UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

E-Spectrum No. 60

I may be reading into it too much bt perhaps Susan is going to be the giveaway this year :) toyfair cant get here fast enough....I have feeling its gonna be minitastic!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

thats how the e-mail comes across, i think she'll be this years "starbuck"

and minijeff, your avatar on a t-shirt with the slogan "nMo", "New Minimate Order"...

nothing to exciting minimate wise but this:

Next month’s American International Toy Fair will see the debut of all new action figure waves, box sets, statues and more – including the upcoming Star Trek action figure two-packs and a special treat for fans Desperately Seeking the first ever Susan Minimate!

so at least we have these to look forward to when the Marvels are gone! :rolleyes:

From DST:

Next month’s American International Toy Fair will see the debut of all new action figure waves, box sets, statues and more – including the upcoming Star Trek action figure two-packs and a special treat for fans Desperately Seeking the first ever Susan Minimate!

I only have one thing to say: :rolleyes:

I love 80s pop music. Would be awesome if they had released a Huey Lewis figure instead of a Marty variant for one of the BTTF packs.

. . .since I'm thinking about 80s musicians in film, how about DST work on getting the rights to a Danny Elfman figure from Weird Science, Sting from Dune, Prince from Purple Rain, Tom Waits from Down by Law or Rumblefish, Debbie Harry from Videodrome, and of course, Olivia Newton-John from Xanadu!

Then they could do start doing actors who briefly "acted" like musicians: Patrick Swayze, Bruce Willis, Don Johnson, Eddie Murphy. . .

I'll throw my hat into the ring with a big "meh."

I am, and will probably always be a fan of the superhero mates. More sci-fi/action/adventure fare like BSG, BTTF and the Dollars trilogy are cool and all, but stuff like Lambs, and now Susan feel like they're really taking mates in a weird direction.

I guess they're trying to diversify to hit a larger audience with these movie mates. I just hope that's not the entire future of the brand.

Here's hoping they score the Columbia/Tristar license. Ghostbusters mates, anyone? Yes, Ivan, I'm talking to you.

ya know if they are going to put a bunch of dated cheesy 80's movies into minimate form hows about a little love for Buckaroo Banzai before Madonna of all things

I'd buy these in a second. I think way back a few years ago, the DST guys were asked about Buckaroo Bonzai, but nothing really came of it.

I love 80s pop music. Would be awesome if they had released a Huey Lewis figure instead of a Marty variant for one of the BTTF packs.

. . .since I'm thinking about 80s musicians in film, how about DST work on getting the rights to a Danny Elfman figure from Weird Science, Sting from Dune, Prince from Purple Rain, Tom Waits from Down by Law or Rumblefish, Debbie Harry from Videodrome, and of course, Olivia Newton-John from Xanadu!

Then they could do start doing actors who briefly "acted" like musicians: Patrick Swayze, Bruce Willis, Don Johnson, Eddie Murphy. . .

Rick Springfield played Apollo's brother Zak (KIA) in the classic BSG. :P

Desperately Seeking Susan Minimates?! YES! :highfive2:

Even if Marvel is out of the picture, the Minimate future is bright indeed. :rolleyes:

...(pause while I gather my thought)

"No Marvel, but we get Madonna!"

No, no, no...you obviously are joking.

either that or it's a skrull trick & he's messing with our minds............. :blink:

Rick Springfield played Apollo's brother Zak (KIA) in the classic BSG. :P

I thought that was him! (I just watched the 1st ep last night on Hulu.com. Fantastic site if you can get an invite, I strongly suggest for TV on your pc.)

Madonna mates have been confirmed huh? If she is one of the TF exclusives, put me down for one. I'll even be interested in picking up a 2 pack or the boxed set. I'm a closet Madonna fan. Really clashes with my punk rock roots though. :D Don't tell anybody!

Yeah - Madonna minimates must be some type of cruel joke... especially Desperately Seeking Susan... :sick:

If we had to get Madonna, at least it could be Truth or Dare Madonna.... Conical, Pointy Boobs might be regarded as a weapon.

Seriously though, I'm hoping everyone is reading too much into that clue or that the DST guys are having a good laugh at our expense.

Nonetheless, I'm jealous of all you guys that get to go to Toy Fair.