UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NY Toyfair

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess the "Susan" mates aren't exclusives, anyway. . .

And I see the "Living in America" Apollo Creed from Rocky 4, but I see no Drago. . .whatsupwitdat?

I believe that "living in America" Apollo is from the first Rocky movie. After he enters the ring dressed as George Washington he switches gear to his top hat and vest. He wears the get up again in part 4 before his bout with Ivan Drago. Hope this clears up that? I'm guessing he'll be paired with "loan shark collector" Rocky in some sort of exclusive 2-pack.

• It's also good to see that Thunderlips will have a normal (no hat) hairpiece as well as his pimp hat.
  • Platoon is looking very nice.
  • DSS doesn't look to shabby. I'd rather have superheros, but what the hell... I'll take a Madonna minimate.
  • GLAD TO SEE MARVEL is not dead. Guess DST was building on everyone's paranoia for a big payoff come the NYTF 08. Well played sirs. :verymad:
  • Iron Man movie mates look incredible. Very detailed. These will be highly sought after by all collectors.
  • What's the deal with the HUlk mini'? They show series 21 and 23 but not 22? Can someone shed some light?
  • Spymaster?! :whistling:
  • A little worried about the lack of DC minis at the show. Glad to see Cyborg is coming with a sonic blaster accessory.
  • Seem DST tweeked Buffalo Bill's head from the prototype we all saw. Looks good for a sculpted piece. What's with the round top though? Hannibal's head look as fat as the Gorn's head. Hope those are still prototypes.
  • Glad to see the mixture in the Star Trek line. Picard, Sisko and the movie Trek mates are a welcome "spruce up" to the line. I don't like the short sleeves on sickbay Bones. There is no clear definition or a short sleeve. It's just 2 separate plastic pieces. Hope it's remedied come production. Love the heavier looking Kirk and Scotty.
  • Now we just need WOK Khan and radiation burned Spock with his oven mitts.
  • How come BTTF 3 minis don't have cowboy boot feet like the "Man with No Name" trilogy mates?

My Rocky knowledge isn't 100%, but I'm wondering if they're going to pair that Living in America Apollo with the Rocky wearing the red white and blue trunks. Did Rocky wear those before he fought Drago in Rocky IV? That pairing would make sense.

Also loving the Paulie/Rocky 2-pack.

Glad to see marvel mates still on the table but I'm still not totally convinced as one of those background plaques says awaiting license approval.

IM movie mates look fantastic though if they get them out in time for the movie it would be great.

I don't usually pick up Marvel 'mates but both of those waves are a must!

The IM movie line looks like Proto-Mk 1 Armour/Captured Tony, Civvies Rhodey/Cruel,Heartless Arms Exec Tony, Modular Mk2 armour with Tony details/Virginia "Pepper" Potts & Mk 2 Armour/Ironmonger. WOO!

All in all a top lineup, Add Nova/Gamorra & War Machine/Spymaster (Not really fussed about Cloak & Dagger though), Star Trek Series 4 & 5, BTTF 2 & 3, DC Series 8 & Platoon 'mates and you've got the equivalent of a junkie being given a blind eye, a syringe and the key to the police evidence room for a couple of hours.... :biggrin:

My wife is currently looking for a good divorce lawyer BTW Any ideas?

Glad to see marvel mates still on the table but I'm still not totally convinced as one of those background plaques says awaiting license approval.

IM movie mates look fantastic though if they get them out in time for the movie it would be great.

basically that just means tat these are not for sure exactly how they will lok when released....it means they can still be tinkered with and changed but in the BIG picture Marvel mates are still onboard that much is a given now

Jeff of the Miniacs

basically that just means tat these are not for sure exactly how they will lok when released....it means they can still be tinkered with and changed but in the BIG picture Marvel mates are still onboard that much is a given now

Jeff of the Miniacs

Cheers for clearing that up for me :D

I see tha backing plaque for the latest wave of DC has The Flash/Grodd 2 pack listed as The Flash (Classic)/Gorrila Grodd. Now I would say having The Flash Figure myself that its Wally not Barry in figure form, so I wouldn't call Wally classic?

It's early Sunday morning for me and words can't describe how happy I am that Marvel is still alive and kicking. The wave with Nova, cloak and dagger and the rest look incrediable!!!!!!!!! Words can't describe my joy at the iron man wave. WOW VIVA MARVEL MINIMATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That War Machine (comic version) is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Not completely sold on the obscure, late-80s/early-90s characters so much, but at least the Marvel line is still going. I guess the guys at DST really enjoyed making us sweat the last couple of months. . .

That War Machine (comic version) is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Not completely sold on the obscure, late-80s/early-90s characters so much, but at least the Marvel line is still going. I guess the guys at DST really enjoyed making us sweat the last couple of months. . .

I get the feeling that they themselves were perspiring somewhat :yes:

I literally screamed in joy when I pulled up mmhq this morning and saw some pics from toy fair. I am so incredibly please first that we are getting more marvel mates, second that we are getting IM movie mates, and third there is another wave of marvel beyond that with war machine and nova! I am a little disappointed that we still don't have a gambit or deadpool and yet we are getting obsure characters like cloak and dagger but hey I love me some minimates so I am good with whatever! Happy HAPPY DAY!

My only gripe is they went with Spymaster over another Iron Man villain. Why didn't they go with the Mandarin? Oh well, everything else looks amazing so far. I hope they post the next DC wave or two today.

Spymaster was a VERY prominant Villian around the time of the War machine suits.

Personally I'd have loved a Crimson Dynamo but SpyMaster is another baddie and that's good :D

T.

Morning Everyone!

Not sure if you guys have seen these but Wizard has some Really clear pics of the upcoming Marvel waves. Some of the iron man's dont seem to have leg knee articulation yet.

Wizard Pics!

I think the knee articulation is there it's just masked a little by the leg pieces.

More interestingly they have fewer parts and figures on show, none of the partly suited up Tony Starks or extra heads for the War Machines.

T.

Well, it looks like DST has Doctor Who minimates coming too! Wow!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=507

OMG... I think I'm going to explode at all the new mates coming :D

I'm so glad they are doing these, looks like DST are making them for another company and don't hold the license though.

T.

Well, it looks like DST has Doctor Who minimates coming too! Wow!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=507

Wow. I think that just blew my mind.

With the Star Trek mates, the Marvel mates and now Dr. Who mates - it's too much good news to take it all at once. So happy...

And gimmie a Minimate Dalek. Right now. I'm not kidding here, DST.

Dr who minimates awesome..

oh wait a minimate-minute!!! one of the greatest british sci-fi show's is being turned into minimates..... minimates which DST won't release in the UK because to quote my gran, god rest her soul "their tighter then a ducks arse" because they won't pay for safety testing in the UK!!! :verymad: