UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Graham's Customs.

Graham

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. A few of you have been messaging asking for commissions. I obviously appreciate this, but sadly I can't do any customizing at the moment; at least until next January, maybe longer. I took a job in South Korea teaching English, and had to leave all that stuff at home.

All that being said...

Also, Graham, you gotta make an Iron Man Minimate movie poster.

Here you go.

Iron_Man___Minimate_Style_by_LordUberham

Full view can be found at my deviantART page by clicking on the picture there.

Edited by Graham

• 4 weeks later...
This isn't really a new custom at all, but I thought since the guy at PS3 Maven wrote a nice article about my Solid Snake Minimate, I'd put up a link to the website. Maybe any Playstation 3 fans out there might like the site.

I'm not the boss here but PS3 fans don't collect minimate unless you've signed up to talk about minimates. We don't want people posting comment that are nonsence. PS3+Minimates=NO. :confused:

• 4 months later...

Well, long time no custom! I've been living in Korea all year, but I popped back home for a few days. The emphasis for these customs was more on speed than quality, as I was short on time. Here we go...

S9Clark.jpg

Season 9 Clark Kent. This is based on the first episode of Smallville season 9, or at least the SDCC preview clips of it. The coat is from Punisher, and the head is from my older Clark custom. The torso is newly painted.

These next guys started off as SHIELD agents, but I realised army-building bad guys is more fun, so changed them to HYDRA halfway through. They're basically all BSG pilots repainted. Red Skull himself has a Captain Blackhawk chest cover and Robin's skirt. Ideally I would have used Blackhawk's, but couldn't find it at the time. As I said, these aren't the best paint jobs I've done, so I'll probably neaten them up when I have more time.

HYDRA1.jpg

Cap certainly doesn't think much of them.

HYDRA2.jpg

HYDRA3.jpg

EDIT: Changed the link to an in-thread image, as Clark's costume isn't really a spoiler at this point.

Edited by Graham

Fantastic. Graham, you're definitely one of my favorite customizers on this board because of your hard work and painting everything no matter what, and it always makes me feel good to see another custom from you. Especially your Smallville ones; any chance you could elude to the preview, or know if there's a video somewhere?? The design look interesting; it's a neat take on the Man of Steel.

Great work, Graham. I really like that every agent has an individual face expression, something I'm currently missing regarding the official ones. (Two different face expression and the possibility to turn the head would work, I guess.) Very well done!

buttheadsmate: I couldn't find a reasonable job in England, so I moved to Korea as an English teacher. No one seems to mind that I'm not a qualified teacher, but at least I'm genuinely English.

Twisted Two-face: The video I found is this one. You can also see a blurry pic here and a clearer (admittedly fan-made) version here. The design reminds me of the one Superman wore in the comics after coming back from Doomsday killing him;

semi-appropriate then, I guess

. Looks like season 9 will be an interesting one.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. It's good to be back with more customs, however briefly. You almost got to see my Rorschach custom, but I didn't have time to do the pinstripes on his trousers. Something about a plane to catch...

Edited by Graham

buttheadsmate: I couldn't find a reasonable job in England, so I moved to Korea as an English teacher. No one seems to mind that I'm not a qualified teacher, but at least I'm genuinely English.

Twisted Two-face: The video I found is this one. You can also see a blurry pic here and a clearer (admittedly fan-made) version here. The design reminds me of the one Superman wore in the comics after coming back from Doomsday killing him;

semi-appropriate then, I guess

. Looks like season 9 will be an interesting one.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. It's good to be back with more customs, however briefly. You almost got to see my Rorschach custom, but I didn't have time to do the pinstripes on his trousers. Something about a plane to catch...

That is EXACTLY when i thought when i saw it; the

Recovery

Suit. It really does makes sense, totally fits continuity, and will appease those casual Smallville-only fans waiting for a "Superman."

It also leads me to believe that we somehow haven't seen the last of Davis or Lex; i smell something big happening in Season 10, especially now that Major Zod is here.

:angry: god i cant believe i missed the smallville season 9 trailer at comiccon

also sorry to hear you couldent finish your rorshach in time for your plane(im sure its awsome)

ps. i missed a couple of smallville(i think season 8)episodes can someone explain to me what happen to super girl

also sorry to hear you couldent finish your rorshach in time for your plane(im sure its awsome)

ps. i missed a couple of smallville(i think season 8)episodes can someone explain to me what happen to super girl

Not wanting to derail Graham's thread, but i'm sure he won't mind a little bit. :blush:

Not sure how much you missed, but not much with her in Season 8.

She's around for one episode (Bloodline) in which Clark gets his crystal back, touches it, and he and Lois end up in the Phantom Zone. They make it out with Kara, but also release Zod's wife Faora; in an ironic twist we find out that Zod and Faora are Davis's "parents." Eventually Faora posses Lois, and Kara uses the crystal to exorcise her out. In the final minutes, Kara tells Clark she isn't going to stay and recieved word of a possible community of Kryptonians in a city called Kandor (real comics continuity). She flieso ut the window, and after that Laura Vandervoot was written out of the entire series. She may appear again in 9 or 10 for one episode, but it's unlikely.

Not wanting to derail Graham's thread, but i'm sure he won't mind a little bit. :blush:

She's around for one episode (Bloodline) in which Clark gets his crystal back, touches it, and he and Lois end up in the Phantom Zone. They make it out with Kara, but also release Zod's wife Faora; in an ironic twist we find out that Zod and Faora are Davis's "parents." Eventually Faora posses Lois, and Kara uses the crystal to exorcise her out. In the final minutes, Kara tells Clark she isn't going to stay and recieved word of a possible community of Kryptonians in a city called Kandor (real comics continuity). She flieso ut the window, and after that Laura Vandervoot was written out of the entire series. She may appear again in 9 or 10 for one episode, but it's unlikely.

I don't mind at all in fact! I'm not sure about the availability of Laura Vandervoort, but in the run-up to the Season 8 finale I seem to remember the orb mention

Kandor when trying to trick Tess into releasing Zod

. So the story seems to allow her back in whenever they decide to. Personally, I'm not much of a fan of the character, in any incarnation.

I also started converting my comics Zatanna into a Smallville one. Are there any other important characters I've missed?

BHM, if you do ever end up out here give me a shout. It is a beautiful country, albeit one without Minimates :D

Edited by Graham

• 2 months later...
It is a beautiful country, albeit one without Minimates :D

I stand corrected (by myself). It's still a beautiful country, but I found some Minimates. This isn't a custom at all, but it's just a quick 5-minute Photoshopping to celebrate purchasing four C3 Flash's for $12. There's a little 'Big Bang Theory' reference in there for fans of the show.

Flash2.jpg

And just to show I'm not joking about finding four of these.

PA120183.jpg

• 10 months later...