UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

324 minimates - Who makes the cut?

TBT!

So I'm finally getting around to putting up my minimate display cases in the new house. My dilemma is that I have 3 cases and each holds 108 minimates BUT I have thousands of minimates to chose from.

So I'd like your thoughts on who makes the cut?

Right now I'm thinking my favourite version of marvel characters filling 2 cases with one case for an assortment of other lines?

T.

Isn't it ridiculous that choosing "only" 324 minimates is a difficult task? It's a real testament to what DST has been able to achieve.

I would definitely sort the top 324 out first. I'm pretty sure if I was doing it and didn't count first I'd end up with all Marvel and no room left for any other properties. I suppose it also depends on whether you want to keep teams together or not. For example, Jubilee wouldn't make my list, but she would be on display if the rest of the 90's X-Men were.

Just put one of every Spidey variant out on display. I'm sure you'll still have to leave some out, but. . .

haha.. or perhaps just 324 copies of Riot Spidey and simple tell anyone it's an objet d’art?

I suspect wave 2 spidey and black spidey will make the cut and probably no more. ( sorry Chuck.)

Iron Man is another dilemma I have a lot of armor variants and am torn about displaying them all.

T.

I don't display my Minimates, but I do my other action figures. I tend to not have more then one of a particular character in any display, which saves on space. I do make some exceptions; in my Marvel Universe display, for example, I have several Iron Men. But, for the most part, I try to stick by that rule. Obviously, Minimates are a bit different since we have so many different versions of the same characters over the years, but I would pick one Cap, one Wolverine, ect.

As far as non-Marvel goes, I guess it depends on what you like best. Me, I'm a comics guy, so I would have Marvel and DC on display mostly. I'd almost definitely do the Thundercats. Beyond that, I'd probably pick and choose my favorites. I think the hardest part would be deciding to display an entire set (like, say, all the Man With No Name) or simply pick and choose from across the lines. It might be a bit random, but that's probably what I would do.

TBT

My advice....don't get rid of anything

I did almost the same thing a few years back and I regret the hell out if it.

I gave up multiple army builders, Spider-Man's rogues gallery, dc.... Because I told myself

I only want avengers and x men. Then DST gave more and more and I wanted more villains more b listers.

Now I am chasing down what I had and at higher costs.

My opinion. Keep em and rotate displays.

Edited by murderofcrows

MoC,

I dont plan on getting rid of any, I'm just trying to work out who gets display case fame and who doesn't.

It's funny your idea of a rotating display, my girlfriend said today when I was telling her about this and she said.. "It's ok stop worrying, it's not perminant, you can change it..."

T.

Tough decision .....I think I know you well enough to be able to reckon that you're still quite conservative in your Minimate taste & I'm thinking you'll have to have some of those early 'guys' up front ,can't believe ol' Blue Steath (& friend) won't be there?

I'm actually going through a phase of revisiting some of that early 'simple' stuff ' & it still does it for me ......from what I've seen on ebay I'm not alone because certain early, previously obscure sets have bucked up .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Above all, take pictures to share! :P

I won't touch marvel, because there are too many from which to choose and preference is a big part, but for the non-Marvel, I would recommend one of each "main" character and throw in the supporting cast:

24: Pick a Jack, 6 others?

BTTF: Series 1 Marty and Doc, 4 others (7 if you include the 3 Wild West looks)

DS Susan: 2 mates

Man w/ No Mame: 10 mates? Could pose w/ BTTF WIld West mates

Expendables: 10 mates?

BSG:

Star Trek:

DC:

Too many!

So someone asked for pix....

Empty cases, covered in fingerprints and dust...

post-7-0-75405600-1390967540_thumb.jpg

You can just make out a single Minimate hiding in the far right top corner ;)

T.

p.s. Nessex, Google Shodan and you'll understand my avatar and sig line a lot better smile.png

ooops :/ Well - the more you know.... Thanks for the catch-up.

Aliens are still awesome :P Save some room in your display for them. Those cases are great. I hope you'll take some pics for us once they're full!