UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men Family Tree

Jatta Pake

I usually love this kind of relationship guide, but this one with it’s super graphic representations of the characters AND being unlabeled makes it harder to follow than it should.

And no it’s not a “read more comics” thing, I already knew for example Wolverine was cloned to make X-23 but her icon looks like DoFP Movie Quicksilver since I don’t like her mask and don’t instantly see it as part of her design. Also the “confused? read more comics” leads to heir of elitism as I was aware Xavier has a son and Sabretooth/Mystique have one together, but both of these lads’ names escape me... I could have learned them if this had any kind of markings on it.

Edited by dr baghead

Rogue... has a spot. I, personally, love Scott and his twin redheads

Some of those are wildly unclear, though. And I find it odd that Nate Grey isn't denoted as being from an alternate reality but Rachel is. Or that Mikhail Rasputin didn't make the cut

Also, to address Banshee, easy fix... Juggernaut has an "other relationship" with Black Tom, who is brother to Banshee, who is father to Siryn. Then you can link her to Deadpool, Madrox (who gets you Layla Miller), and Warpath (who gets you Thunderbird)

I usually love this kind of relationship guide, but this one with it’s super graphic representations of the characters AND being unlabeled makes it harder to follow than it should.

And no it’s not a “read more comics” thing, I already knew for example Wolverine was cloned to make X-23 but her icon looks like DoFP Movie Quicksilver since I don’t like her mask and don’t instantly see it as part of her design. Also the “confused? read more comics” leads to heir of elitism as I was aware Xavier has a son and Sabretooth/Mystique have one together, but both of these lads’ names escape me... I could have learned them if this had any kind of markings on it.

I agree but I think elitism is the intended result. Kind of like, can you figure out every face? And Professor X's and Moria's son is Legion.

One flaw in the graphic - what the hell does a red dotted line mean?!?! It is not in the key but Juggernaut and Professor X have a dotted red line relationship. Are they offspring that dated?

I'm surprised I know as much about that as I do, considering that I haven't read a new X-Men comic in about 15 years. Totally didn't know there was another Summers sibling. At first, I thought the bottom part suggested Storm was Wolverine's offspring, then I realized that's the Dark Wolverine guy. Also, not sure what's going on with the two different Beasts?

I couldn't stand that show back in the day. I thought the animation and voice acting were so terrible, particularly in relation to Batman: The Animated Series, which debuted around the same time. Which was too bad, because I've been a huge X-Men fan from waaaaaaay back when. LOVED Pryde of the X-Men. That was a slick little cartoon.