UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

I agree with both TM and Groundhog. The quality is very good overall, IMO. Soft hands and soft plastic overall is something you just have to live with in this day and age, but I think it actually works on the hands, as it allows you to use all kinds of weapons. Certainly, their quality seems significantly better than what I have seen with the Marvel figures, but I also feel that the quality has gone down a bit as the line has moved forward. The early single pack figures somehow seemed better "put together" than some of the later multi-packs, though it may just be perception.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, I'm not karamazov, .........

If you're not Karamazov does that mean that Karamazov is Karamazov or is he you...er.. Groundhog? Does your wife know you're not Karamazov? Do you know who you are if you're not Karamazov? :blink:

edit: Who's Roadblock?

Edited by buttheadsmate

I am also known as the body massage machine. And the Angel of Suffering. And the Rhykno.

I'm not african american. I don't have a large machine gun. I have a bad attitude, and well used knuckles. And I like toys. And boobs. And cigarettes...........and I have add...what was the question?

Does your wife know you're not Karamazov?

Shhh....

Can you please not tell her?

....& Karamazov ? What of him...er..what of he...er..WTF do I care?

She doesn't know does she??? I shan't mention it again ..

......today...

Am I the Mindbender ? :verymad:

Only if you're bald and you wear a monocle.

I'm receding & can ride a bicycle ....Good Lord ...I'm the Bike-mender :ohmy:

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I opened them Easter Sunday. My daughter had "skydiver" Scarlett (which started the craze), bought the new Cobra 5-pack with some Easter money and I put a Cobra Officer in her basket. We had a serious battle happening on the kitchen table!

I have noticed that a couple of the 5-pack figures seem to be a little "looser" than any of the single-carded figures that I've opened and the paint aps aren't quite as sharp either. Is there a reason that anyone knows of, or is it just a coincidence?

Two ideas in one post here:

-I got my first two (and probably only) Hall of Heroes figures in the mail this week. The figures are okay ( I got a BAT and Crimson Guard), but the packaging is awesome. I'm not sure it justifies the $3-$4 more per figure, but it's very impressive.

-Has anyone watched the GI Joe:Resolute video yet? I know the first part debuted yesterday on adultswim.com, but I have to wait until tonight when the kids go to bed. I'm kind of curious how it turned out.

Okay, so I watched the first two episodes and they are amazing. I think they should scrap the movie and make a full length feature film like this. And, as reported before, you can expect some major character deaths from the start. I can't wait to watch this as the entire 60 minute cartoon when it's done.

I have noticed that a couple of the 5-pack figures seem to be a little "looser" than any of the single-carded figures that I've opened and the paint aps aren't quite as sharp either. Is there a reason that anyone knows of, or is it just a coincidence?

The first Gung Ho (from 5 pack) is notorious for having loose legs making him almost unable to stand correctly, but apart from a few issues here or there, I haven't heard much about 5 packs having figures that were of lesser quality than the single, carded versions. But then, it wouldn't surprise me. I think some of the comic (2-pack) figures were really shoddy, with bad paint jobs, loose joints, and even sculpts that seem as if they weren't given the attention that the other figures were.

I'm looking at you, Crimson Twins and Dreadnoks!

If anyone lives close to a Meijer, their single-carded 25th Anniversary GI Joes are on sale "Buy One, Get One Free"!

One by me was completely cleared out, so I went to the other and ended up with Major Bludd and (Commando) Snake Eyes. The only other choices were Roadblock, Python Officer, HISS Driver and Bazooka.

Just one more store location to check...

BTW- do any of you Joe fans have any spare figures on your Want/Have Lists that you're trying to sell/trade? I would love to acquire the cartoon-based Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow from the newer 5-packs, but I'm not really interested in any of the other 8 figures...

If anyone lives close to a Meijer, their single-carded 25th Anniversary GI Joes are on sale "Buy One, Get One Free"!

One by me was completely cleared out, so I went to the other and ended up with Major Bludd and (Commando) Snake Eyes. The only other choices were Roadblock, Python Officer, HISS Driver and Bazooka.

Just one more store location to check...

BTW- do any of you Joe fans have any spare figures on your Want/Have Lists that you're trying to sell/trade? I would love to acquire the cartoon-based Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow from the newer 5-packs, but I'm not really interested in any of the other 8 figures...

while I dont have those to available, as I am collecting SS and SE feel free to check my buy/sell list as I have a pile of Joes on there for cheaply

Jeff of the Miniacs

I would love to acquire the cartoon-based Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow from the newer 5-packs, but I'm not really interested in any of the other 8 figures...

You can buy a Storm Shadow very similar to the 5 pack version here:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3471703