UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Walking Dead Wave 5

Zak Katz

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found them in Madison, Wi. today. biggrin.png

I wondered who got the fourth set! Glad it was someone here.

These are great, although I kinda wish they would have figured out a way to give the emaciated Zombie thinner legs too.

I kinda wish they would have figured out a way to give the emaciated Zombie thinner legs too.

Since they used his skinned arm for her arm tops, they could have used this zombie's thigh to achieve that look:

fig1529flg.jpg

(HAIL IVAN!) For the other leg either use a new piece to mirror the the look or just went with the one used on hitchhicker zombie.

I’m surprised how much more I like this wave in hand than in pictures.

Originally I only wanted Abraham and Business Lady Zombie. I thought I was going to have to bulk Abraham up using a movie Hulk torso, but the wideness of his chest tampo and the ability to use his big-honking belt to stretch him out a bit makes him look big enough compared to Rick to make me happy. (plus I guess from a sales stand point it makes sense to make him huge anyway... he’s not that big on the show and looks similar enough there could be crossover appeal)

Army Zombie has a really cool T-shirt so a few part swaps and he went from zombie-parts-fodder-bin to main display, Rick’s head is great and ended up replacing the head on my series 1 Rick (it looks MUCH better hatless, and he needs a hatless head since Carl is coming soon) I really liked Michonne and Hitchhicker zombie too seeing them in the store, but didn’t want to spend another $8 and left them behind... but when I checked out I got a 15% off coupon for next week so looks like I’ll be going back for them shortly.

I guess I’m saying this wave really surprised me I went from liking 2 figures (and thinking 1 needed to be customized to happy with it) to 6 just by seeing them in person.... I still don’t like Eugene who looks nothing like Eugene (I could get over his lack of a mullet or gut if his FACE looked anything like Eugene.) or his zombie buddy though.

post-6416-0-64867200-1394998677_thumb.jp

I like everything about Rick, DST continues to make getting the same character worth while. Michonne's chest block is a very different color then her face, but I like the tank-top look. I don't know why Eugene doesn't have his mullet. Abe is really cool, I broke his knife holder off but gorilla glued it so it's ok. All the zombies are nicely done as well. Solid Wave good job DST.

I was bummed about Eugene until I started to really look at him. The hair is extended a bit on the back and when you really look at it, it looks more like a mullet than the pictures showed, it's just not as "flowing" as it is in the comic. Especially if you compare him to Abraham, Eugene's hair piece goes down farther. If I could have asked for anything I wish Eugene would have come with his radio, I feel it's more iconic than the gun. But I do know the gun mold already exists and the radio does not. Overall super happy to have him and Abraham though.

Found the wave in Framingham, MA TRU today. I love all of them. Maybe I'll fix Eugene's mullet eventually, but it's still not bad. I gave tanktop Michonne Andrea's legs and gave Andrea some brown pants. Now Michonne fits in nicely with the prison crowd.

No sighting of the LCS portion of this wave yet?

Having the TRU exclusives in hand now, I'm happy with the hairpiece that Eugene comes with, from the sides and back you get more of a "mullet" effect, just not as much from the front. If nobody else posts some, I'll add some pix tonight.

That's good to hear. All of the alternative hair pieces that have been tossed out are all very... yellow.