UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC minimate wave 7 detailed pics

MINI_MYTE

That what a threat, not a contest! :P

*throws bricks*

2.jpg

*throws KU-bricks* :P

I got dibs on Dormammu. (Or is that supposed to be Human Torch?)

"When is DCD going to re-do the C3 characters so all of us who missed the boat can get Flash, Nightwing and Martian Manhunter?!?"

"Why is DCD wasting our time with retreads of C3 characters that clearly nobody needs?!?"

"How come DCD hasn't made my solid gold toilet yet?!?"

;)

It'll be in next month's Previews on page 78:

_40862295_afptoilet300.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ll, I make a certain amount of sense. We already have 2 flashes. To get a third of the SAME character (not even a different person) is just over kill for such a minor character (Yes, I just said Minor. He's not one of the "big 3") And on top of that, he, well, sucks. The face is off and the mask is just wrong. The treaded boots are great but I mean, comeon. Batman, we've already gotten a bajillion Batmen. Albeit the light blue/gray color was only in the C3 line, but I hope this is the last of them for a long, looooong time. Nightwing looks nearly identical to his C3 counterpart. What gives? And to be fair, before everyone says "thats fine for you, you've got the originals", no, I don't. I have ONE Flash that I was just lucky enough to nab. I need all the others as much as everyone else.

I am biased, yes. I don't like 2.5", but that IS just me. I can still think these characters look good. Starfire though, jeeze. I think they could have done better, dodtcha think?

Over all I think this wave is so weak compared to wave 6 that it is an elephant with toothpicks for knees. It tries too hard to sell itself as serious and just crumbles.

Just think. We could be getting Allan Scott and Starman but noooo, we get sucky flash... <_<

Okay. I'm done griping in this thread. Have fun with yalls toys. :)

Man, this wave sucks. They systematically remaking C3 figures and voiding the originals out, there's TWO 2.5"ers in this wave, Starfire looks awful, Ambush Bug is a blank.

So we've got one good character out of this wave. Lobo. Like there was ever any doubt he'd be good. The rest just get a super duper el-PASS-o from me. <_<

And the first person to use Lobo's quote against me gets a brick to the head.

Don't care particularly for Ambush Bug but Starfire looks quite decent to me. Very similar to this source material below. Perhaps she's a little on the plain side in terms of parts but I quite like this rendition.

starfire.jpg

This version of The Flash is fantastic what with the new treaded boots and this Nightwing is a whole lot meaner than his C3 counterpart. Both C3 versions of these two characters didn't quite "fit" with the new DC Direct mates in terms of plastic, detail and in certain cases, scale. I quite like Bats but just wish they'd used a cut / sculpted cowl rather than a full face cover but I can live with it.

I'm just glad we're still getting minimates!

EDIT: Have to disagree with Dino on the new Nightwing. Quite a considerable difference to the old one - gloss / flat colouring, face, hair, colour of escrima sticks and different shade of blue in the stripe.

Remaking the C3's is why I like them. Not everyone has the original Flash or Nightwing. As for 2.5'ers, when they are scale-appropriate, bring 'em on! True, I have NO idea who Ambush Bug is, but I am a little bug-curious now...

Ambush Bug info

and a suggestion for a quick custom (one that I know I'll be doing as soon as I get an extra Bug...):

bigbug2.jpg

Man, this wave sucks. They systematically remaking C3 figures and voiding the originals out, there's TWO 2.5"ers in this wave, Starfire looks awful, Ambush Bug is a blank.

So we've got one good character out of this wave. Lobo. Like there was ever any doubt he'd be good. The rest just get a super duper el-PASS-o from me. <_<

Before we start I've been on the beer.

Who Gives a flying brick batt that they are voiding C3 there alot of ppl that couldnt because of where they lived get C3 without paying through the nose. if your a collector get your C3 an enjoy them thre only ones who can complain are the fleea bay scalpers

If you like C3 flash pay for C3 flash I for one dont care that its wally or barry as its a flash and I'm happy, same can be said for martin manhunter as it will happen (an I dont have). the money will still be there as colleters want the rare/first editions.Me I just want the characters

*whacks TM2 Dinobot with bat*

Yeah...most of the C3 Minimates are upwards of $30 dollars. Nightwing is around $15.

So let's see...there's Flash - $30. Nightwing - $15. Martian Manhunter - $45. Robin (Tim Drake) - $20. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) - $30. Catwoman - $15. Darksied - $15. Man-Bat - $30.

That's... $200. $200. $200!

No thanks. Remake them all for me DCD. And frankly, all the remakes have looked better than the C3s.

Yeah...most of the C3 Minimates are upwards of $30 dollars. Nightwing is around $15.

So let's see...there's Flash - $30. Nightwing - $15. Martian Manhunter - $45. Robin (Tim Drake) - $20. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) - $30. Catwoman - $15. Darksied - $15. Man-Bat - $30.

No thanks. Remake them all for me DCD. And frankly, all the remakes have looked better than the C3s.

Owning multiples of each AND buying them at original retail price? Priceless! :D

IMO, Minimate collectors should not even consider the C3 minis when looking at the DCD minis. C3 was done in a more animated style by Playalong. DCD is making characters from their DC Universe in a far more detailed fashion and without any regard for C3.

I'd try to get past it and move on...

Also, if you like Flash (like I do), you gotta be glad that he has finally be done right. Thankd DCD!

Owning multiples of each AND buying them at original retail price? Priceless! :D

Three Mini Javelins and two Batcycles at a discount. More Priceless

Need I say that I love ALL Minimates (perhaps not LOR),but the ones to hoard will always be C3. Love the new Flash though!

