• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my set yesterday,and its awesome! Here's a review:

Lobo: Like him. He's like an 80's hair band guy. 8/10

Ambush Bug:One of the funniest Minimates I've ever seen! 10/10

Flash:One of the best in the set. 10/10

Gorilla Grodd:Nice to have a Flash villain.Now bring on Black Flash,Professer Zoom,Mirror Master,and Captain Cold! 8/10

Nightwing:Sweet.... 10/10

Starfire:One of the sexiest Minimates of 2008. 9/10

Classic Batman:Yay! An Adam West type Batman! 9/10

Clayface:He kinda looks like poop,but he's cool! Now where's Two-Face?! 7/10

whoa long time no see! i am soooo behind on my collecting!!!!! i got to get my hands on that flash and nightwing.

only i dont like wally's face, it looks like an obese man in spandex. dont like the hair either. wonder wat i could replace it with?????

For a Barry Allen head the Series 1 Bruce Wayne head works pretty well.

However, if you get the Captain America that came with Nick Fury and cut just a little bit off the top of the Cap head off from the top, the Flash mask fits real nicely and it looks the best (at least that I've found so far).

Just cut a little off, fit the mask on and see if you need to cut a little more. Doesn't take much. And if you cut TOO much you can put some sticky tack in there to fill the remaining space.

I'm all about some Silver Age super heroes.

• 2 weeks later...

You'd think they would make a Barry Allen figure by now. This is the third Wally we got. Though i do like his shoes. Like the face from the Martian manhunter 2 pack though.

Hey folks, this is my first post on this forum. Im a member of Legions of Gotham and part the DC Direct forum as well.

My opinion as the the 2nd to last line of DC Minimates is that it has a few not so cool choices...mainly my pet peeve is Ambush Bug over Black Canary? Nightwing in this line, is way different from the C3 Line...colors, hair etc. Starfire looks bulky and not sexy...but regardless, its great to have Titans made. Lobo by far is the best looking mate. Details are amazing. Grodd looks great, the use of "primate" feet and hands was an awesome choice. The Flash was already made for the C3 line. I was hoping it was the Barry Allen version of him, but we just got another Wally West...that makes 3 versions made of him (Javelin version, Mini-Flyer version and now this last one)

I am sad that the DC line is going to end. Maybe I am wrong and they have decided to continue it as i write but I am greatly disapointed in DC Direct. I would love to see a box set for JLA Black Canary, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Red Arrow, Martian Manhunter (with variant being his new duds)

SO much they can do yet the new prez over there is a total loon. He said they werent selling...dude they are all sold out in my area always!!!

A John Stewart Minimate has already been made, actually. However, it was a convention exclusive:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=301

You may know this, but a Manhunter was made as well, though under the C3 line (it is very expensive to get ahold of):

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=250

While I would also prefer Black Canary or a number of others over Ambush Bug (I didn't even buy the Ambush Bug/Lobo pack), I'm actually not upset with DST over this. I like that they release less popular/more obscure characters every now and then. For every one that I don't like, I tend to get one that I do, and I think it's a cool nod to hard-core fans. Not releasing only the major, popular characters first also helps to ensure the viability of the line for longer than would be the case if the first wave was, say: Superman/Batman; Wonder Woman/Flash; Aquaman/Martian Manhunter; Green Lantern/Hawkman (by wave 7 or so, you would start to get mostly obscure characters). Palisades seemed to perfect this process with its Muppet figures a few years ago--keeping fans' interest by holding off on major names like Sam the Eagle, Janice, and the Swedish Chef until later waves.

Having said that, this is only a good thing as long as a line keeps going. When they end comes, if companies go this route, fans get left without team members and favorites, and that sucks. Personally, I will be sorry if I don't see more members of the JSA or more Titans.

I have both the John Stewart Lantern (which is linked to the cartoon) and the Martian Manhunter (also linked to the cartoon). They should release the comic book versions of them. (I own an extra Javelin Flash/Mahunter set if anyone wants to buy it)

With the ill fated Pocket Heros line, they released the conference table...which i thought was the coolest thing. I think they could have done the same thing for the minimates...perhaps a mini-Hall of Justice playset or diorama.

Red Arrow, Donna Troy, The New Robin Costume, Two-Face, Scare-Crow...Mr. Freeze...man sooo many choices and people to make. They are losing out on making a killing. Oh well.