UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

first minimate you ever got

i hadnt heard of them and then one sweet day my friend was like look at these and pulled some out like a dope dealer and it was love at first sight, then in that same dealer way he was like here you can have my hulk being hes my fav of all time, they always give you the first hit of crack free, many moons later im broke and my wife doesnt ask me what i want for bday/christmas anymore.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to leave it at that until I discovered Danny's Minimates Central. I blame him for the hundreds of dollars I've spent ever since.

hehehe, I'm sorry :)

I'm gonna see if y'all can guess what my first Minimate was. It shouldn't be too hard to find out.

My first set was the Indymates set. I'd loved the Witchblade TV series (the live-action one, this was before the cartoon) and read some Darkness, and thought the pack looked really good.

I didn't buy any others until I heard about the new DC mates in Spring last year, at which point I started buying up C3 stuff. Can't remember which of those I got first.

Jo

I was going to leave it at that until I discovered Danny's Minimates Central. I blame him for the hundreds of dollars I've spent ever since.

yup, i blame Danny and Minimate Central as well...

I had seen the Daredevil figures, thinking they were some cutesy movie-tie-in... then Spider-man i thought was okay... X-men, feh... but when Dr. Doom and the Thing came out i thought... well, i DO really dig Dr. Doom, and the Fantastic Four are among my favorite comics ever... sooo surrre why not.

i had them sitting on my desktop and my productivity got worse by the day... the next week when i went into my LCS, i saw they had the Grey Hulk and Ult. Spider-man con-exclusives for a reasonable price, so i snagged'em. (apparently having exactly four figures on my desk at this point, inspired any and all who walked by and saw them to play with and re-pose them... but my favorite was coming back from lunch, and finding Hulk, Doom, Spidey and Grim... clearly doing the Y.M.C.A.)

i probably would have been okay with just those... until a idle google search brought me to Minimate Central... and... the lists... :mellow:

*shakes little plastic fist* damn you Danny... i don't even LIKE the x-men!! look what you've done! :lol:

I picked up an Orc Scout/Grishnak LOTR set from TK Maxx for about £2 a few months back as my first set. The next week I spent about £20 on eBay buying the X-Men 4-pack and a few loose minimates. A couple of months and about £80 later I have a fine collection of plastic crack.

My first is actually six. I got Doom, Iron Man, Susan, Thing, Spidey and Wolvie all at once. Then some more. and more. and more. and I too blame Danny. AA and DST should pay you.

Personally, I assign a lot of the blame to Lurch and his lists.

If he hadn't shown me what was available, I would never have spent so much money.

Jo

My First "minimates" where, Iron man & Doctor Doom, captain America & Rhino.

I still have my Iron man, But I got new pack after that so I made the new Iron man, "Iron man" and the old one "Iron" fan. To this day Iron fan Is a little beat up guy. Over the years he got all scratched up, I guess you could say he looks like he got into a fight with a "huge laser". :P But he will always be my favorite minimate. :biggrin:

...:::Halo11701:::...

The first minimate I ever wanted was the Tower exclusive Silver Surfer.

But the first ones I ever bought were the TRU Spider-Man four-pack. Then I bought the other four-packs and then bought them again at the comic shops as the two-packs.

First was Black Costume Spidey, which murdered my "block figures... ugh.... look how ugly there are" feelings in their sleep.

Of course technically I didn't buy another mate until Series 6...

My first pack was standard Spider-Man and Green Goblin. I saw them at a Wal-Mart one day and thought these things were the bee's knees! I didn't actually pick it up at the time, and when I went back, it was gone, never to be seen in said Wal-Mart again. A month or so later was Christmas, an lo and behold I got the 2-pack in my stocking.

"And now you know the rest of the story..."

First for me was Mr T. which my buddy Eagle gave to me, knowing I liked to mess around with Lego dudes, lol. He worked at GameStop at the time, and was allowed to snag the leftovers they had. The first mate I bought was Colossus, from ebay, while I was looking if anyone was seling a custom lego colossus(right as I was starting to do customs of my own). So I got him, and couldn't put him down, then immediately went searching for any minimates I could find.....the rest is history, I am an addict

I was visiting my mum down on the south coast of England and found a little toy shop that had two of the 4 packs (the rerelease packs) 1 containing New x men Jean, New x men wolvie, magneto and prof X, the other had Iron Man, Hulk, Spidey (i forget which one) and classic Wolvie. I debated for ages about which pack to get so bought both. Came home, tapped minimates into the pc and found minimates central - and there it began!!

I am horrified to realize I can't remember our first foray into all things minimate...I think it may have been something c3...but anyway, after the first one, it didn't take much!

Interestingly enough, it was minimates that first got my son to finally talk, which may seem like no big deal...until you realize he was almost 5 at the time...of course, you couldn't understand the difference between "Superman" and "Spiderman" at first, but I give a lot of credit to my little 2" friends!!! :banana:

Anyway, after the first ones we stumbled on, I couldn't get enough of them...I have the same problem some of you have, in reverse...hubby thinks "our" hobby (mine & my son's) is getting a little out of hand...but they're just so darn cute...("cute"...hmm...too girly?? Get over it.) :angry:

I started buying these for my older brother (a pack rat), for this past Christmas. I went to the Target by my house and copped Blade 2 pack and Super Skrull 2 pack for him. At the opening ceremony, I received a Spider Man goblin 2 pack and it was on and poppin' from there. Since this Christmas (5-6 months) I have amassed 274 minimates! It became a full blown sickness. My girlfriend hates them, I am spending all kinds of money on them, and I find myself traveling from toystore to CBS, to Targets all over the South and MidWest. I have amassed almost all old 3"inchers, almost all old Marvel, all DC, all LOTR, all BSG, all SR, all SF2. I am only lacking a few c3 sets as well. Not to mention my exclusives, variants, double 2 packs I can't stop buying, and my custom jobs.

I am sick... and the worst part is I have plenty of money to spend, so this could go on forever.

Minimates anonymous member

Will Work 4 Mates

The first set I got was the Hulk, Bruce Banner, DareDevil, and Electra 4 pack. Pretty sure pulled out Hulk first, then promptly made Office Worker Hulk after getting Banner out.

Well, it all started at Toys R Us one day. I had seen Minimates many times before at said TRU, and I thought they were lego knockoffs. Then I decided to just get the Spider Man Pack. I loved these things. My immediate reaction was "screw lego." Unfortunately for my collection, I was unaware of "Star Trek" Three Inchers, and the only Trek mini that I had seen was at a Big Lots and it was McCoy. That was before I became a Trek fan. Now McCoy is my favorite character, and these mates have eluded me ever since<sob>. anyway, my first actual two pack was DD Kingpin because I needed Kingpin. Now it has escaladed into a collection so large I have no idea what I have. But I can honestly say this: I don't buy minimates just because they're minimates. I buy only the things that interest me. Hence:No BSG.

The End :)

My first was the three-inch Bruce Lee in the yellow jump suit. I opened him immediately after leaving the store and fell in love. Then I discovered they were making marvel minimates! At comic con I bought all of wave 1 and those exclusives. That was an awesome summer waiting for Spiderman and x-men! I remember riding my bike after summer school to the comic book store and getting wave 2 and 3. aw the memories.

my first minimates were batman and joker c3.i was at toys r us and i was in a rush and grabbed the next lego toys i saw.i didnt even know what the hell minimates were i just thought they were new legos,so i got em.

[

oh yeah i also blame danny.ive spent about 2-3

hundred bucks