UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

I was specifically referring to that TRU 17 (?) set. It may have been considered a war crime by only one or maybe two people, but I think that person wrote in to Ask DST and posted on FB and was pretty down on it here. We just wanted to put out a set at TRU that had some name and face recognition, with ASM2 hitting, but that would also add to people's collections. No evil intended, no malice.

Not sure any version of the FF will be forthcoming, but the MU is pretty much the UltU now. All the best costumes got poached for the 616, often via the movie versions. Goblin would be cool. Also, the Axis powers in Ultimates 2. I loved those guys. (They will probably never happen.)

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ultimate universe was great at first. I loved the Ultimate X-men and Ultimate Spiderman comics. After the extinction storyline I lost interest in them though. I would still love to see updates for Ultimate X-men and some Ultimate Spiderman updates though.

^ We desperately need new Cloak & Dagger mates and these costumes are perfect! Do them with the material used in Outback Storm and bam! You've got one hell of a 2-pack. I actually sent an AskDST mail about this. Still, I'd love to see more Ultimate mates. Some of the X-Men, some of Spidey's foes, stuff like that. But yeah, like Zech said, the movies have adapted most of them fairly accurately, so I guess we technically do get Ultimate figs everytime a movie wave comes out.

Edited by Kostisfire

Cloak needs to be more cloaklike. I would suggest a modified flight stand type thing where you could have his floating head and the cloak but no body. Ideally, it would allow you to position Dagger as if she were jumping out from under the cloak somehow.

Also Dagger should have, you know, daggers. I would suggest modified versions of Longshot's throwing knives.

1345667-173437_69958_cloak_and_dagger_su

acc1227_lg.jpg

I think saying we desperately need them as opposed to so many characters who have yet to be made once is a bit of a stretch.

I was thinking the same thing. Desperately... that's a bit much.

Yeah, we need them but not more than X-Factor, that's true. Poor choice of words, sorry.

I believe it. While they can't outright cancel all their comics, MARVEL has found ways to exclude FF and X-Men. Notice the promotional posters. No X-Men or FF. Most Marvel toy lines. No FF or X-Men. They didn't even have anything relating to either franchise @SDCC this year. I think it's pretty obvious what they're trying to do.

It definitely seems like they are trying to build the properties they have control over. For example, pushing Inhumans over Mutants. It makes sense if their parent company Disney wants them to keep churning out properties they can convert into the next movie blockbuster.

I think you guys are taking something that is legitimate, and blowing it up to a bigger proportion than it truly is.

Since Marvel doesn't own all the rights to X-Men and the Fantastic Four, then yes you probably will see them focus more on their other characters. That being said, they don't own Spider-Man either and no one is accusing them of trying to get rid of him. There are still numerous X-Men books, with new ones still being announced, they even have a book featuring the X-Men and the Avengers together. So I don't think they have any interest in getting rid of X-Men, they just won't focus on the outside media featuring them as much. However, with Fantastic Four, maybe I'm out of the loop but I haven't heard anyone talking about a great run or a great series featuring those characters in a long time. So I think that's more case of them trying to think of a way to present them that will put them on the same level as their other characters. Fantastic Four of all the Marvel properties has never been seen as quite as cool as the majority of the other ones. This new movie that's coming out, which might as well be Chronical 2, has very little in common with the comic book characters, it could simply be them trying to wait it out and see what happens with them so they know which direction to go in.

Edited by Valo487

I agree with Valo487. As far as I understand it, Fox and Sony get to keep their movie rights as long as they make movies within a certain time period. Its not dependent on whether there is a comic being published. Marvel got the rights to Daredevil back because Fox failed to put a movie into production within the time limit.

As for the Fantastic Four, I feel there have been several enjoyable runs in the past 10 years, from Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo to Jonathan Hickman's run.

Two things:

1) The rumor is that Marvel has a problem with Fox and how they're running their movies, not Sony. That's why the focus is on the FF and to a lesser extent the X-Men. I mean... How much marketing and merchandising was there for DoFP? A single wave of Minimates and... ?

2) The implication isn't that Fox would LOSE the rights, but rather sell them back to Marvel if they were no longer profitable.

With all of that said, the flaw in the logic is simple: movies sell comics, not the other way around. I mean, sure, the established fan base from years of publication puts asses in seats. But canceling a book for a year isn't going to instantly mind wipe everyone who'd been lifelong fans of the featured characters. Bottom line, if you're an FF fan today, you'll still be an FF fan when the movie hits theaters, regardless of whether the book is being published at that time or not.

I believe it. While they can't outright cancel all their comics, MARVEL has found ways to exclude FF and X-Men. Notice the promotional posters. No X-Men or FF. Most Marvel toy lines. No FF or X-Men. They didn't even have anything relating to either franchise @SDCC this year. I think it's pretty obvious what they're trying to do.

I just saw a brand new Marvel Legends line today that is devoted entirely to the X-men.

After seeing Amazing Spider-Man 2, I fail to understand why Marvel doesn't have an issue with Sony too. Why no one has tar and feathered Kurtzman and Orci is beyond me. I vote we take those two idiots as well as Damon Lindleof and give them the Joker ultimatum from The Dark Knight with the pool stick.

After seeing Amazing Spider-Man 2, I fail to understand why Marvel doesn't have an issue with Sony too. Why no one has tar and feathered Kurtzman and Orci is beyond me. I vote we take those two idiots as well as Damon Lindleof and give them the Joker ultimatum from The Dark Knight with the pool stick.

I don't have an issue w/Lindleof, but Kurtzman & Orci need to stop writing screenplays. Just stop writing altogether. Does Hollywood NOT have any editors who can proofread these scripts they keep submitting?!

The reason Marvel isn't pulling Spider-man support is because they have a better relationship with Sony than they do with Fox. So that's why they are jerking around the FF and X-Men products and not Spider-man. It's all about Hollywood playground BS.

Back to the topic at hand... since I mostly collect the Marvel movie 'mates I'll have to see these before I decide if I need them or not. Hopefully the reveal will be soon.