UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battlestar Galactica Discussion

neolego

Having never seen an episode of BSG I regularly avoid this thread,not for any other reason than I decided ages ago to buy the 'Complete Box Set' & then watch it in its entirety. I ,of course, wanted to avoid 'spoiling'. Yesterday I received the Complete Box Set in the post & last night we watched the first disc which is the Mini-Series. We didn't really know what to expect but obviously I knew it was going to be good purely because I've never heard a negative about it. Well ,we watched the whole 3 hours & it was stunning, bloody excellent! Now we're looking forward to watching the remaining 52 episodes of Season 1-3 which I can assure you won't take too long. The weird thing about watching BSG is seeing the real characters for the first time & relating them to the Minimates rather than the other way around.To elaborate I have obviously seen all the BSG 'Mates but apart from one or two characters in the series I hadn't a clue....it is really spooky.

Edited by buttheadsmate

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having never seen an episode of BSG I regularly avoid this thread,not for any other reason than I decided ages ago to buy the 'Complete Box Set' & then watch it in its entirety. I ,of course, wanted to avoid 'spoiling'. Yesterday I received the Complete Box Set in the post & last night we watched the first disc which is the Mini-Series. We didn't really know what to expect but obviously I knew it was going to be good purely because I've never heard a negative about it. Well ,we watched the whole 3 hours & it was stunning, bloody excellent! Now we're looking forward to watching the remaining 52 episodes of Season 1-3 which I can assure you won't take too long. The wierd thing about watching BSG is seeing the real characters for the first time & relating them to the Minimates rather than the other way around.To elaborate I have obviously seen all the BSG 'Mates but apart from one or two characters in the series I hadn't a clue....it is really spooky.

I had seen all the mates before I started watching too. After watching the mini-series I spend about £50 on the first few waves of BSG mates. I've now seen up to the end of Series 2, and am on the lookout for 3. It is an awesome show, and it only gets better as it goes along.

I bought wave one BSG minimates before I had seen an episode and I was hooked from the first disc of season one and then got my wife hooked to the point where we are on our third time watching the series on DVD on disc 2 of season 3 we love this show it is the most frakkin awesome show!

Edited by gambitron

Just finished Season One ;) I'm going to start reading this thread from the beginning & would like to know where to stop before I spoil Season 2.....anybody help? Thanks.

I just skimmed the thread and it's mostly spoiler free

except the bits in spoiler tags

So you should be good, I don't think any major spoilers/bombs are dropped openly.

T.

Ok, where does Razor fit in? Was it released between season 3 and 4 or 2 and 3? I've seen up to the end of season 2 and I'm not sure if I should watch Razor now, or after Season 3. Any help?

Also when will Season 4 be out on DVD in UK? I didn't want to google BSG Season 4 because of spoilers. Thanks.

Ok, where does Razor fit in? Was it released between season 3 and 4 or 2 and 3? I've seen up to the end of season 2 and I'm not sure if I should watch Razor now, or after Season 3. Any help?

Also when will Season 4 be out on DVD in UK? I didn't want to google BSG Season 4 because of spoilers. Thanks.

if i remeber right razor aired after season 3 but it really does stand on its own

I think you are going to have a long wait for season four it hasnt finished airing yet. part 2 of season 4 airs next year

Razor aired last fall (November??) at the end of Season 3, to bridge the long gap before season 4 started.

The events portrayed follow the Pegasus & crew from before the Miniseries events and continue through the end of Season 2 including

encountering Galactica and Lee Adama's appointment as Commander

No ideas on Season 4 DVD's - Amazon has the listing, but no date yet. Hopefully they don't split the set like Season 2 - which just makes them more expensive.

Damn. That's ages away. I'm rewatching Season 1 right now, then I'll be rewatching Season 2, then I have Season 3 ready to be watched, then I have Razor to look forward to. That should take me up to new year, if it's out by then.

• 3 weeks later...
Having never seen an episode of BSG I regularly avoid this thread,not for any other reason than I decided ages ago to buy the 'Complete Box Set' & then watch it in its entirety. I ,of course, wanted to avoid 'spoiling'. Yesterday I received the Complete Box Set in the post & last night we watched the first disc which is the Mini-Series. We didn't really know what to expect but obviously I knew it was going to be good purely because I've never heard a negative about it. Well ,we watched the whole 3 hours & it was stunning, bloody excellent! Now we're looking forward to watching the remaining 52 episodes of Season 1-3 which I can assure you won't take too long. The weird thing about watching BSG is seeing the real characters for the first time & relating them to the Minimates rather than the other way around.To elaborate I have obviously seen all the BSG 'Mates but apart from one or two characters in the series I hadn't a clue....it is really spooky.

We are watching the last 4 episodes of Season 3 over the next couple of nights & I've just Pre-ordered Season 4 off of ebay. This is the first 10 episodes of Season 4 + Razor & is released early October ...... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=370086567506

Needless to say I'm enjoying it. Forgive me for repeating anything that may have been said by someone else but I try not to 'study' this thread. ;)

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'm watching the finale of Season 3 tonight. £30 for just 10 episodes of season 4? I can't afford that! I've spent like £42 on Miniseries-Season 3. This seems like a bit too much for me right now, (though its a fair price).

I may have to hang on for a while before buying this.

When mine arrives Dan ,I'll watch it & send it on for you to watch ;) You can send it back & I'll shove it quickly back up on ebay. OK :biggrin:

That would be fantastic! You da man!

Well, looks like we are gonna see the unproduced story arches of New Caprica:

http://anime.ign.com/articles/886/886425p1.html

Manga though? really?

Ugh, tokyopop. don't get me wrong. I love manga, anime, and BSG and thin kthe pairing would be interesting (if Tricia Helfer LOOKS like Tricia Helfer!) but Tokyopop?! come on; they made Spongebob "manga!!"

i'd have loved to see Shonen Jump Advanced take the title, although their manga isn't really "pop" culture, but i've seen tokyopop ruin things far too many times.

Still readin' it though :P

Well, Tokyopop did do the Star Trek Manga (if anybody here reads it, please share how it is). I am with you though, I would rather have seen VIZ media do it, but Tokyopop does a lot more of the American licenses (Trek, WOW, Avatar, Spongebob, etc). Also, I agree with you about Six looking like Six. No big manga boobs please!

We are watching the last 4 episodes of Season 3 over the next couple of nights & I've just Pre-ordered Season 4 off of ebay. This is the first 10 episodes of Season 4 + Razor & is released early October ...... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=370086567506

Needless to say I'm enjoying it. Forgive me for repeating anything that may have been said by someone else but I try not to 'study' this thread. ;)

Finished watching Seasons Mini thru 1-3 tonight.

I'd like to thank everybody for not 'spoiling' my enjoyment of being able to watch the entire series without knowing what was coming. A stunning series which I'd happily watch again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow. Life sized. That is awesome.

I'm sure I left my spare $8000 in my other jeans . . .