zombie iron man and black panther set

Mattallica

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did anyone get these yet? My LCS guy must have forgot to put my order in caue he didnt get them. but i ordered a set from another shop which will arrive next week but thats to long to wait to see em.

I have 'em, but don't have a camera. I can tell you a few things though:

* Black Panther does not come with additional limbs.

* Black Panther's mask is a slip on, a la Wave 1 Batman. He has a hole in his head, which makes him look pretty damn stupid with the mask off.

* Iron Man's mask attaches via two holes in either side of his head.

* Iron Man's mask does not flip up, despite what the box shows. The best you can do is kind of sit it on top of his head.

* The feet have detail on them, which is a plus.

* Iron Man is not as bright as the prototype was, which is good.

* Iron Man lacks detail on his back, which is off considering how gritty the rest of the Marvel Zombie line has been.

drgnrbrn, are you on the west coast? I'm wondering if these are going to follow the usual release pattern of "west coast one week, rest of the country next week".

I'd be happy if I could go to my local shop tonight and pick these up.

I have 'em, but don't have a camera. I can tell you a few things though:

* Black Panther does not come with additional limbs.

* Black Panther's mask is a slip on, a la Wave 1 Batman. He has a hole in his head, which makes him look pretty damn stupid with the mask off.

*SON OF A BITCH!!! this was the main reason I wanted him! I wonder if we could contact DST Chuck or Matt and get some???

*Can you use the hair from the 24 character to make it look better?

I assume that you could use a hair piece to help the look, but I'm at work and don't have access to my parts bin at the moment.

As far as the missing limbs are concerned, it can't be fixed by buying two of the sets either. The boot detail is missing under the bandages on one leg, making it impossible to just slip the bandages off and slip another foot on to get a normal look. Somehow, I doubt this is a case like the Rocky hairpiece. I think they just scrapped the idea and left the characters as is. After all, we never saw him with limbs in the protos.

I'm still puzzling how to do a normal Black Panther though. I imagine I'll just use the mask and head, and do the rest of the figure from scratch. A normal Iron Man should be no trouble though. Just hide the scratched up details and faint a normal face.

I assume that you could use a hair piece to help the look, but I'm at work and don't have access to my parts bin at the moment.

As far as the missing limbs are concerned, it can't be fixed by buying two of the sets either. The boot detail is missing under the bandages on one leg, making it impossible to just slip the bandages off and slip another foot on to get a normal look. Somehow, I doubt this is a case like the Rocky hairpiece. I think they just scrapped the idea and left the characters as is. After all, we never saw him with limbs in the protos.

I'm still puzzling how to do a normal Black Panther though. I imagine I'll just use the mask and head, and do the rest of the figure from scratch. A normal Iron Man should be no trouble though. Just hide the scratched up details and faint a normal face.

Couldn't the prostetics be added by using say Ultron, Doctor Doom, or maybe cyborg Superman to give them the replacement limbs?

Couldn't the prostetics be added by using say Ultron, Doctor Doom, or maybe cyborg Superman to give them the replacement limbs?

I was thinking the same thing in regards to making a post-devouring Black Panther, though I'd likely swap the chest with Apollo Creed's since the bandages would be gone.

I'm more interested in modifying my Black Panther custom figure, since who knows when the hell we'll get a regular one.

Yep, they're here on the West Coast too. (No sign of Taskmaster / US Agent, though.) drgnrbrn316 beat me to the announcement and effectively covered all the critical details.

But I will say they are some of my favorite zombies. It's a shame Black Panther doesn't come with full limbs but his stumps do look good. He's definitely the Best 'Mate of 2008 so far. ;)

Yep, they're here on the West Coast too. (No sign of Taskmaster / US Agent, though.) drgnrbrn316 beat me to the announcement and effectively covered all the critical details.

But I will say they are some of my favorite zombies. It's a shame Black Panther doesn't come with full limbs but his stumps do look good. He's definitely the Best 'Mate of 2008 so far. ;)

Cappy, you're slacking :) We expect imidately published pictures from you these days :D

T.

p.s. good job with the CSV lists elsewhere on the site :)

Well, I guess? I could cut the face away on the mask and slip it down over a black head for a full-head mask on BP?

Arg.

Sometimes I get tired of fooling with these little customs and wish they'd just release a regular version of the character.

you could use almost of the parts from DC's Wildcat ;)

MY GRUMPY BASTARD REVIEW:

I just got back from my comic shop with one set of these. My LCS guy screwed up and only ordered me one, thereby helping along my disappointment in this set.

I mean, it's great, don't get me wrong.

But it's disappointing that BP does have the extra limb I thought we were 'sposed to get with him.

Also it's a drag that underneath his bloody-stump they didn't give that leg the paint app. like they did the full-leg, so there's one more strike for getting yourself a regular BP. The slip on mask might be able to be cut so you could put a solid black head underneath it for a full-mask, but I don't think I'm going to try it and make a crappy looking figure.

And the BP gray doesn't quite match the Wildcat gray I was hoping would help me make a neat regular BP for.

The Iron Man is neat but the mask isn't cast in yellow plastic, so I can't remove the scratched paint app. and have a regular looking SA Iron Man either.

So all in all they're great looking figures for what they are but unless you want to paint abunch on them, you won't have any non-zombie versions like you may have hoped for (like me). It gives me SOME hope that DST cast new molds for the Iron Man head and Black Panther head. I mean, maybe they'll use these to give us the real regular versions. Sooner, hopefully, than later.

Go here to my facebook album and see my quick pictures:

http://astate.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2...amp;id=70302941

Maybe this will tide you guys over until someone can get some better pics up:

Have I told you lately that I hate my camera?

Thanks Man.. I have an I Need at least 2 of that Iron Man itch now :|

BTW is "Have I told you lately that I hate my camera?" a spin on that classic Van Morrison song?

T.

p.s. If anyone has spares of these ( I need 2 sets) and wants to trade out for DD/Giantman SDCC zombie sets then let me know.