UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battlestar Galactica Discussion

neolego

I scouted the board and noticed several topics from DVDs to Playboy and thought it would be nice to have one general thread for all things Galactica.

There is really only one rule, that shouldn't need mentioning. That is, if you are going to spoil something, tag it. If you do not know how, ask someone, it's very simple.

I am actually a new comer to the series. Having never watched before, I've purchases Season 1, 2, and 2.5 on DVD. right now I'm almost finished with Season 1 and I have to say that I'm completely hooked. However, there is a HUGE issue that I'm having with the last few episodes that I've watched, hence the need to start a topic. Here goes:

My issue starts with "Flesh and Bone". Here, Boomer comes to Baltar and asks to be testest, to prove that she is NOT a cylon. Baltar accepts the offer and runs the test. A few minutes later Batlar sees that the screen is RED meaning that Boomer is, in fact, a cylon. He then lies to Boomer and sends her on her way.

Then, fast forward to the VERY NEXT EPISODE, "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" and we are introduced to Helen. Here the whole story revolves around whether Helen or Adama are cylons. Baltar says it take like 11 hours (can't remember exactly how long) but a long time.

My issue with the whole thing, is how does it go from almost instant in Flesh and Bone to an 11 hour process in Tigh Me Up? That just doesn't make sense to me.......anyone care to explain?

Well, here is it. If anyone would like to answer my question or ask another question or just comment on the subject matter please feel free. This can be our official one-stop Galactica shop. neo

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I can see that. But after watching Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down, he really seemed depressed about how long it would take. So, that makes me believe he isn't lying, which leads to there being a big contradiction. neo

Wow, I really thought this thread would be a lot more popular, guess there aren't as many fans as I thought.

I finished season 1 last night and all I can say is: "Whoa" I completely LOVE this show. It is what they claim, a Drama set in space. There is Religion, Politics, Romance, and Action. It's great. I still have one HUGE issue (mentioned above) with season 1 and I'm still hoping that someone can explain that to me. In the meantime though, everything else exceeds that one minor issue. There is no way season 2 gets better........is there? :) neo

Wow, I really thought this thread would be a lot more popular, guess there aren't as many fans as I thought.

I finished season 1 last night and all I can say is: "Whoa" I completely LOVE this show. It is what they claim, a Drama set in space. There is Religion, Politics, Romance, and Action. It's great. I still have one HUGE issue (mentioned above) with season 1 and I'm still hoping that someone can explain that to me. In the meantime though, everything else exceeds that one minor issue. There is no way season 2 gets better........is there? :) neo

Season Two is awesome...

There are a lot of fans out ther but we're all in hibernation mode while we wait for the TV movie and season 4 ;)

T.

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of picking Season One of this up, being the Sci-fi geek that I am. I can get it for about £15. Worth it?

I am thinking of picking Season One of this up, being the Sci-fi geek that I am. I can get it for about £15. Worth it?

without a doubt. i tried to watch the miniseries when it was first shown on NBC (i think), but could not get into it. Then when i was living on my own i caught some episodes of season two and got hooked. To be perfectly honest, it is more of a drama with a hint of sci-fi. As the series went on, the action dies down, but all the character interaction is what makes it so good. I say go for it.

On a side note, is anybody else buying the Margaret Weis Productions Role Playing Game?

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the role playing game core rule book today. sweet stuff. Yeah, I am a little hardcore for BSG.

For those Canadian members, toys r us canada has series one of the action figures on order :thumbsup: I can't mention price or anything like that, but i will post when they ship.

Also, the season three soundtrack is scheduled for October 23. here is keeping my fingures crossed for a dvd release around the same time.

While generally speaking when it comes to Sci-Fi series im more of a Star Trek: The Next Generation type, BSG has me hooked. I have all 3 seasons myself and remember FLYING through the 1st & 2nd season at break neck speed.

The show was that good.

The statement about the show being more of a drama with a hint of sci fi is dead on. The character interaction is the foundation of the show..not the Cylons or action scenes. While it isnt as , hmm, intellectual as The Next Generation was at times its still damn captivating.

While Baltar is obviously a character that grabs the attention lol im really ...underwhelmed ..by the Admirals son. Its almost as if they didnt want to build the character up to be the Alpha Male but at the same time they give small hints of his character fully coming into being. It annoys the crap out of me. He could be so much more than he is but i suppose that might force the phasing out of the Admiral and of Starbuck (who also annoys me).

Well I have to say that I have been hooked on BSG since I picked up the wave one minimates I thought they were cool so I got them and then a whole butload of titanium ships,and so my interest in watching the shows were piqued and within 3 weeks I was caught up on seasons 1-3 and I can't wait for Razor. I even have Season 1 opening credits as my ringtone. THis show is all that is good about tv shows it has action, drama, humor and awesome sci-fi stuff. I love Baltar he is my favorite character on the show (which has caused some arguments with my brothers) he is such an intriguing character. Anyhoo what a great show I wish I would have got into it sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

love this show I think the time discrepancey you were talking about is just an editing misunderstandment Boomer goes and comes back after a undetermined amount of time passes to a point where Baltar is almost done doing the test as I remeber that scene

• 1 month later...
To bring this post back. Battlestar Galactica Razor was fantastic!!!!!!!

Box set, box set, box set!!!.........

I thought Razor was great - some intense character development.

A box set would be wonderful - I'd like to see Lt. Shaw, Fisk, A classic chrome cyclon, BD/prisoner Gina or Tech Contractor Gina and a Colonial Marine

I think the box set should have:

Husker (young Adama), Kendra Shaw, Jurgen Belzen, Helena Cain (new hair mold) and a chrome Cylon.

I think that a show with a finite cast, no matter what way you look at it, should never have random human character like marines and deck crew for minimates. Everybody has a name. Just my opinion and I know so many are going to disagree.

In other BSG news, the 26th of December sees the release of Galactica 1980 on DVD?!?!?!?!

I also hear that the DVD release of season three is going to be April along with the start of season four. I hear this is so to get good sales from Razor and I assume Galactica 1980 as well. At least I got a little hit with Razor, I will be jonzin real soon for more though :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recently heard that because of the writers strike and due to the lack of scripts, Universal has talked to SciFi about re-interest in the prequel to Battlestar Galactica, Caprica. This is very good news to hear. The possible production of this show will mean life after season four and hopefully more BSG minimates once they cover all the characters from the modern and classic series.

And on the toy front. for those Canadian members, BSG series one action figures will be shipping to some stores within the week or two. FYE has also got an exclusive Anders figure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...