UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Graham's Customs.

Graham

Well, I'm back now and been working on a few customs, the first of which to be finished is The Dark Knight himself, based on the movie costume.

The belt is re-sculpted from New X-men Cyclops and the cowl is a heavily modified Chemical Warehouse Batman one. The gauntlets are cut-down versions of those from the same Batman. The cape is made of cloth, glued on to two wires at either side, which are held in place by being stuck into the back of his shoulders. This allows the famous flying wings, as well as various other fluttering in the wind poses. The mask is removable, but at the moment it's damaging the Christian Bale face I painted underneath as it comes off, so some modification needed there.

S1035986.jpg

S1035990.jpg

Also shown is the Lego Batpod I made. Simple enough, it's made mostly from Technic parts and odd bits ordered from Bricklink. The handlebars you may recognise from the C3 Bat-glider.

S1035991.jpg

S1035992.jpg

S1035993.jpg

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable Graham! What an amazing paint job! Is the mask sculpted from scratch or a modified piece?

Absolutely ! Credit where credit is due! There are good customs for sure but that Batman is a step beyond fantastic :)

I think that Dark Knight pushes the detail envelope as far as one can take it before actually adding sculpted body parts (which i personally prefer on most action figures) . Excellent work!

I freaking love it! The batpod is so deceptively simple and in that one picture, you perfectly captured the spirit of the final shot.

So is there Joker and Two-Facey goodness in your future?

Edited by Trekker 42

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!

Fujis - The mask is a cut down and heavily re-sculpted version of the C3 Chemical Warehouse Batman one.

Trekker42 - If you look back a page or two I already did the Joker, but Two-face could be a good idea as well, though currently I'm working on a Superman Returns style Superman.

More new stuff, this time back to some comic-themed customs.

First up I was commissioned to re-do a couple of my older customs, Hush and Ultimate WW2 Captain America, and there are enough differences to make them worth posting up. Hush has the head from my original Hush custom (with a neatened up paint job), Punisher's coat and guns from one of the 24 sets.

HushVer2.jpg

Captain America uses a BSG officer jacket, modified with cut up bits of plastic. The belt is from New X-men Cyclops I think. The shield is made from an old credit card, enhanced with a sculpted front and a handle made from the strap from Punisher's pistol holster, so now he holds it instead of has it hung off his wrist. The helmet is Sgt. Rock's again, and this time I carefully cut the front of a New Avengers Cap mask off and stuck it on the front, so the mask is fully removable. The 'A' on the front is also sculpted on, rather than painted. Here's the original version for comparison.

UltimateWW2CaptainAmericaVer2.jpg

The new version of Captain America, complete with metallic blue parts. This is basically a repainted New Avengers Cap, with Deathstroke boots and a Rocky head. The belt is from a BSG pilot, with a pistol holster from the same stuck on the side.

CaptainAmerica1and2.jpg

Finally, all my Captains America in one shot...

CaptainsAmerica.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

JoePants - sorry, I must have missed your question. The jacket is from one of the 24 figures, David Palmer I think.

The latest.

Two-face from 'The Dark Knight'. The source I used was the action figure pictured. The jacket is a hacked-up Patch one, and the hair is sculpted from scratch.

HarveyTwo-face.jpg

Superman from 'Superman Returns'. Powerhouse chest with a Superman cape stuck on. The hair is also from DCD Superman, but I re-sculpted the front to match the film more.

SupermanReturns.jpg

Callisto (this one was a commission). The jacket is a cut-down SM3 Eddie Brock one, the hair, bracelet and chains are sculpted.

Callisto.jpg

Modern Wasp. The wing assembly was cut off Hawkgirl, then I carefully attached her wing pins to the wings from a Superhero Squad Wasp, so they're fully articulated. Hair is from Nina Myers, and the head is from Kim Bauer.

Wasp.jpg

Conan the Barbarian (another commission). The skirt is Von Doom's, with a LotR Legolas sword and scabbard. The hair is sculpted over Vice President Baltar's.

Conan.jpg