UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we've still got a LOT of variants of the big guys we can do -- most of the first-round fan poll is still not made, and they make new costumes every other month -- but now I want a 2099 set! 2099 Spidey, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Doom and Punisher would be pretty recognizable, and don't forget that Alchemax made Thor, Loki and I think Balder. Never read Ravage. Not sure of his appeal.

Talking about the next two comic waves now. Not 2099, but pretty cool stuff....

The 2099 are in my opinion, close to the original characters while also adding a futuristic spin on them. I hope you guys do make a 2099 sometime later: Doom 2099, GR, Spidey and the Punisher would be my choices for the set, and then i'd do a tru 2pack with venom and hulk. Spidey 2099 was my first minimate and while he has broken now i still long for another. He's in my top 5 wanted minimates.

As for the next two comic waves, i bet one is cosmic related to tie with the guardians (and the ironman/hulk set could be a godkiller/agent of time 2pack) and the other is a spidey one. It's been a while since 43 and since cap is getting another with 54, i guess spidey could have another one in 2014. If it was superior themed it would be awesome!

Slott is nuts (in a good way)! Superior Team Up 5 was great (technically it's Yost's book but he and Slott work together on the Superior story as a whole)!The Superior Six, SpOck's all new team!, Miguel! The Wrecking Crew! Oh man, Spider-Man has never been more exciting! Come one Chuck, give use some Superior mates, you know you want to.

Edited by Kostisfire

But I bet most people here will struggle to name the members of the 2099 X-Men without looking them up.

X-Men 2099: Cerebra, Skullfire, Krystalin, Lunatica, Meanstreak, Xian, Serpentina, and Metalhead.

X-Nation: Wulff, Nostromo, December, Willow, Uproar, Clarion, and Sister Nicholas and the Sisters of the Howling Commandments.

I know I'm missing a few members in there but that's off the top of my head without looking any up. While I agree that some of the storytelling wasn't stellar many of the characters have looks that would make wonderful figures. Still they're about as likely to be made as an Adam X The Extreme and Gideon pack.

I'd be cool with a 2099 Spidey in a two-pack, doesn't have to be a boxset, just need that Spidey. If there was a 2099 boxset though I'd definitely buy it, like the first day. Would also love a 2099 doom, hulk, ghost rider. Yeah Zach I'll live without having a Ravage, I remember enjoying it but don't remember much about it. Not the best character design also. Was glad Stan was writing again though.

So there are still lots of variants left to be made, maybe soon? A few I'd wanna see would be the legendary Cap-Wolf, Spider-Hulk, Albert half-cyborg Wolverine, Weapon X Wolverine (shocked he hasn't been done yet!)

Yeah Kostis, loving Superior! Haven't followed Spidey in new issues in years (mid-90s) but I'm all in on Spock. Was REALLY opposed to the concept when I heard about it but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Funny how at works out, was the same with Winter Soldier when I heard about that originally and these 2 stories are probably my favorites of the last decade or so. Shows how good writing can elevate a possibly questionable concept. Love seeing how Spock handles situations differently than Peter and how others react to him. Also his arrogance can be very entertaining, like Walter White that may be his undoing.

As far as Ock himself I know most would now consider Goblin the top Spidey villain, but growing up in the 80s and early 90s it was definitely Ock. Norman Osborne had been gone for years when I started reading and Harry in Spec was great but Ock was that guy. Remember too that Ock was the first villain to ever defeat Spidey in the earliest issues. Spidey Ock is a muIti-layered, entertaining character. I was so pissed initially but now I'm actually dreading Pete coming back!

Wave 51 Spock arrived today btw, can't wait to open it!

But I bet most people here will struggle to name the members of the 2099 X-Men without looking them up.

X-Men 2099: Cerebra, Skullfire, Krystalin, Lunatica, Meanstreak, Xian, Serpentina, and Metalhead.

X-Nation: Wulff, Nostromo, December, Willow, Uproar, Clarion, and Sister Nicholas and the Sisters of the Howling Commandments.

I know I'm missing a few members in there but that's off the top of my head without looking any up. While I agree that some of the storytelling wasn't stellar many of the characters have looks that would make wonderful figures. Still they're about as likely to be made as an Adam X The Extreme and Gideon pack.

