UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

No Stan Lee Minimate?!

I'm thinking getting a Lee 'Mate as a Mallrats 2 figure would probably be easiest, once the time comes. Lee doesn't strike me as a guy who has a particular interest in charities, though I could be wrong about that. And since his connection to Marvel isn't what it used to be, it seems like he would be more on board if the figure had something to do with one of his current projects that he could better promote.

But the reason I want Kirby isn't just because I want a bunch of creator Minimates, but because Kirby gets the shaft so often in terms of credit for creating so much of the Marvel U. In recent years folks have come to better recognize Kirby's contributions, but seeing Kirby get more attention with things like collectibles would be a nice gesture in that direction.

I want a Stan Lee Minimate simply because of his enduring personality, but I wouldn't say no to having a Jack Kirby ghost and angry family boxset to stand solemnly behind my Stan Lee Minimate. DST could even reuse the Spongebob bag of money!

oAZeYNo.jpg

Edited by youbastards

It should be a "One-Above-All" MiniMate with Jack's head underneath, or as an alt head. Not to be confused with the Celestial of the same name, this omnipotent being was actually drawn as Kirby at one point:

http://www.comicvine.com/one-above-all/4005-44473/

I think a Watcher with Stan's head underneath would be cool. Or Forbush Man.