G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just appeared:

resolutesnakesfigure-1.jpg

Anybody recognize what it is?

sweet! i will get this. i havent bought any joes in probably 2-3 months except the new joe pack with recondo and chuckles, which is pretty dang great!

just waiting for a classic dial-tone (male, complete with stache) hopefully he'll be made, and the monkey wrench, and i may close the books on modern era joes. i thought i'd pick up a few of the movie ones, but i just dont feel it when i look at them, so i'll pass.

I'm actually hoping that we'll get more Resolute figures around the time of the DVD release. I could definitely go for Flint, Storm Shadow, Zartan, Firefly, Scarlett, etc. I'm also interested in getting as many pre-1987 figures as they are willing to release. The SDCC 5 pack with "Footloose," "Law and Order," "Dial Tone" etc. is extremely disappointing. For those who haven't seen it, it is released under the "Rise of Cobra" tag, and they all look pretty crappy. They all pretty much wear the same outfit, Dial Tone is a woman, Footloose and Law and Order look pretty much the same except Footloose does have a mustache (wears some kind of bomb squad helmet). Lame.

Still need to pick up the 7 pack!

What is your opinion on the new Rise of Cobra Baroness figure? Personally I find her to be somewhat lanky and the face does not resemble the beautiful Sienna Miller in the least. On hisstank.com, I saw a nice head-swap custom that used the most recent 25th Anniversary 5-pack Baroness head.

If anyone happens to have a spare 25th Anniversary Baroness head, please PM me!

Because people want instant gratification. Off topic, but I took a sociology class once years ago, and was told that this factor is correlated with social class and income. I won't say which social class is positively correlated with higher demands for instant gratification :)

Also, the later you eat, the higher your social status is likely to be, supposedly. Given that I'm often eating at midnight, I figure I must be a pretty classy guy! . . .or is midnight extremely early? :(

Haha, ya know, the one reason i won't go to see this is the Accelerator Suit. Dear God, that looks so effing childish, it isn't even close to being cool!! Seriously, it looks like something that was MADE to be an action figure; it should be the other way around.

Baroness and Destro, however, are enough to get me in. :lol:

Haha, ya know, the one reason i won't go to see this is the Accelerator Suit. Dear God, that looks so effing childish, it isn't even close to being cool!! Seriously, it looks like something that was MADE to be an action figure; it should be the other way around.

Baroness and Destro, however, are enough to get me in. :lol:

So the only reason you're not going is cause of the suit? That's kind of dumb...

GI Joe was cool. VERY cool. I don't know what people were expecting, but I got everything out of it I needed. It even set itself up for a second one, which could have deep ramifications! This felt like a first and second movie combined. there were introductions, but they were setting up for something BIG in #2.

I honestly have NO complaints. I can see where they could go with stuff, I see why they went with what they did in others. I don't know why people are ticked.

Let me mention this about the accelerator suits: Snake Eyes is not wearing one and still does better than Duke and Ripcord. They get the snot beat out of them, and the suits just barely make them ninja-equal. They are in there for like 5 mins. Don't sweat it guys. it was cool.

I mean, look. No one gets peed on, no one poops parachutes. Duke doesn't rip SE's heart out and use his arms and legs to stop the bad guys. You can SEE everyone. And the acting is top notch. Really. It's amazing what good acting does to a movie. So it's already better than it's cousin. There was no sex, no potty humor. Some slap stick comedy relief was welcome by Mr. Waynes. He kept it in check nicely. There was some language, but not much. Maybe half a dozen words in 2 hours. And they're military guys. So that's not bad.

They played about 3 bars of the old sound track in one spot. GI Joe is an American unit, but they pull from all branches of the military all over the world. At least that's what I got. There were lots of little in jokes without being over the top. I'd really love to hear someone elses opinion that has never seen GI Joe and isn't a total moron.

I liked it. Go see it. I have no doubt it will fail miserably when compared to it's block buster cousin Transformers, which is sad, because GI Joe is SO much better, and TFs sucked so badly, and I just don't know what's wrong with people.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the closest thing is Ace from the 2-pack with Wild Weasel. Technically not an astronaut, but he sorta looks like one:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/agu/captace.shtml

Then, you've got Deep Six. Also technically not an astronaut (deep sea diver), but sort of looks like one:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/agu/deepsix5.shtml

Edited by karamazov80

Saw some Joe scaled arcade game cabinets on Hisstank. They look fantastic! The price is too high for me to bite the bullet, but by no means do I think they are over-priced, given how much work the guy put into making them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgwhitlock/38...57621939805555/

3860331160_f9e5fd4491.jpg

3837229238_ed78540a45.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Very cool stuff, the Punisher. I've got Snake Eyes Voorhees in my "pile of loot" at BBTS, and look forward to getting him here myself. Will be the first "ROC" branded Joe that I get. And possibly the last, unless some other, cool "Resolute" figures get released under this branding (Storm Shadow, anyone?).

Edited by karamazov80