UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

whats your favortie marvel minimate?

fishtankdork

im new here and i didn't see a thread like this that was recent , so i did this just to get a feel what your favorites are.

plus this will tell me what good minimates i don't have and need

my favorite has to be assault punisher. im a big fan and i love how all the smaller accessories have mini pouches

<my real favorite, but put together is captian america top w/ a. punisher's lower half w/ handgun,knife in tribute to the new cap comming out>

Yep BHM is right the wave 5 cap is awesome, add wave 2 Spidey and wave 6 IronMan (esp stealth variant) and you have some classic but awesome minimates. These days they seem over produced, the older mates capture the feel of the characters without loosing that minimate simplicity.

Looking forward.. Ultron is my most wanted of the soon to come mates!

T.

The original Spidey is still the benchmark when it comes to the Marvel line. Just about every Spider-Man release has tried to recreate that quality and simplicity, many of which (Spidey 2099, Riot-Attack Spidey, others) have failed.

That being said, original Spidey is probably the only one from the beginning of the line who can still stand up to the overly detailed releases that really started with Assault Punisher and picked up steam until today. Daredevil and Cap both had to be rereleased in newer duds and Hulk had to be rereleased in a bulkier form.

Easy Answer: Spider-Man (Series 2)

-It's the classic Minimate. From the moment I saw toyfare that featured the first look at Minimate Spidey I was sold. Still, I bought all of Series 1 and especially loved Daredevil, but it was the moment I got Spidey that I knew everything would change! And it has, now my sole collection in life revolves around these small 2inch peices of crack! No more action figures, no more LEGOs, no more trading cards, this is it and it all started with Spider-Man!

Honorable Mentions:

-Blade: He always gets overlooked because he came with Punisher, but I love Blade and his sword!

-Captain America: He is a Marvel Icon and one heck of a Minimate

-Iron Man: The slim fit mask was a first for Minimates and an awesome addition to the Classic Iron Man

-Thor: One of the newer releases, but looks great and comes with the best accessory ever!

-Human Torch: I loved this figure because of the little base he came with, awesome!

Coming Soon:

-Archangel: Do I really even need to put this down, this is the mate I've wanted since Series 1!

-2008: So far we've only had 19 and 20 confimred, there is no telling what this year has in store for us!

neo

Captain America from wave five hands down. The only modification I did was add the boots from the silver age flash....perfection in a minimate.

Runner Up: Dr. Strange. Just a great translation and a good looking mate to boot.

Miss Congeniality: Dr Doom. I know there could be some improvements to this figure (the hood and cape. But damn this a good simple figure!

The original Spidey is still the benchmark when it comes to the Marvel line. Just about every Spider-Man release has tried to recreate that quality and simplicity, many of which (Spidey 2099, Riot-Attack Spidey, others) have failed.

That being said, original Spidey is probably the only one from the beginning of the line who can still stand up to the overly detailed releases that really started with Assault Punisher and picked up steam until today. Daredevil and Cap both had to be rereleased in newer duds and Hulk had to be rereleased in a bulkier form.

WRONG. Carnage from the same pack is an absolutly outstanding minimate and is every bit (if not worlds better) as good as anything that has come afterward. He's got detail on top of his head for the love of god. Make sure you get him.

Also, Spidey was "redone" as Torment Spidey.

With so many great mates (all of the GS X-Men and Defenders boxset 'mates come to mind), if I had to pick just one then it would have to be the simplistic perfection of Captain America series 5. While I love the added details of the newer release, the deeper shade of blue and full wrap-around stripes keeps series 5's Cap in the top-ranks. Add GA Flash's boots (as MoC suggested), and you've got an outstanding representation.

Extremely close runner-up goes to Thor. While I had to switch the head with DCD's Aquaman to get what I wanted, he is still an otherwise flawless mate.

I would add another vote for wave 5 Captain America and the first Spidey as my 2 favorites. Apart from those, I really like the Punisher from the exclusive pack with battle-damaged Cap. Its just really basic and iconic (like Cap and Spidey). Based on the pics, I also really like Nightcrawler, though I haven't seen him in person.

I am going to have to go with the original Hulk. He is one of the 4 that got me hooked. A close second would be absorbing man. Funny enough I barely read the Hulk and and know nothing about absorbing man. I just loved the designs. I didn't/don't care about scale.

I cant narrow to 1, so here are 5.

#1 - Frosted Iceman. The best.

#2 - Iron Fist

#3 - Scarlet Spidey

#4 - Spidey 2099

#5 - Dr. Strange

Also----Blade / Punisher / Cable / Bishop / Super Skrull / Symbiote / Juggernaut (x3) / Venom w/tongue / Thanos

Sorry, I can't help myself...