• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Porcupine

2mQRKiF.jpg

kiviNxo.jpg

6mkTSEi.jpg

Alex Gentry, the Porcupine, was one of the first Marvel silver age villains and most notably fought against Ant-Man and Captain America, but also faced the Avengers, the X-Men and the Defenders. He includes a smashed security monitor accessory. He is a slightly more limited edition than usual - I only have the parts to make 28 of him. The preorder link just got emailed to past subscribers, and I will post the public preorder link here on Wednesday morning. 

For those of you who preordered Doc Ock, he will be shipping out in 3 days. 

Wow, you nailed the silver-age look of his quills. Great use of pipe-cleaners.

I love that you pick characters that you need to get a little inventive with. Always impressed with the result!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Doc Ock and it's possibly your greatest triumph, Luke! Really ingenious parts outsourcing. I'm not sure I'll ever tire of finding the right poses to put him in!

Per the latest hint: I like the Controller as an idea, but Man-Ape also has me piqued. Not sure if it's an "all new" character, however.

7 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Got my Doc Ock and it's possibly your greatest triumph, Luke! Really ingenious parts outsourcing. I'm not sure I'll ever tire of finding the right poses to put him in!

Per the latest hint: I like the Controller as an idea, but Man-Ape also has me piqued. Not sure if it's an "all new" character, however.

Thank you!

Here is the hint so everyone can weigh in: This villain first appeared in the late 60’s, and was joined by other team members in the mid 70’s.

1 hour ago, luke314pi said:

Thank you!

Here is the hint so everyone can weigh in: This villain first appeared in the late 60’s, and was joined by other team members in the mid 70’s.

If I’m right (which, per my wife, I very seldom am), I think the Wrecker debuted in the late 60s and the rest of the Wrecking Crew debuted in the 70s. And if it’s the Wrecker I’d lose my ever-loving mind.

1 hour ago, Freaqualizer said:

If I’m right (which, per my wife, I very seldom am), I think the Wrecker debuted in the late 60s and the rest of the Wrecking Crew debuted in the 70s. And if it’s the Wrecker I’d lose my ever-loving mind.

Well shit I thought if I made it a bit vague, someone wouldn't guess it right away. 😂

There will be 2 ordering options - Wrecker by himself, or Wrecker, Bulldozer, and Piledriver, with stickers and some of the parts needed to make Thunderball (I don't have all of the parts for him). 

46 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

Well shit I thought if I made it a bit vague, someone wouldn't guess it right away. 😂

There will be 2 ordering options - Wrecker by himself, or Wrecker, Bulldozer, and Piledriver, with stickers and some of the parts needed to make Thunderball (I don't have all of the parts for him). 

LoL! If it makes you feel any better, I’m usually wrong. And I just offer up my own personal wishlist. And I’ll definitely be ordering the option with all of the characters. I ordered a Stormbreaker Loki a long time ago as I had plans to make the Wrecking Crew, and I never did anything with it. So, I think I’m prepared to finish off the team! 

1 hour ago, luke314pi said:

Ohhhhhh that's a great one. I made them all a few years ago, but I've never been satisfied with them.

24 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Luke, is there an option to order additional pieces to extend Doc Ock's arms? Or do you have a link to where the particular piece can be found? I would LOVE to have him standing as a monolithic figure!

I bought the entire quantity from the seller that I purchased these from. I tried to get more from them, but they were unable to get any more. I still have 3 more to assemble for international customers, plus my own, and then I will see where I am at with the arm parts. I did factor in extras after I broke one piece in my test order, so I might have extra parts in the end.

12 hours ago, luke314pi said:

Wow! I am so all over this. I never QCd any of my own, so I'm psyched to get the whole crew.

22 hours ago, luke314pi said:

There is some serious comic book knowledge on this board.

Balanced off by the likes of me. LOL

Edited by cylonchaney

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, luke314pi said:

I cannot wait for this DAY!

They will go up for preorder on August 6th. 😁

I haven't figured out the exact pricing yet, but this will obviously be a more expensive release, so I will include the option to pay half upfront and half when they are finished. 

And see, I thought Wrecker when I opened Ock too, but I didn't think we'd
GET THE WHOLE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!