UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Captain America Costume

MiniFiend UK

IGN has images up of the new CA costume and to be honest I don't mind it too much. Just going to have to wait a few years for it to be released in minimate form :D

I just recently caught up on the happenings in the Marvel Comic World so forgive the ignorance but...

Is Steve Rogers aka Captain America (THE Cap') really dead? I read the issue where he was shot but just naturally assumed that he'd be back in a few months or a year. While it hasnt been a year yet are there any signs that Steve is really dead and not coming back?

Re: the new uniform

Looks decent enough. Someone suggested it was Winter Soldier inspired and id have to say thats a fair comment.

Thanks for the link Minifiend UK.

I like the costume, especially the way the chest emblem references caps original shield from his WW2 days. Can't say I'm happy to see him wielding a pistol though. I wonder if this storyline is going to go a bit Azbats?

Steve Rogers is dead. Dead like my great great auntie millie. The only way he is being resurrected is if someone deciedes to go back in time to an alternate universe and pluck him out of it, which will probably happen.

He is carring a gun because he is most likely Bucky. Thus also the throw back look.

That redesign and the letter that Steve left Tony definately seems to point to it been Bucky....

I reckon that Steve will be back at some point though, after all the Red Skull has been playing around with time travel tech recently and there is still that cosmic cub kicking around....

IMO its quite a nice redesign, and I dont mind the addition of a gun, after all you americans like your guns :P

Marvel seems to be deadset on keeping Steve Rogers dead for now. He will return in that Avengers/Invaders story that's in the works, but that seems to be the only plans at the moment that I've read anywhere. As for who's under the mask, Bucky seems to be the too obvious to be true choice. They could always yank USAgent from the Omega Flight line-up and stick him in the new duds, but that's probably another too obvious choice. And I don't see anyone in a position of authority giving Frank Castle the shield.

I actually really like it. It looks awesome with the old shield breast plate and black arms and legs.

The pistol does seem out of place though. At least give him a machine gun like Ult. Cap. But thats just my opinion.

I know this isn't an original gripe or anything, but the whole thing with comic companies killing off beloved or semi-beloved characters for pure shock value nowadays annoys the piss out of me (not surprising, I guess, when you look at my avatar). . .but beyond that, everybody knows Steve is coming back, nobody really believes Marvel's crap, and its obviously just a marketing gimmick, like everything else that they do, and I'm probably more annoyed with their half-baked attempt to rip-off the Death of Superman storyline than with anything else they've done in recent years (with the possible exception of killing off and subsequently, and ridiculously, resurrecting Hawkeye).

IMO its quite a nice redesign, and I dont mind the addition of a gun, after all you americans like your guns :P

Sir, that is a stereotype. The truth is that we Americans fucking LOVE our guns. So there.

My first reaction to the suit was, "What's with Captain Slippery? Damn, that thing's glossy! How many coats of lacquer did it need?"

I'm sure the armor tunic is made up of some "next generation micro/nano-armor plating" that moves like vegetable oil on a stripper but protects like Superman's Speedoâ„¢.

It's one of the better redesigns I've seen.

It'll make a nice Minimate.

Once upon a time they used to say 'only Bucky stays dead'.

Bucky's not dead anymore. ;)

The Real saying is Bucky, jason Todd and Uncle Ben. Two out of the three are back. Maybe with One More Day, Aunt May will die, but Ben return

Sir, that is a stereotype. The truth is that we Americans fucking LOVE our guns. So there.

My first reaction to the suit was, "What's with Captain Slippery? Damn, that thing's glossy! How many coats of lacquer did it need?"

I'm sure the armor tunic is made up of some "next generation micro/nano-armor plating" that moves like vegetable oil on a stripper but protects like Superman's Speedoâ„¢.

Bet it gets mess up real good after the first arc.

Also, when it is Ross everything is glossy.

MMMMMMM........stripper covered in vegetable oil...Uh... what....Oh yeah nice new suit, I'm sure this will be showing up soon in the custom section. :biggrin: Oh, by the way not all of us Americans love guns....take Batman for instance, oh and me. :P

As obvious as it would be to put Bucky in there, it also seems too right. Sure, Steve will be back someday (and in reference to Uncle Ben, we did have an alternate universe Ben running around 616 for a little while in Friendly Neighboorhood), but they've kept Jean Grey pretty much dead for several years now, so who knows how long it'll be before Steve comes back. (And to add another name to the hat, they've been doing some heavy hinting that it could be ole Hawkeye taking Cap's mantle.

Though I have to take issue with the comment that Cap was killed only for shock value. It's had a pretty big affect across the entire Marvel universe and certainly wasn't something that was hastily done.

To Cyc- Really? You didn't like Iron Spidey? I personally thought it was awesome.

I love this new costume, all the black really makes it much cooler. The only thing I don't like is that he has a gun- I just don't see Cap doing that. But anyways, I think the new Cap might be Bucky (Like someone else said) or Punisher (Doubt it though, don't see honoring Cap's legacy w/a gun). I hoped the new Cap would be Falcon or Luke Cage or Iron Fist but the gun thing really proves it can't be. It would make an excellent 'mate, though!

Well im looking forward to the day that Cap returns. I was never a an over the top Cap' fan by any stretch for a variety of reasons but after reading Civil War .....Cap moved up a few notches in my book ( as did a few other characters).

Having an icon like that killed off speaks more to the death of American morals and virtue than anything else (which they explored).

hi i am new to posting here but have been reading for over a year, and although the new suit aint that bad it works cause it aint steve rogers, the only thing i can say though is i will be pissed if they bring this out before a winter soldier minimate preferably with a red skull :D

I completely agree that if you go with guns, give Cap some GUNS! MAchine Gun, A-K, Rocket Launcher. Anything the army uses or issues, Cap should be able to use.

As for his new design, everything looks great but the legs. It looks like Ross didn't finish the designs. If you are going to be that elaborate with the upper torso, why not bring that consistancy to his lower body? ESPECIALLY if it serves as advance tech / armor.