UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

Dino, I have to say that your posts here about making $400 a month, desperately needing a car, yet still constantly spending money on toys are the only things that make me feel slightly better about my behaviors :D .

Anyway, last night I was checking out eBay (despite the fact that I do not need to be spending money at this time of the month), and I saw something that I could not pass on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Guy told me after I bought it that there was some bubble liftage on the bottom, and a minor crease on the top. Plus, no triple win card. BUT STILL, this is the cheapest carded Flint in any reasonable condition that I've seen (the hanger hole at the top was never even punched out). Been my "grail" since I was, oh I don't know, 7 years old. Yo Joe!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have suffered 'bubble liftage on the bottom' since I was ,oh I don't know,7 years old :lol:

Wow Sam that is a stunning buy ,nice one ;)

I bought this about a month ago & had a hell of a time getting the selller to complete http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT . When it arrived it was a disappointment purely because I had miscalculated it's scale for displaying the obvious :( ....it is however complete & perfect. In the last few days however I noticed this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GHOSTBUSTERS-FIRESTA...id=p3286.c0.m14

..... whilst I concede that the one I have hasn't got the packaging etc. it's one of the best mistakes I've made lately :D

Edited by buttheadsmate

Dino, I have to say that your posts here about making $400 a month, desperately needing a car, yet still constantly spending money on toys are the only things that make me feel slightly better about my behaviors :D .

Anyway, last night I was checking out eBay (despite the fact that I do not need to be spending money at this time of the month), and I saw something that I could not pass on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Guy told me after I bought it that there was some bubble liftage on the bottom, and a minor crease on the top. Plus, no triple win card. BUT STILL, this is the cheapest carded Flint in any reasonable condition that I've seen (the hanger hole at the top was never even punched out). Been my "grail" since I was, oh I don't know, 7 years old. Yo Joe!!

Sam, reading your post on how much you spent on one figure made me feel better about my spending behaviors...

However, congrats to you. I've never really gotten anything I would consider a grail, so I do envy you.

Edited by groundhog7s

That kinda, slightly, almost makes me feel better.

That and The Right Stuff for $3.

And Paris Baroness, Arctic SE, FB SS, Para Viper, D6 Duke and The Doctor for $12.44 (and 2 $10 gift cards)

I think I'm sick... :(

I just bought an Ultimate Avegers DVD Iron Man from someone on another board. I've never really been interested in any of the ones that came with the DVDs, but couldn't pass up the price. It now puts me in the position of should I keep it (which would make me want to get the other two) or do I trade it for something I want more. Any advice?

There is something totally unique about a Minimate that is much the same but 'different'... packed with a DVD you can't really watch without destroying the package . If you take it out of the package you'll spend months trying to convince yourself & others that "it's different" ....it is ...but not 'very'.... :D Then you'll have to find the Cap version which IS different & worth the effort. Then you'll have to find the Hulk version.... & Good Luck on that one :no:

The rational decision is to sell it .......but who's rational here?

If you don't really want it, trade it. Then, you will regret it, and realize that you really wanted to keep it. After this realization, you will spend a great deal of time looking until you find another one, ultimately paying much more for it. HOWEVER, if you don't trade it to begin with, you will probably just stick it in a box, and never learn to appreciate it to begin with. :)

If frequency of eBay listings is any indication, then I guess that Hulk is rarer than gold and silver Spideys. As such, if anyone with these Spideys would like to trade, I will consider it (Hulk for both Spideys only, please).

If you don't really want it, trade it. Then, you will regret it, and realize that you really wanted to keep it. After this realization, you will spend a great deal of time looking until you find another one, ultimately paying much more for it. HOWEVER, if you don't trade it to begin with, you will probably just stick it in a box, and never learn to appreciate it to begin with. :)

Is this your way of getting me to sell it because you sold yours before and regret it now?

Anyway, I can't use the 'you will probably just stick it in a box' mentality for anything considering that's where all my Minimates are. Actually, my whole toy collection consists of about 12-14 large plastic storage containers that have neverbeen displayed.

Is this your way of getting me to sell it because you sold yours before and regret it now?

Well, I did not sell my Hulk, but I have sold/traded a number of other things that I later regretted. Seriously, it was a good lesson for me, teaching me to try and appreciate the things I have just a tad bit more.

Anyway, I can't use the 'you will probably just stick it in a box' mentality for anything considering that's where all my Minimates are. Actually, my whole toy collection consists of about 12-14 large plastic storage containers that have neverbeen displayed.

So not a single piece of your entire toy collection has ever been displayed? :ohmy: Or are you just saying that your plastic storage containers were never displayed?

Edited by karamazov80

Glad to be of help. :D

I've only got a few real "grails" left. One of the next ones I need to pick up is a Mego Teen Titans set. I expect that will run me $700+ easy :ohmy:

Man, they were some of my favorite toys to play with when i was little...how about this for a mego memory...I brought mt green arrow mego to nursery school one day (i must have been about 5 at the time) and i let someone play with him , and he lost his hat... he said it fell into the piano, and i never believed him, i think he took it, lol......that memory has stayed with me forever it seems.

So not a single piece of your entire toy collection has ever been displayed? :ohmy: Or are you just saying that your plastic storage containers were never displayed?

Neither. They're all in storage. I even had this great design for how all the containers would be stacked into this pyramid design that spread around in a semi-circle, but I couldn't get the shelving to work out right. I've really wondered if I shouldn't just sell all my containers (since they just sit there doing nothing). Even my bi-colored Christmas variant container.

Okay, so this print ended a few days ago for $103.50. I was honestly shocked, but I saw one got a while back for about $75 and it was unframed. I didn't get to make it to the Dallas Comic Con, so I missed out on J. Scott Campbell's Black Cat print this year, which I really wanted to. No biggie, they're going for round about $25 on ebay. Then I find these beauties. And win. Both prints. $34. I am so happy. :D

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

This week i was blessed with a little bundle of joy . . .

Awesome!!! - so i this isn't all one haul, but about 3 separate lots that i have accumulated this past month.

Big Thanx to a certain board member for helping an Ozzie out with the SDCC exclusives which got here yesterday & another board member who helped me out when an auction refused to ship internationally.

And - elektra was only 99c! i was quite chuffed to find her at all in oz, let alone so cheap :wub:

post-2737-1251206275_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nessex

Sideshow Collectibles sent me something pretty freakin' awesome yesterday as a prize from another toy forum. Thanks, Sideshow!

DSCN1619.jpg

DSCN1620.jpg

This guy has been more fun to play around with than I expected.

OK, calm down, this isn't anything that special, BUT: you have to keep in mind that I'm from no-minimate-land and just moved to minimate-land and that I checked two LCSs for Deadpool, just to realize that I won't to get my fingers on that little bugger anytime soon.

Now, against the background of that scenario I am gladly to announce my first haul: I did get me a Deadpool / Wolvie 2pack and a FA Sabertooth / Skrull 2 pack each for 7.99$, but since there was a sale, I got 30% off that prize!

Ladies and Gentlemen: Woohoo!

:D

Wow, I am genuinely ecstatic for ya Nessex :woot:

That is one beautiful, beautiful haul. Many congrats!

Thanx Guv - it's nice to have somewhere to flaunt ones new goodies - since my housemate & me ex don't really 'get it'.