UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battlestar Galactica Discussion

neolego

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up Season 3 today!! I don't have cable so I've had to follow the show exclusively on DVD. I was SHOCKED at the One Year Later finale of Season 2 and CANNOT wait to start watching again tonight. One of the better shows I've ever followed, so the longer it goes the happier I'll be :). neo

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd get this discussion going again with Season 4 starting tonight.

As a lead in to the new season, there were 2 BSG specials last week... did anyone see them?

The first was a synopsis of the plot, crew and just a general discussion for those who have missed out.... I found one thing that was said very interesting. They suggest that the Six that Baltar sees and communicates with is a result of some type of psychological break that resulted from his unknowing participation in the Cylon attack. I've always thought that it was a little more.... any thoughts?

The second special was more about celebrities that have started to follow BSG and their impressions of the show.

Does BSG modern start with series one, or is there a pilot movie thing that came before? Cos I want to get into it, but I'm not entirely certain where to start.

Does BSG modern start with series one, or is there a pilot movie thing that came before? Cos I want to get into it, but I'm not entirely certain where to start.

it starts with a mini series (from 2001 I think) and then picks up in season one, 2, 2.5, razor and then season 3 all of it is time well spent!

Wait, what's 2.5? How many episodes are there per series?

I can see that this is gonna be expensive, though very worth it.

Wait, what's 2.5? How many episodes are there per series?

I can see that this is gonna be expensive, though very worth it.

Season 2 was released in 2 parts on DVD, with each part containing 10 episodes. It's strange that each "part" costs about the same (maybe slightly less) than the entire Seasons 1, which had 13 episodes plus the mini-series movie, and 3, which has 20 episodes.

The Complete Series including Mini-Series are available in a region 2 box-set.

Whoops, I'm realizing now that I was being U.S.-centric. My earlier response may have no bearing on how these things were released outside the U.S.

Whoops, I'm realizing now that I was being U.S.-centric. My earlier response may have no bearing on how these things were released outside the U.S.

Just to double whammy you.... My US box set had the miniseries in it too ;)

(sorry but couldn't resist!)

T.

I'm pretty sure things happened much the same way here as there ,or the same way there as here or...wherever :blink: What I am sure is that you can get the whole thing here in one box-set http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just to double whammy you.... My US box set had the miniseries in it too ;)

(sorry but couldn't resist!)

T.

I believe the UK Region 2 box set has the digitally enhanced , final director's cut mini-series & Series 4. This includes previously unseen footage & is packaged with a Limited Edition hologrammed collector's tin . Only 125,000 of these were ever produced! Series 4 as you know was never shown in the US & included the controversial 'cross-dressing' episode ...............'Cylons in Nylons' :no:

I believe the UK Region 2 box set has the digitally enhanced , final director's cut mini-series & Series 4. This includes previously unseen footage & is packaged with a Limited Edition hologrammed collector's tin . Only 125,000 of these were ever produced! Series 4 as you know was never shown in the US & included the controversial 'cross-dressing' episode ...............'Cylons in Nylons' :no:

yeah and the last episode of the series was a classic, they get to earth only to land in the US & find it taken over by starbucks!! :blink:

proving that the cylon god...... was coffee all along

I have been trying to catch up on BSG, and am currently watching season 3 (btw, spoiler warnings would be nice around here :) ), and last night, I saw "Dirty Hands." This is a consistently good show, even very good at times, but this particular episode is great, and is hands down my favorite so far. At the end, I felt that it was a very rewarding experience.

I also think Chief has replaced Starbuck as my favorite character. Anyway, just wanted to mention this.

Be Warned! There be Spoilers Here!

Exodus Pts 1 & 2 are my favorites from the 3rd Season. Though I like all the character development, the added action and

battle

, while escaping New Caprica was intense.

I think the climax of the episode,

the Galactica jumping into the atmosphere, freefall while launching fighters and then jumping out again just above the surface

was a great twist that no one saw coming.

Unfinished Business was also a pretty good way of covering the time that was spent on New Caprica and Baltar's trial in the Crossroads episodes was also very well done.

Yeah, forget I said anything about spoilers. It's admittedly pretty stupid to be reading discussions about BSG if you haven't caught up yet :P Discussions are necessarily going to include things that will "spoil" anyone that doesn't know what's what.

Yeah, forget I said anything about spoilers. It's admittedly pretty stupid to be reading discussions about BSG if you haven't caught up yet :P Discussions are necessarily going to include things that will "spoil" anyone that doesn't know what's what.

It's odd but I think to keep things sane 'spoilers' should be for the current season. If you are further back than that then I'd say try to catchup... otherwise any discussion on a series becomes a mess.

I'd like to say there are a bunch of things I wanted to reply to KMZ80 but havent because I know you are playing catchup... all I will say is there is some great viewing ahead...

T.

p.s. captain Cbecker is right the moment he spoilered is great , not so much for surprise as much as visual impact ....

Also

blowing Cally out the airlock was a complete surprise

... the intensity is building fast.

That made me so angry! :angry:

It kind of made me laugh, but only because

how unlucky do you have to be to get blown out of an airlock TWICE?! Then I was sad that Cally was a space-popsicle.

Also, I can't even begin to guess how they're going to explain

Starbuck's return in her shiny new ship. There's no way she's the last cylon, but if not then "huh?"

Love this show!

Also

blowing Cally out the airlock was a complete surprise

... the intensity is building fast.

That made me so angry! :angry:

Than you sir were alone

my wife and I have wanted Cally gone for quite some time and loved that they didn't cope out and not kill her. The only time the character was interesting was when she popped a few caps into Boomer. On a seperate note, does this season seem to be dragging a bit and a little all over the place? I don't find myself as excited about this season compared to the past seasons for some reason/