UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kill Bill

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These look awesome! I really try to avoid the movie lines and stick to the super hero stuff only but i think I'm going to enjoy these. The variety is great and it sounds like they'll hit all of the major characters... I'm in.

As far as the female head, If it's an extra head I'm fine, If it replaces one of the male heads, not so much. i'm only basing this on my particular purchasing, I plan on buying three Crazy 88 sets and don't need/want three females. I'm fine with switching one head out for Miki, if I even do that, but I don't need Pony tail lass.

Looking forward to eventually seeing that 4th box set, bring on Bud!

I haven't shared the control art, because our offerings changed, and I wasn't sure the set would come with everything shown, but it looks like there might be some alternate parts. If you get even some of what we originally planned, everyone will be happy.

So enough about Miki, does the set contain an alternate Johnny Mo head?

You know, the groups actual leader and a named character, One of those extra heads had better have no hole in the top and ears printed on the side!

okay, now more about Miki: In my search for the name of Johnny Mo (who I was just going to call “Gordon Liu’s character” but realized that could also apply to Pai Mei) I found a listing on the Kill Bill Wikia for “Miki” (claiming him the first one killed) which clearly shows a dude. A google search for “Kill Bill Miki” brings up more pictures of said dude (who actually does look like one of the minimates we’re getting) typing in “female crazy 88” brings up pictures of the woman we’ve been calling “Miki” often called “a female crazy 88”.... so what the hell is going on?!?!

So enough about Miki, does the set contain an alternate Johnny Mo head?

You know, the groups actual leader and a named character, One of those extra heads had better have no hole in the top and ears printed on the side!

okay, now more about Miki: In my search for the name of Johnny Mo (who I was just going to call “Gordon Liu’s character” but realized that could also apply to Pai Mei) I found a listing on the Kill Bill Wikia for “Miki” (claiming him the first one killed) which clearly shows a dude. A google search for “Kill Bill Miki” brings up more pictures of said dude (who actually does look like one of the minimates we’re getting) typing in “female crazy 88” brings up pictures of the woman we’ve been calling “Miki” often called “a female crazy 88”.... so what the hell is going on?!?!

Ok, so here goes... Tetsuro Shimaguchi is a "Samurai Sword Artist" who did the sword play choreography for the movie and was given the role of 'Miki' by QT.

The girl Crazy 88 was played by Julie Manase and was referred to as "Crazy 88 #6" or simply "#6". She was originally called in to teach Japanese stage combat to the lead actors and QT offered her the role. It's also kinda cool to note that her father is Sonny Chiba.ninja.gif

• 4 weeks later...