UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 18

Zak Katz

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rikfenix, on 06 Jan 2014 - 23:12, said:

Based on the passing of the movie waves and the annual box set I'm concerned about minimates at TRU in general so I will ask pointedly: Aside from the mentioned possible GOTG movie will there definitely be another comic-based wave? Should we be concerned?

I really don't know if there will be another comic-based wave this year, but I'm not privy to all of the purchases made by customers. Be concerned if you think a few less characters at TRU warrants alarm.

Can you say if we 're getting any new X-Villains? There are a LOT left to do.

I don't know offhand, but I don't think any are NEW. Edited by DSTZach

Based on the passing of the movie waves and the annual box set I'm concerned about minimates at TRU in general so I will ask pointedly: Aside from the mentioned possible GOTG movie will there definitely be another comic-based wave? Should we be concerned?

I really don't know if there will be another comic-based wave this year, but I'm not privy to all of the purchases made by customers. Be concerned if you think a few less characters at TRU warrants alarm.

:( :( :(

If it means more Sentinels, Idon't mind a DoFP set.

If not, Logan/Kate/Mystique/Destiny?

I would *LOVE* that set, but i don't think we'll see a Marvel box set with 3 females anytime soon. The closest we've come in the Marvel line is 2 women in a 4-pack.

Still - a Brotherhood set might not be far off....

>Can you say if we 're getting any new X-Villains? There are a LOT left to do.

I don't know offhand, but I don't think any are NEW.

I bet it's Bulked up Apocalypse from Wave 50 Fan Choice voting.

Have we seen tray shots for this wave yet? I know the corresponding Specialty wave (54) had tray shots released.

Also - does Zach, is there anything underneath Goldtrons slip-mask like there is under Conqueror Ultron?

Oooooh - i hope note. When 'Classic' box set was mentioned, my heart jumped at the thought of either a GSXM 4-pack that included Banshee & Sunfire, or a Brotherhood pack with Greensilver & Mastermind or Destiny/Pyro/Avalanche.

I didn't think about ti possibly being the previously announced x-force set :/

If there is a classic set of brotherhood. It has to include Toad a everyone knows he is the last minimate that will be produced before the Apocolypse

Cheers Gillbob this is the only image I can find of this poster

ToadPoster.jpg

Funny looking at that poster nowdays. It shows Havok, Mysetrio and yes Toad who I wouldnt list as A's in the Marvel U but No Ironman, Hulk, Cap Am or Thor.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Not sure if the news has been mentioned here on the boards yet, but it was just recently announced that a younger version of Toad will be featured (probably in a small capacity) in XMDFP. I'm sure that exposure won't hurt the chances of us eventually getting him as a mate (even if it's another Blob situation)...

I have been after that poster for years. At one point I had an employee at DST looking for me, but this was before DST owned Art Asylum. No luck...

It appears Wolverine Wave and Wave 17 finally showed up at my TRU, but 16 never made it. The clearance seems to have gone well at my store, because there were a few Walking dead and a hand ful of SF, but nothing else on the pegs. Of wave 17, only a couple of Hawkeye/BW packs were left and only one pack of Wolverine wave was left. No exclusive stickered packs.