Lunatica? Nostromo? The Howling Commandments? Those are some names dude, LOL

Supposedly there's a new Spidey 2099 ongoing in the works. And Marvel brought several Spidey and Doom 2099 trades back into print in the past year. I think the line is remembered pretty fondly, even if it didn't do much with its strong start and ended badly. And yeah, Spidey 2099 looks a lot different than Pete, but the GR, Doom, Hulk and Punisher designs are all recognizable as takes on those 616 characters, so I think they'd sell fine. It was actually Spidey 2099 that got me into Minimates many moons ago.

I'd be cool with a 2099 Spidey in a two-pack, doesn't have to be a boxset, just need that Spidey. If there was a 2099 boxset though I'd definitely buy it, like the first day. Would also love a 2099 doom, hulk, ghost rider. Yeah Zach I'll live without having a Ravage, I remember enjoying it but don't remember much about it. Not the best character design also. Was glad Stan was writing again though.

So there are still lots of variants left to be made, maybe soon? A few I'd wanna see would be the legendary Cap-Wolf, Spider-Hulk, Albert half-cyborg Wolverine, Weapon X Wolverine (shocked he hasn't been done yet!)

Yeah Kostis, loving Superior! Haven't followed Spidey in new issues in years (mid-90s) but I'm all in on Spock. Was REALLY opposed to the concept when I heard about it but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Funny how at works out, was the same with Winter Soldier when I heard about that originally and these 2 stories are probably my favorites of the last decade or so. Shows how good writing can elevate a possibly questionable concept. Love seeing how Spock handles situations differently than Peter and how others react to him. Also his arrogance can be very entertaining, like Walter White that may be his undoing.

As far as Ock himself I know most would now consider Goblin the top Spidey villain, but growing up in the 80s and early 90s it was definitely Ock. Norman Osborne had been gone for years when I started reading and Harry in Spec was great but Ock was that guy. Remember too that Ock was the first villain to ever defeat Spidey in the earliest issues. Spidey Ock is a muIti-layered, entertaining character. I was so pissed initially but now I'm actually dreading Pete coming back!

Wave 51 Spock arrived today btw, can't wait to open it!

Superior is a pretty much a book about an evil genius that isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Team-Up 5 showed exactly that and it was oh, so good!

Supposedly there's a new Spidey 2099 ongoing in the works. And Marvel brought several Spidey and Doom 2099 trades back into print in the past year. I think the line is remembered pretty fondly, even if it didn't do much with its strong start and ended badly. And yeah, Spidey 2099 looks a lot different than Pete, but the GR, Doom, Hulk and Punisher designs are all recognizable as takes on those 616 characters, so I think they'd sell fine. It was actually Spidey 2099 that got me into Minimates many moons ago.

From my point of view it's some kind of a cult classic nowadays and yeah, a spider-man 2099 ain't too far. Also, I'm glad to see another fellow who got into mates because of Miguel!

Edited by Kostisfire

What, am I the only one that likes the concept of Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos re-imagined as Nuns with Cable sized guns? The real sad thing is, if I give it some thought, I could probably describe the X-Men 2099 and X-Nation looks, powers and a bit of their back story.

Slott is nuts (in a good way)! Superior Team Up 5 was great (technically it's Yost's book but he and Slott work together on the Superior story as a whole)!The Superior Six, SpOck's all new team!, Miguel! The Wrecking Crew! Oh man, Spider-Man has never been more exciting! Come one Chuck, give use some Superior mates, you know you want to.

Yeah, Team Up was amazing (Save for 2 issues I had.. 1. Who is Mysterio now, since the original I believe got trapped in earth 1610, and 2. Ugh, Why does the Ultimate universe bleed into every facet of 616? I miss Electro's silly campy outfit. Lightning tattoo'd on his face, and he turns into blue energy.)

I just want an X-face Cyclops. sad.png

Its my biggest want nowadays.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

Yeah, Team Up was amazing (Save for 2 issues I had.. 1. Who is Mysterio now, since the original I believe got trapped in earth 1610, and 2. Ugh, Why does the Ultimate universe bleed into every facet of 616? I miss Electro's silly campy outfit. Lightning tattoo'd on his face, and he turns into blue energy.)

>I just want an X-face Cyclops. sad.png

Its my biggest want nowadays.

Mysterio is just a random guy who bought the identity from Kingsley.

I thought my idea for a Spider-Man Noir two-pack with Hammerhead was an easy sell, especially considering how much Chuck likes Spider-Man, but Zack said something a while back that made me think that that has never been even remotely close to on the table.