UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So part of me thinks that DST is going to take full advantage of the Miramax deal and pick another movie to make this next line. And right now the only ones I can think of that have already had merch made in the past (thats not being done right now) with mass appeal is Reservoir Dogs and......THE CROW!!!! A property that fits right in with halloween. Just throwing it out there. Single boxed Eric Draven figure as the first introduction release for halloweenfest.

On a serious note, I talked to Chuck about that at C2E2. We both still really want 007. The thing is, they're not letting the license go... to ANYONE. Hot Toys tried for the 007 license and the Brocolis said no. So we just kind of geeked out and made our own little wish lists and sighed at the futility of it. That was fun!

I believe comic shops get them today, but everything has been shown, as far as I know. I don't believe this license is in it.

I mean, the license probably is, with product from other companies, but the Minimate is not. As far as I know.

I believe comic shops get them today, but everything has been shown, as far as I know. I don't believe this license is in it.

I mean, the license probably is, with product from other companies, but the Minimate is not. As far as I know.

darthvadernooo.jpg

Which plays into my theory that it's Nightmare before Christmas, since Disney wouldn't solicit in Previews. yes.gif

Not sure I follow you. We're launching the line with a figure we're offering to comic shops for ComicFest -- it'll absolutely be in Previews. Looks like we'll solicit next month.

Since the July Previews listings had been released digitally on the 18th, I was talking about August Previews. Sorry. We'll announce before then, I imagine.

Metal Gear would be amazing, especially with a major release gaining more and more hype. And it doesn't "complement" any released license so far, due to DST's small-ish base of Video Game based 'mates.

Though Power Rangers would be expected too, given TMNT's reaction.

Or.... sigh... Transformers lol

Edited by Zexion_Armando

Popular, old license that has had many toys and collectibles made over the years and doesn't really complement anything we've had so far. Metal Gear Solid fits all of the criterias but it's a longshot. TNBC, kinda fits them because apart from a few japanese import figures and a couple neca ones, there haven't been that many toys. Dragonball also fits the bill, since I don't think we've gotten any Anime mates thus far.