UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TBT's Latest customs...

I love that Thor. It's such a simple quick custom too.

Whats the line 'He's dead Jim' from. I can hear it in my head but can't place it. It's driving me crazy!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

With all the shiny new IM that DST did my old yellow and stealth felt a little out of place so...

post-7-1221237114_thumb.jpg

The Golden IM is a semi Quick job that is to update the wave six IM. Started with a TTA IronMan A simple repaint of the legs to lose the 'shorts' and swapped out a wave 6 chest piece with a golden dot insead of yellow (that needs tidying) I added a belt piece from wave six to make it compete.

The stealth IM is a work in progress as I still need to design a chest decal for him, obviously he's metallic blue & shiny which the photo doesn't do justice to. I'm kinda of pissed as I already did an Ironman chest as an AI file but during a computer change seem to have lost the file so will need to start from scratch :(

Thoughts, comments, abuse?

T.

Ok so the chest decal is done... All he needs now is a layer of clearcoat and he's finished!

post-7-1221363254_thumb.jpg

This pic also shows off the shinyness a little better. I assume a gloss clearcoat will only make it more so :)

This where you all ask what about the unibeam and why isn't it Yellow/Red depending on which toyline you look at? well I went for a MkI comic book look and the unibeam isn't colored any differently from the rest of the suit.

Of course the total purest would argue that the suit is actually black (perhaps I need to do one of those too)!

T.

Looking at your new shiny Iron Man armors is making me wonder if I shouldn't be painting mine. Thanks a lot for putting ideas in my head :)

Looking at your new shiny Iron Man armors is making me wonder if I shouldn't be painting mine. Thanks a lot for putting ideas in my head :)

Yeah, thanks a lot, jerk! You got me thinking of picking up the paintbrush again after so many months of "retirement". :lol:

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with ;)

T.

I love that Thor. It's such a simple quick custom too.

Whats the line 'He's dead Jim' from. I can hear it in my head but can't place it. It's driving me crazy!

I think its the Man Trap, but you could be thinking The Wrath of Khan at Spock's death scene.

Uh, Trekker, maybe you were kidding, but McCoy said the line a whole lot more than that...

Can't get much more dead than that.

And darn nice customs, TBT! You're talent and technique are going through obvious and substantial development with each new post (if you don't mind my saying so)!

And Two-Face? Lay off the hick's apostrophes. And the excalmation marks. It's more than a bit old, and it makes it really hard to take you seriously.

Edited by Alpheon

Uh, Trekker, maybe you were kidding, but McCoy said the line a whole lot more than that...

And darn nice customs, TBT! You're talent and technique are going through obvious and substantial development with each new post (if you don't mind my saying so)!

And Two-Face? Lay off the hick's apostrophes. And the excalmation marks. It's more than a bit old, and it makes it really hard to take you seriously.

Sorry, but i really didn't think that what Aaron had said about me was all too fair. I was just voicing my opinion, and was mocked for it. It was really unnecessary for him to say that, but i still apologize for my "hick apostrophes" (that ade me smile :blush: ) and exclamation marks.

But seriously; does it sound better as frakking or frakkin'?

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Sorry, but i really didn't think that what Aaron had said about me was all too fair. I was just voicing my opinion, and was mocked for it. It was really unnecessary for him to say that, but i still apologize for my "hick apostrophes" (that ade me smile :blush: ) and exclamation marks.

Just do freaking or use the classic @$%&ing if yu don't want to actually curse. It's what I do.

Just do freaking or use the classic @$%&ing if yu don't want to actually curse. It's what I do.

Okay. It will not happen again; trust me.

• 2 months later...

As If often tend to do here, here is a peek at a work in progress.. ( BTW no TRU Stealth IM were hurt during this process this is my custom stealth chopped up ;) )

It's a Modern ( perhaps even movie?) WarMachine!

post-7-1229109468_thumb.jpg

Very heavy based on the Movie minimate. I love the movie minimates but feel the torso is a little bulky for a modern IM esp when stood next to those from the TTA packs. so did some trimming of the chest piece!

Obviously it needs Shiny metallic black paint and weapons. I hope to pilfer a set of those from the soon to be released official warmachine mini. I also have plans if possible to use the holes on the back of the mini's torso and put extra on top so they can be displayed either up or stowed!

I will admit I'm probably only borrowing the Chase parts and will repaint the ones I have because I cant bring myself to destroy a chase for a custom!

Thoughts so far?

T.

I will admit I'm probably only borrowing the Chase parts and will repaint the ones I have because I cant bring myself to destroy a chase for a custom!

I was about to say!

I think you're just gona have to wait and see how the War Machine mold actually turns out.

Oh poor TRU Ionman!