UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a Reveal the Shield set with Cyclonus and Rodimus earlier this week at Target and it is awesome! I love the little die cast matrix of leadership! I am also super excited for the generations Thundercracker coming out soon. Now I just need them to rerelease the classic look Skywarp so I can have all the seekers.

I also picked up an animated Snarl on clearance at TRU because my rewards dollars were expirings and he is pretty nifty.

Huh, of course i check their site and he's painted. Go me, only going off of pre-production pics. Looks fantastic, so much better than Hasbro's.

Oh, how easy should it be to swap heads?? Would i have to heat/boil 'n' pop?

Unscrew the screw in the back of hasbro's head, change out for the igear, screw into place. 15 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently found out about TFClub producing a 3rd party "Classics" version of the Constructicons/Devastator.

Will be very expensive I suspect, but also, very awesome. This is definitely on my radar screen.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/new...vastator/19582/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/new...cavenger/20426/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/a..._1293483815.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So, I got the third party Transformer "Knight Morpher Annihilator" (Hearts of Steel Nemesis Prime) a few weeks ago. Stuck Ancient Cybertronian symbol Reprolabels on his shield & right shoulder, stuck his extra fists in the screwholes on his back, and put the Clone Wars Flamethrower Clone Trooper flames in them (his smokestacks are solid :(), and I have a Classics "Fallen"!

DSC06499.jpg

:D

Also got this guy a few days ago:

DSC06498.jpg

And this guy last week:

DSC06502.jpg

:)

Edited by TENIME_art

So, I got the third party Transformer "Knight Morpher Annihilator" (Hearts of Steel Nemesis Prime) a few weeks ago. Stuck Ancient Cybertronian symbol Reprolabels on his shield & right shoulder, stuck his extra fists in the screwholes on his back, and put the Clone Wars Flamethrower Clone Trooper flames in them (his smokestacks are solid :(), and I have a Classics "Fallen"!

DSC06499.jpg

:D

I didn't know the Fallen was to look like Prime. Looks really cool though. How's the figure feel and transform being a 3rd party figure?

kar - Tik-Tok! Yes! I can see it now! I always thought he looked like Wilford Brimley, myself.

brimley_anim010.jpg

web - His head is pretty similiar to Prime's (and Soundwave's):

300px-thefallen.jpg

Its quality is good. Granted, I'm extra delicate with it, because it isn't an official release. The plastic isn't brittle, but it wouldn't hold up to rough handling. I'm sure if I treated it like a Hasbro toy, something would've broken on it by now. But being careful with it, it's phenomenal. I heard about a bunch of QC problems with the red/blue Optimus version, but they fixed them ALL with this release.

This video review covers it nicely, is pretty funny, and made me want to buy it:

TM2 - I'd LOVE that figure, if he weren't so small, and didn't have diecast. I HATE diecast, and the titanium figures are one of the biggest reasons why. It kills any semblance of articulation, because the pieces are too heavy to get any decent poses out of them. And he's small. Otherwise, it is a beautiful figure.

ok I got it now. I remember reading that awhile back I just forgot about it. It does look pretty cool! That review was hilarious.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on a real Beast Wars kick lately. Cleaning up some older stuff, finishing things out. I'm not missing much.

*Iguanus

*Insecticon's left arm and gun

*Armordillo's back legs/gun

*Bat Primal's Swords

*Wolfang's gun

*Polarclaw's read claw/foot and the bat/leg

*Clawjaw

*Drillbit's right hand thing that isn't the drill

*Lazorbeak

*Razorclaw v.1

*Spittor

*Grimlock

*K-9

*Jetstorm's missiles

*Bonecrusher

*B'Boom's gun and missiles

*TM Rhinox

*TM Terrorsaur

(not really worried about these two. obviously)

*Sonar's left wing attatchment

*Nightglider

*TM2 Dinobot (Bone White)

*TM2 BA's head (don't ask)

*Ice Bird

*Razorclaw

*Soundwave

Actually BM doesn't fare too badly either.

*Geckobot

*Nightscream (but he sucked)

*Hammerstrike

*Battle Unicron (Maybe. I know have his Zebra counterpart, but I can't remember about BU proper)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thoughts on the latest Masterpiece? Haven't looked at comparison pics yet to see what distinguishes this one from the previous version.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11255&mode=retail

He's much smaller than the original MP Prime to be more in-scale with the Alternators and smaller MP figures. He is pretty stylistically different, as well. This one is less blocky, and seemingly more influenced by the cartoon version of Prime. One major improvement is that the "alt" mode of Prime looks way better than the MP-01 version. He also comes with a little Spike who can drive him.

But the price. . .forget about it. Unless a <$100 U.S. release comes out, I'll pass, even though I would really like to have a fancy Optimus Prime in that scale.

Edited by karamazov80

I didn't realize that MP01 was alot taller than Rodimus. I would still like to get a rodimus but he's too pricey. same for this one.