UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic Book Talk

Anyone getting the Planet Hulk hardcover???

I was going to, but I can't fit hardcovers on my Marvel shelf. The sehlves that can fit hardcovers are taken up by DC and Vertigo stuff.

Now there's a lame excuse for you :)

Jo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I've missed this thread up until now. <_<

Anyone getting the Planet Hulk hardcover???

I did. Well worth the cost. I've been trying to find a jumping on point and the HC seemed like a perfect fit for me. I also picked up the Ghost Rider, Iron Man and Heroes for Hire. My suggestion is to avoid the tie in issues at all cost unless you are REALLY into this story. Ghost Rider and IM were retellings of the same story I've read in WW Hulk, but from other characters perspective. Heroes for Hire was incredibly lame.

About the only stuff I buy anymore is WW Hulk, Conan and Grendel. The HC Devil by the Deed came out about a month ago and recently the HC reprinting the first few issues of Grendel was released. If you're like me and like the character but don't want to take your original copies out to read - or if you missed either of them the first time around and want the back story, don't pass these up! Grab them while they're available.

As far as digital comics, it could be the one thing that saves the industry. But I'll save that for another post, since this one is rambling wildly already...

• 4 weeks later...

I've been following World War Hulk. Anyone else?

Hulk has smashed his way through almost every super-being on Earth. So far, only two beings seem to be able to stop him. See spoiler hider below. Do you think anyone else can stop Hulk and his Warband?

Ghost Rider without human host might be able to beat the Hulk, but won't because the Hulk is not guilty of anything.

Sentry may be able to calm Hulk down, but can he beat him? I don't think so.

Here is a list of people who are ultra-powerful, but would be stomped by Hulk (in my opinion).

General Ross and the Army - C'mon. Never gonna beat Hulk.

Thor - Not even Thor could stop his rage. I don't think the fight would happen with Thor this fresh in the universe again. Hulk too angry and Thor not angry enough.

Professor X - Regardless of his voting, I don't think his mind could handle the awesome rage of the Hulk.

Magneto - No chance.

Silver Surfer - We saw what happened to the zombie version. It would be a good fight though.

Wolverine - He will just keep getting batted into another state.

Fun team-up: SHIELD turns to the Leader, Abomination, Absorbing Man, Armadillo, Gremlin, and a laundry list of Hulk villians to take Hulk out. Hulk smash them all!

Here is my list of beings who could stop Hulk and company at this point.

Betty Ross - I'm not caught up on my back issues. Where is she? A couple years ago it was revealed she was agent Mr. Blue. What happened?

Power Pack - I just don't think even the Hulk could smash these kids.

Who else has Hulk taken out?

The only one I knew for sure was Black Bolt...

The list of victims thus far:

Iron-Man: Donning super Hulk-Buster armor and special power- robbing bullets, Iron-Man challenged Hulk. Hulk smashed him hard! He then used Iron-Man's body to smash down the Avenger's tower.

X-Men: He knocked Wolverine into the next state and snapped Colossus's arms like twigs. Juggernaught got the beat down and Cyclops unleashed a full optic blast into Hulk's face. Hulk shook off the blow nearly crushed Cyclops head like a grape until Kitty saved him at the last second.

New and Mighty Avengers: He gave them all a complete beat-down and dragged their broken bodies through the streets. Dr. Strange was smashed. She-Hulk was beaten into the ground along with Doc Samson. Spider-Man and a bunch of others were felled by a Hulk hand clap (if I remember correctly).

Fantastic Four: Reed's mind games didn't last long. Storm, Sue and Johnny tried to "nuke" Hulk, but he smashed them. Thing got the beat down after that. I'm not sure if Black Panther fought him yet or not.

Ghost Rider: Johnny Blaze was beaten out of Ghost Rider, and the remaining spirit power would not fight Hulk.

I'm probably forgetting some ...

<gripe, with apologies to Shanester>

Okay, I like Hulk as much as the next guy, but it's starting to bug me a little that they're building up Hulk as utterly invulnerable to any force anyone could possibly ever conceive of, ever.

Dr. Strange got his ass beat? Couldn't he, like, sorcerize Hulk or something? 'Cause he's, you know, the Sorcerer Supreme of our dimension.

I suppose Hulk puts Galactus in a headlock and gives Eternity a bloody nose next issue?

</gripe>

<gripe, with apologies to Shanester>

Okay, I like Hulk as much as the next guy, but it's starting to bug me a little that they're building up Hulk as utterly invulnerable to any force anyone could possibly ever conceive of, ever.

Dr. Strange got his ass beat? Couldn't he, like, sorcerize Hulk or something? 'Cause he's, you know, the Sorcerer Supreme of our dimension.

I suppose Hulk puts Galactus in a headlock and gives Eternity a bloody nose next issue?

</gripe>

Doctor Strange tried to

enter Hulk's mind with an incantation. The backlash from Hulk's rage KO'ed him.

I agree it's hookey but I guess believable since Hulk's mind is typically seen as his weakness. The fact that his mind is a lot stronger now seems to be taking the Marvel heroes by surprise.

It wouldn't bother me as much if they had turned that assumed mental weakness against everyone – use his Bruce Banner brains to outsmart and attack each hero's weakness a la Batman. But this is just "hit me with your best shot; nope, sorry, not strong enough."

I guess there's a visceral and perverse pleasure in watching Hulk smash the crap out of everything. I'm just worried they're going to run out of ways to write KRRRAAACKKKASHATHHOOOORRRAAAKRRACHHOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in big red letters across a full spread.

Sentry should be able to stop him. I've liked following the story but I do hope they tone him down a bit in the long run. Superman is a prime example of a character that has gotten too powerful for his own good (in some cases) it just gets harder and harder to write interesting stories for them because they can't be hurt or stopped or in danger or have difficulty... I do agree tho, Power Pack should also be able to take him down. :o

Yes it is quite fun isn't it

:lol:

I quite want to read this story after reading bits on here. I prefer graphic novels though so do you think that this will come out as a book eventually?

I think it's very likely it'll come out in a collection, Dan. Planet Hulk's available in Hardcover right now. I can see the Hardcover of WWH getting released at the same time as the Soft cover of Planet Hulk.

I was soooooo tempted to put spoilers in again. :D

Rad's right. It'll be available in trade format. I started picking up individual issues on this one, but after reading (and being very disappointed in) the tie ins (Ghost Rider, etc) I decided to wait for the eventual trade.

The Planet Hulk HC is excellent and well worth the price IMO.

Man, I had fun watching Iron man get his ass handed to him. I hate Iron Man after Civil War. The only good hing that came out of regestration was the new Tunderbolts. I looooove the Thunderbolts. Power to the Bolts!!!

:ninja:

P.S the ninja smiley looks really cool highlighted

Also for any one who dosen't know, marvel zombies will have new issues in OCT. Are you ready for Marvel Zombies Civil War? Forty years have passed and the zombies have come back home after eating just about everything else in the universe. Yum yum! What awaits them back on Earth, though, is beyond anything even these shambling monstrosities could have conceived! This is a new series featuring the amazing, irreverent take on the Marvel characters that became last years unexpected smash hit. Theyre back and more stomach-churning than ever! The smash hit series is back, daring to ask: "Whose stomach are you in?"