UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUESTION for Fujis: Eventually, when all monsters are assigned to their customizers can those of us who want to, make our second or third choices we submitted to you (if no one has them as their primary assignment)?

NOTE: I'm surprized no one went after Frankenstein's monster. I thought for sure he'd have been at the top of somebody's pick list. I hope somebody scoops him up. Can't see this project go to fruition with out Frankie in it.

Yes, once the rough list is complete we can totally shuffle characters around, make changes, etc. At the end of the day you should ultimately be happy with what you get to make. And no there's no Frankenstein's monster yet and the werewolf is available now as well as hyejinx will be focusing his efforts on the "trading cards".

Speaking of which, hyejinx & Shamrock: everything looks amazing so far! I think there should be something in the "Monstermates for Blood" stating that it's for charity. Maybe a line like, "supporting America's Blood Center" or something like that. Or maybe something less specific like "Customs for Charity"...

Making it with photoshop, which just became really difficult since for whatever reason a lot of my filters simply aren't working anymore, says there's a disk error everytime I try... that's going to make everything copmlicated, I may have to reinstall photoshop...

Might I make a suggestion then?

If these are going to be printed, be sure to make them at a high resolution, PM me if you have any questions

And Fujis, I'll se where I can fit that in

EDIT: Edited one is up now

I think the "Monstermates for Blood" should stay in the middle with the "Customs for Charity" being underneath on the bottom of the headstone and in a smaller font - but I'm still liking it. Oh, and can the zombie have some blood on his lips? And maybe he should be saying, "Do...nate..."

And as for a deadline, should we say that these customs need to be finished and mailed to me no later than August 6th? That should give people plenty of time to work on them and get over their SDCC hangovers, right Tim? ;)

how do you guys feel about a van helsing type of charater. with all theses monster running around dont you think a monster hunter would be cool. also anyone have any info on the "grendel" i couldnt find much on google but it seems like a cool monster.

Hey guys,

I'm Fujis' "friend who isnt a member yet" ^^ He also posted my Sailor Moon custom I made a few weeks ago,

thanks for the comments for those who left some!

Anyway, I think I'm going to make an Oni, which is a Japanese monster (like an ogre or troll).

And as for a deadline, should we say that these customs need to be finished and mailed to me no later than August 6th? That should give people plenty of time to work on them and get over their SDCC hangovers, right Tim? ;)

Don't ask me I'm only drinking Blood til the contest is done ;)

Aug 6th should give us time to work on our movie poster mates and then deal with SDDC and then the monster customs... ( I hope! )

T.

how do you guys feel about a van helsing type of charater. with all theses monster running around dont you think a monster hunter would be cool. also anyone have any info on the "grendel" i could find much on google but it seems like a cool monster.

In keeping with the theme I think a monster hunter who also happens to be a monster would be cool. So, you're not making the chupacabra then? What the heck is a chupacabra anyway?!

is this only trading cards or mates and trading cards?

cause either one, id be up for it

id choose Sun Wukong/Son Goku the monkey king, a Kappa some kind of japanes water monkey frog or a Goron from the zelda game

but id go with one of the first 2 but what do u guys think?

If you read the thread Aapje (I know it's long) all your questions will be answered. But the short of it is customizers are creating customs which will be sold on eBay to support America's Blood Centers and the MMMV. Hyejinx is making custom "trading cards" for each custom.

If you want to make a custom they can't be licensed characters so Goron would be out. Mythical creatures are fine though.

how do you guys feel about a van helsing type of charater. with all theses monster running around dont you think a monster hunter would be cool. also anyone have any info on the "grendel" i could find much on google but it seems like a cool monster.

In keeping with the theme I think a monster hunter who also happens to be a monster would be cool. So, you're not making the chupacabra then? What the heck is a chupacabra anyway?!

a chupacabra is a spanish foke taill of a small jackel like creature with big eyes and spikes on it's back that sucks the blood of goats, aka " goat sucker". and if it's ok, than i'll do our monster hunter, instead.

and thanks jcastick for the info on grendel.

Great, I'll add you to the list!

So, again, just to recap for those involved (or who are still deciding, or just found this thread, etc.)

Charitymates: Monsters for Blood is a project where customizers will make customs based on classic monsters & mythical creatures. The customs must be finished and mailed to me no later than August 6th, 2007 at which time I will photograph them and list them on eBay (most likely in pairs) with 75% of the proceeds going to America's Blood Centers and 25% going toward the operating costs of the MMMV.

Currently we have 19 customizers and here is the list of who's making what so far:

• *Shamrock = mummy

*Deadpool = Headless Horseman (maybe)

*Luke314pi - Minotaur

*TBT! = Skeleton

*Nervous = vampire

*thepunisher=D = invisible guy

*MINI-MYTE = zombie (not a hooker?!)

*jcastick = cyclops

*boyd = mad scientist

*Fujis = executioner

*newaddict = phantom/ghost

*Jatte Pake = Big Foot (2.5")

*skullbuster = monster hunter (also a monster?)

*The Crippler = gargoyle

*Kiyohime = Oni (Japanese folklore) (2.5")

*antacost = Frankenstein's monster (2.5")

*Aapje = Kappa

*Lobsterman = Yeti (2.5")

With only Cloneme left to decide...

Hyejinx will be making "trading cards" to go along with each custom so PM him with your ideas regarding your characters pose, background, and anything else that will help him get started. Shamrock is creating our poster/logo and it's looking great so far.

I have yet to hear from America's Blood Centers, eBay, or DST but I'll let you know when I do. Thank you to everyone who helped hammer out the details of the project and thanks to everyone that's so graciously offered their help. Now get to work! ;)