UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 2013 Fan Poll Boxset still happening?

The JC

He says heavy a lot. In the future there must be some problem with earths gravitational pull.

Also I just finished watching Justice League the Flashpoint Paradox and its pretty much point for point the second half of age of ultron except its saving someone in the past instead of killing them.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Degan, Flashpoint was published before AoU also, I found Age of Ultron extremely disappointing, though I'm still bitter due to personal bias (one day AoV will be real....one day)

@undeadpool - Right Flashpoint was published a while ago, but I just watched the animated movie and the structure of it reminded me how similar it is to AoU. Or I guess you could say how similar AoU's second half is to it. (At least the animated version, personally I found the Flashpoint crossover too broad and drawn out with too little time spent on the myriad of main characters. So the animated version condensing everything into an hour and a half and refocusing the story really improved it. IMHO) The movie was good though, and I would recommend it.

@Valo487 - I haven't read X-Force, but I have been reading Uncanny Avengers and the little boy Apoc has been a large plot point in that series as well. Have you read it?

Edited by DeganUAB

In the Pym-less future the entire Earth is embroiled in a war of Magic which left most of Europe decimated, and the last defense against it is killed in a nuclear explosion that destroys New York. That is not better than everyone basically being fine albeit with a few less people keeping their mutant power IMHO.

True, but what if the end result of the war of Magic is that the good guys win, Europe and New York are magically fixed, all the good guys magically restored and a great evil is forever vanquished? This was just a snapshot of the future present but it's not like it couldn't be magically undone. How many times has New York been destroyed and yet remains unaltered? My argument is that mucking with the timestream is inherently bad as evidenced by Wolverine breaking the entire Marvel multiverse. Kind of hilarious, actually, as there seems to be twelve of him running around the Marvel universe anyway.

Here is a mind bender. Does the Pym-less universe still exist? Does it still exist in another timestream even though Wolverine undid what he did? If so, did Wolverine create a new timestream or did it always exist? If it still exists, how do we know Wolverine even returned to 616 after killing Pym? Perhaps he just shunted over to another timestream. How would he even know?

@undeadpool - Right Flashpoint was published a while ago, but I just watched the animated movie and the structure of it reminded me how similar it is to AoU. Or I guess you could say how similar AoU's second half is to it. (At least the animated version, personally I found the Flashpoint crossover too broad and drawn out with too little time spent on the myriad of main characters. So the animated version condensing everything into an hour and a half and refocusing the story really improved it. IMHO) The movie was good though, and I would recommend it.

@Valo487 - I haven't read X-Force, but I have been reading Uncanny Avengers and the little boy Apoc has been a large plot point in that series as well. Have you read it?

I fell behind, but I really liked what they did with him in X-Force.

Well I won't spoil the currently shipping comic, but there are definitely ramifications to his choices is X-Force regarding Apoc.

Regarding potential better timelines, I don't think that it was better. I think it was intended to be the "see you think it's better, but really it's much worse!" Kind of place like in a lot of what if stories.

In regards to does it exist. I don't know. Do you know if the different marvel universes are alternate realities or different different earths?

Well I won't spoil the currently shipping comic, but there are definitely ramifications to his choices is X-Force regarding Apoc.

Regarding potential better timelines, I don't think that it was better. I think it was intended to be the "see you think it's better, but really it's much worse!" Kind of place like in a lot of what if stories.

In regards to does it exist. I don't know. Do you know if the different marvel universes are alternate realities or different different earths?

I assumed they were all alternate realities given the eXiles and Deadpool Corps. One could presumably leave one reality and show up in another as Dark Beast did (coming from AoA reality to 616 continuity).

Ok so apparently AoA happened on an alternate earth and not in the prime earth. I wiki'ed it since I was not familiar. And the exiles all feature popping around from 1 alternate earth to another like the show Sliders.

So from that I would say that the alternate timeline present in AoU ceased to exist when the crossover ended since it was an alternate timeline of the prime earth and not an alternate dimension such as the world of the squadron supreme.

Maybe at some point they'll say that alternate timelines become their own dimensions, but presently I don't think that's the case.