If by LOR you mean LOTR, then I have to ask: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? Those were some of the best when it came to accesories and attenion to detail. Amazing.

different people will like different things i guess.

i'm ambivalent toward the use of C3-released characters for this wave -- while i'd have preferred totally new characters not done yet [another Titan to join Starfire, another rogue/Gotham hero to join Clayface] , these guys are rather well-done and make life a lot easier for those who never got the chance to get them. the latter [particularly the last] factor takes precedence over any personal preference of mine, i believe.

This wasn't my favorite wave ever, but it's still great to get all these characters.

The only problem I had was with the Flash. It should have been Barry. Not because I love Barry, or because we already have Wally from C3. It's mostly because in this wave we got a silver age Batman, we've already gotten a silver age Hal Jordan, Barry would have made a nice addition. Especially since the Grodd he comes with is the silver age look. I also had a problem with Wally's face. It looks too old to me, not young enough to be Wally at least. And the mask is wrong, which is what annoys me the most. The eyes on the mask are supposed to be white, like Batman, not holes like Barry's.

Oh well...

I keep thinking the same thing when I look at him, Danial...

At the threat of sounding like an ass, sit the %^&$ down and think a moment people. You get peeved when DST keeps throwing out retreads of the same characters over and over. Yet for DC that somehow makes it okay because you "don't have them"? If you want them, GO GET THEM. They aren't under lock and key. Sure you'll pay more, but the thrill of the hunt makes them that much more enjoyable. The only reason you're mad at me is because you think I'm saying "boo hoo, I am no longer superior to everyone because I had something they didn't but now they do too". I'm not. I could care less what you have. What I AM saying is that these are cheap renditions of already released product, and the only reason you like them is because it's an easy out. Here, I can prove it.

Again, not trying to piss any one off. Just calling it like I see it.

post-51-1203036373_thumb.jpg

post-51-1203036391_thumb.jpg

I keep thinking the same thing when I look at him, Danial...

At the threat of sounding like an ass, sit the %^&$ down and think a moment people. You get peeved when DST keeps throwing out retreads of the same characters over and over. Yet for DC that somehow makes it okay because you "don't have them"? If you want them, GO GET THEM. They aren't under lock and key. Sure you'll pay more, but the thrill of the hunt makes them that much more enjoyable. The only reason you're mad at me is because you think I'm saying "boo hoo, I am no longer superior to everyone because I had something they didn't but now they do too". I'm not. I could care less what you have. What I AM saying is that these are cheap renditions of already released product, and the only reason you like them is because it's an easy out. Here, I can prove it.

Again, not trying to piss any one off. Just calling it like I see it.

*whacks TM2 Dinobot again*

Stop criticizing wave 7, dammit!

IMO the second best DC wave is wave 7 (the first best is wave 3)

I look at C3 and DCD minimates very differently. C3 is VERY animated looking because they are BASED off of animated cartoons. DCD minimates are VERY comic book looking (very detailed) because they are BASED off of Comic Books. So Dinobot, no offense, but your pictures are pretty useless, as the source material is different. It just further confirms that they are not "rehashes."

I think its pretty lame that people are complaining that they are getting redone, because they are indeed very different. And seriously, why complain?!?! If you don't like em, DON'T buy them. It's very simple. =)

Are-Jay

Okay.

DC minimates are very clearly and very consistently done in the style of the comics, not the animated show.Your argument that these are "cheap renditions of already released product" just doesn't hold water.

Cheap: Not really. Flash, at least, cost more than the original, because he has more unique pieces (treaded feet). Plus, they sculpted new hair and a new mask. That's two pieces they could have used existing molds for, but didn't. Nightwing, again, has a new hair sculpt. And I personally think the quality of these are superior to the existing C3 ones.

Already released: The C3 mates are widely considered to be animated style, not comic book style. If you're a "series" collector (and most collectors are), the C3 Flash just doesn't fit with the new DC mates. There's obviously a lot of Flash fans out there, and a demand for a comic-styled Flash exists. I'll concede that a Barry Allen Flash would have been nice, but this is still a different version of the character than the C3. You wouldn't put your Mattel JLU Flash up with your DC Direct League, because he's "the same guy," right?

This is totally different than the retreads of The Man With No Name from the GB&U set; that one is a straight pick-up; same parts, same deco, same style. This is DCD listening to the majority of collectors who want a style-consistent version of a major character.

Okay.

DC minimates are very clearly and very consistently done in the style of the comics, not the animated show.Your argument that these are "cheap renditions of already released product" just doesn't hold water.

Clayface, Harley Quinn, Stargirl, Booster Gold are all spitting images of their Cartoon Counterparts. Even DR. Fate seems to take his cue from the show. There ARE animated style figures in the DCD line up. Taking that into account, it's clear DCD is aware both of the show and ergo the previous C3 lines.

So I say again. Batman, Flash and Nightwing are retreads of previously produced characters, where there is clear acknowledgment of the previous line, or at least the show it was inspired from.

Whatever. I am NOT going to fight over this any more. I've already wasted too much time. I think wave 7 sucks and is probably the worst thus far. Go have fun with your reissues. I'll have fun with mine.

:)

Okay.

Clayface, Harley Quinn, Stargirl, Booster Gold are all spitting images of their Cartoon Counterparts. Even DR. Fate seems to take his cue from the show. There ARE animated style figures in the DCD line up. Taking that into account, it's clear DCD is aware both of the show and ergo the previous C3 lines.

So I say again. Batman, Flash and Nightwing are retreads of previously produced characters, where there is clear acknowledgment of the previous line, or at least the show it was inspired from.

Whatever. I am NOT going to fight over this any more. I've already wasted too much time. I think wave 7 sucks and is probably the worst thus far. Go have fun with your reissues. I'll have fun with mine.

:)

CoughdouchebagCough