UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 18

Zak Katz

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound like an ingrate but is there a reason why Thor doesn't have bulked up arms?

That would look really disproportionate. Thor doesn't have a super muscled physique or anything, he's just big all over. Big arms would look really, really off.

comics_thor_god_of_thunder_marvel_now.jp

THose arms look preeeeeettttty big to me. Wolvie's always crouching so that doesn't bother me as much.

Just curious, does thor come with extra chainmail arms? It seems like he goes between the sleeved and sleeveless look in the comics a lot right now

Edit: didnt see em when i first looked in the pic, now i do, dst you guys rock!

Edited by undeadpool

But look at the rest of him. Those thighs are tree trunks, his chest is a barrel, and he's tall. If you want THAT Thor, he'll need bulky parts all over.

Pretty proportioned there.

I'm all for a Bigger Thor. He's supposed to be able to go toe-to-toe with the Hulk and the Thing. Our Thor looks kinda weak.

Even though they were once similar in size in the comics, they haven't really been drawn that way for a long time. Modern Hulk often towers over Thor.

ultimate_thor_vs_hulk_by_greenelantern-d

even in the movies, he's significantly bigger.

HulkThor.jpg

I know Minimates aren't exactly scale accurate - but i think i'm pretty content with Thor remaining un-bulked.

Edited by Nessex

I don't know where one finds gifs...but lets share a second to reflect on that moment where Hulk hits Thor..... :) hahaha that's good stuff

Officially movie Hulk is established as being a around 9 feet tall. Thor, I believe, is supposed to be around 6'3"

Comics depends on the artist.

Thor isn't a bulked up character. With that logic we'd have to bulk up cap, wolvie and most superheroes since pretty much all of them have huge muscles. Maybe if the 3" mates were still around it could be done. Watcher and Onslaught type characters would use the 3" body, Hulk style characters would use the 2.5" body, spidey type characters would use the plain 2" body and thor,cap, wolvie type characters could use the 2" body and some add on pieces. Tough, as it is now, a bulked up thor would look strange.

Thor isn't a bulked up character. With that logic we'd have to bulk up cap, wolvie and most superheroes since pretty much all of them have huge muscles. Maybe if the 3" mates were still around it could be done. Watcher and Onslaught type characters would use the 3" body, Hulk style characters would use the 2.5" body, spidey type characters would use the plain 2" body and thor,cap, wolvie type characters could use the 2" body and some add on pieces. Tough, as it is now, a bulked up thor would look strange.

I don't agree (obviously) because even though Cap etc are strong they aren't Thor strong. The issue I think is with the two inch scale. Seeing Thor have the same size arms as Wasp is off putting to me. Perhaps he doesn't have to be as bulky as Hulk but maybe an inbetween.

I don't agree (obviously) because even though Cap etc are strong they aren't Thor strong. The issue I think is with the two inch scale. Seeing Thor have the same size arms as Wasp is off putting to me. Perhaps he doesn't have to be as bulky as Hulk but maybe an inbetween.

Depend on the artist actually. Others draw Cap with muscular arms but not to big while others draw him bigger. For example, modern thor doesn't have huge arms either. They are the same size as Wolvie's in some panels. Ultimate Thor was drawn bulkier tbh. Spidey has at times been drawn slendy and strong and other times as really muscular and big.Joe Mad draws wolvie with huge arms but that doesn't mean that he needs bulked up arms. I think that some printed veins on bare arms would do the trick. Or maybe a slightly bigger arm piece. But really, you can't expect minimates to have that much "faith" in the source material. For example, Vader is a lot bigger than Leia but if sw mates were to happen they'd be roughly the same size.