I kinda want to read AoA now.

Ok so apparently AoA happened on an alternate earth and not in the prime earth. I wiki'ed it since I was not familiar. And the exiles all feature popping around from 1 alternate earth to another like the show Sliders.

So from that I would say that the alternate timeline present in AoU ceased to exist when the crossover ended since it was an alternate timeline of the prime earth and not an alternate dimension such as the world of the squadron supreme.

Maybe at some point they'll say that alternate timelines become their own dimensions, but presently I don't think that's the case.

I kinda want to read AoA now.

Alternate timelines are their own dimensions, X-Force recently went back to the Age of Apocalypse to get a celestial seed that was destroyed on the 616 Earth.

And you should read AoA - it was a really good, coherent alternate universe story. Just don't bother with anything that comes after X-Men: Omega.

Since it's pretty much 90% confirmed that this is an Age Of Ultron box set (i doubt they'd release an ultron bot and not ultron and we've had all these cluse from Zach which point in this direction) what do you expect to see. Realistically speaking. I expect the poll to contain:

Ultron (with some add-ons to create the different "armors" from the covers)

Battle damaged Spidey (it's been a long time since we got a bd mate)

Vision (with add on parts to make the imprisoned look)

Sue (though i hope she doesn't win since it'd be pointless without the rest of the ff and the new outfits aren't the future foundation ones we got in 2010)

Moon Knight (the lesser know character of the group)

Updated Nick Fury (he'll go along nicely with the cap wave)

@slipstream - AoA is now retconned to have been an alternate earth altogether rather than an alternate timeline/reality of the prime (616) earth. Earth 212 or something. So X-Force traveling there would be like going to the Squadron Supreme earth.

To the topic at hand, if AoU is a Boxset and only one boxset rather then it being announced that it is a companion set to a Direct Market exclusive ala AvX then I would say the following would be interesting choices:

Ultron (differing parts) Since we already know we're getting a revamped villian then I would think he fits

Luke Cage - haven't had him in a while

Sue - she was a huge influence on the comic and the other huge influence (Wolverine) is being made in a TRU 2 pack. (Maybe they could include an alternate torso piece with her FF costume just to be nice)

A new Goliath with modern bulking up pieces would be my favorite (Have to have the timeline breaker)

Any combination of the Alternate timeline Defenders / Stark charcters would be interesting, but they may only be made if there's a second box set.

Also the rest of Kostisfire's picks are great

I don't know how you can say it's "90% confirmed" to be AoU. Honestly, the fact that Wolverine is in the TRU wave makes me think it might not be AoU at all. On the other hand, they might be hoping that the box set and two pack will be on the shelves at the same time, and compliment each other. Who knows....wacko.png

I don't know how you can say it's "90% confirmed" to be AoU. Honestly, the fact that Wolverine is in the TRU wave makes me think it might not be AoU at all. On the other hand, they might be hoping that the box set and two pack will be on the shelves at the same time, and compliment each other. Who knows....wacko.png

Yup, nothing I've seen so far has implied "90% confirmed." Still keeping fingers crossed for something classic.

As much as I know we'll get him for free so to speak I'd like wolverine in his recent horsemen guise. Hulk's a given though because he's awesome. Also another angel would be great. I would really like sentry too.

In today's Q&A, someone asked about a potential Angela Marvel Select figure, and Chuck replied they haven't asked Marvel about doing a figure of her. I'm guessing that extends to a Minimate that might go in the 90% confirmed AoU box set, as well?

In other news, why do people want an Angela figure, again?

Edited by Lobsterman

Since they did two box sets based on avx last year and also covered some ground regarding fear itself i though AOU would be a lock. Releasing only wolvie and an ultron bot (which while nice could use a lot more detail) and not ultron seems like the "messenger" for the actual box set. If it's not AOU i can't think of anything else that covers the all A-List characters thing except Infinity which hasn't properly started yet so having a poll would mean spoiling something from the storyline to an extent.

Edited by Kostisfire

Speaking of Age of Ultron, did anyone notice that will be Avengers 2? Before we get "Ant-Man?