UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the responses guys. The piece is definitely not Beast or Angel's. It looks like the same mold as the T2 John Connor, but I can't find any evidence if this piece being used recently enough that I could have gotten it by accident.

Honestly, I don't mind it if its the wrong piece, I think I like this one better.

Edited by Glantern

Ok, first off, i just want to say I LOVE this wave. Immonen's designs are definitely some of the best I've seen in recent memory. I like them much better than the crazy Uncanny costumes right now.

But is it just mine, or are all the Iceman/Bobby Ice accessories a litte......dingy? I could see if it was yellowed with age, but right out of the package, it looks like some dirty ice. Had to pull out my TTA Cap to compare.....I think the blue tint worked so much better.

image1.jpg

Haha. I really don't take much note of any discoloration with my sets. This is a very fun wave. DST really brought those designs to three dimensional life, and everyone is packed with the right amount of accessories. Really cool wave.

Thanks for the responses guys. The piece is definitely not Beast or Angel's. It looks like the same mold as the T2 John Connor, but I can't find any evidence if this piece being used recently enough that I could have gotten it by accident.

Honestly, I don't mind it if its the wrong piece, I think I like this one better.

Uh oh...A bigger issue than we thought? Check those Bobby toupees, people. #bobbygate

20141018_104925-1.jpg

oh i see. thanks for clearing that up, Zach. popped into my LCS today. They had the best of wave, but still no 59 (or GoG, or CA:WS). the dude said he thought they ordered them, but would double check. they really don't move too many sets there - pretty sure i may be the only one who buys them - so i'm actually surprised when they get any new ones at all. they still have a mostly full set of wave 50 from last year and whichever the recent set with Viper was.

But is it just mine, or are all the Iceman/Bobby Ice accessories a litte......dingy? I could see if it was yellowed with age, but right out of the package, it looks like some dirty ice. Had to pull out my TTA Cap to compare.....I think the blue tint worked so much better.

image1.jpg

Well, that's a bummer. I was going to buy this wave solely for the accessories but I'm a little hesitant now. Has anyone else had issues with the ice accessories?

I - personally - think it makes them look more "real." Ice is RARELY that blue. This has a more natural hue to it.

If you had the original Toy Biz Iceman, it's a perfect comparison. First he was translucent wih a little whitish hue, then they remade him blue and it looked TOO blue.