zombie iron man and black panther set

Mattallica

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is a full-head mask such a detriment to customizing Black Panther? Doesn't Black Panther have a full mask in the comics? I am thinking of an out-dated version costume?

How about you just paint the whole mask black, pop it and the head on a black blank (maybe add Wildcat's torso). Use some clawed hands if you want. Add that talisman necklace (maybe from Ultimate Storm). Would this not be Black Panther?

Why is a full-head mask such a detriment to customizing Black Panther? Doesn't Black Panther have a full mask in the comics? I am thinking of an out-dated version costume?

How about you just paint the whole mask black, pop it and the head on a black blank (maybe add Wildcat's torso). Use some clawed hands if you want. Add that talisman necklace (maybe from Ultimate Storm). Would this not be Black Panther?

I was planning on painting the mask to begin with. I'm more disappointed by the lack of detail on the crippled leg, as it makes the chore more difficult to pull off a full conversion.

The Black Panther is actually perfectly how I would want that figure to be. No complaints. Iron Man was also mostly cool, but the face mask kind of dissapointed me. I was really expecting for it to be the kind that flips up and down while staying attached to the head piece.. but no, it doesn't. Oh well.

The Black Panther is actually perfectly how I would want that figure to be. No complaints. Iron Man was also mostly cool, but the face mask kind of dissapointed me. I was really expecting for it to be the kind that flips up and down while staying attached to the head piece.. but no, it doesn't. Oh well.

To be fair, the shape of the head wouldn't really allow a standard sized mask to fold up and down. I just wish there was a second set of holes that would allow the mask to be clipped on in a different position.

i got mine today as well and overall i think there fantastic, like most though it would have been great if BP came with other limbs but i'd have mee more pumped if iron man came with a "cosmic power" lower half.

To be fair, the shape of the head wouldn't really allow a standard sized mask to fold up and down. I just wish there was a second set of holes that would allow the mask to be clipped on in a different position.

I understand, but they were still marketing it with images that heavily implied thta you could. Just dissapointed. They should have just solicited it with the face plate on. Dirty trick.

I understand, but they were still marketing it with images that heavily implied thta you could. Just dissapointed. They should have just solicited it with the face plate on. Dirty trick.

To be fair, the figure does what the picture says.

I thought the same thing as you when I got the figure, so I tried posing the faceplate as shown in the photos. While the little pegs don't fit into the holes in this configuration, they do hold the mask in place on top of his head decently well.

To be honest, I was more disappointed that he didn't have a removable full helmet, as is the tradition with Iron Man mates. But, to achieve the up-and-down faceplate effect used so much in the source material, this was an okay compromise.

This is my modification to survivor Black Panther. After Forge made him some replacement limbs.

I used the right arm from cyborg superman, the lower leg from steel, and the foot from cyborg superman...

I think it looks better than the bloody stumps..and shows his appearance at the end of the first Marvel Zombie Series

Picture3048.jpg?t=1200152226

I also was tempted, and gave in to that temptation at the LCS today by picking this pack up. I bought it for Zombie Iron Man alone, however. I'm not very keen on that Black Panther. . .I really wish DST had released regular versions of him and Giant Man. They would have rounded out my Avengers team nicely :(

Hate to double post, but. . .check out the awesome pic at the bottom of this page's review.

http://www.oafe.net/yo/mmmzbpim.php

Some very nice photoshop work. I would love to have a giant-sized Giant Man-mate. This guy also criticizes people for complaining that there is no "regular" versions of some of the zombie characters. D'oh!

ok folks,

It was bound to happen...

I got a pack of these today and because of my endless quest for more IM minimates I tinkered a little...

below is my 'un-zombified' pointy masked IM.

post-7-1200698154_thumb.jpg

Not totally happy with the legs at the mo. but another coart of paint will help.

Thoughts?

T.

Very nice! I might just have to try that myself. Did you try doing an un-zombified face under the mask? If not, any plans to?

I did, but the way I wanted to do it was as a removable over the head mask ala wave 6 IM.

It's possible but the pointy mask stretches too much and looks too wide, so I gave up and for now just have zombie face underneath. One day I'll find time to solve that problem though.

BTW if your planning on doing this yourself then the paint matches are...

Games workshop(citadel)

'Golden Yellow' for the Zombie Mask (and golden parts.)

'Blood red'. I used this on the zombie legs to get a color match for the parts (chest & crotch) I swapped in from a wave six IM.

T.