UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

Zach I know you've already given us hints for TRU 17, but any chance we could get a similar hint-system for this wave? at least to specify the speculation a little tongue.png

Edited by undeadpool

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it was a lot of highly fan requested characters and it was themed. What more do you want?

Two of the figures lost the fan poll. How's that?

Zach you are too good to us...now to scour the fan poll losers

SOOOOOO many wants from the fan polls.... Mojo... Gladiator... Stepford Cuckoos... Does Banshee count? i mean, technically, he won - but got bumped for the variant.

No Toad, sorry, but right now the assortment has two heroes (one never made), four villains (three never made) and a villain army-builder (highly requested). We'll see if that changes.

I said it was a lot of highly fan requested characters and it was themed. What more do you want?

Two of the figures lost the fan poll. How's that?

Here are the poll characters, with the MMMV poll totals provided for the "losers."

Heroes

Cyborg Spider-Man

Ghost Rider

Hydro Armor Iron Man (53 votes [13.52%])

Iron Man 2020 (31 votes [7.91%])

Mutated Thing (Extra-Rocky) (19 votes [4.85%])

Savage Grey Hulk (bulked up) (58 votes [14.80%])

Team X Wolverine (32 votes [8.16%])

Werewolf Captain America (57 votes [14.54%])

Mates

Banshee (73 votes [24.33%])

Black Knight II (37 votes [12.33%])

Commander Steve Rogers (15 votes [5.00%])

Falcon (modern) (44 votes [14.67%])

Gladiator (Shi'ar) (26 votes [8.67%])

Luke Cage (modern) (13 votes [4.33%])

Songbird

Winter Soldier (29 votes [9.67%])

Villians

Abomination (10 votes [4.50%])

Apocalypse (17 votes [7.66%])

Baron Strucker (14 votes [6.31%])

Baron Zemo

Mojo (51 votes [22.97%])

Onslaught

Vengeance (13 votes [5.86%])

Wrecker (21 votes [9.46%])

Army Builders

Dire Wraiths (7 votes [4.35%])

HAMMER Agents (13 votes [8.07%])

Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic) (38 votes [23.60%])

Mandroids (23 votes [14.29%])

Mindless Ones (11 votes [6.83%])

Nova Corps Centurions

Stepford Cuckoos (31 votes [19.25%])

Warwolves (14 votes [8.70%])

With this wave coming on the heels of Thor 2, and just before Cap 2, unfortunately I think we can rule out:

Winter Soldier

Falcon

Commander Rogers (w 51)

Baron Strucker

Wrecker

Leaves the Hulk characters, if you ask me:

Grey Hulk (poll loser)

Red She-Hulk

Wendigo (Army Builder)

Abomination (poll loser)

Doc Samson

Zzaxx

A-Bomb

Although, this means a loose interpretation of the Hero/Villain role.

So, if it's only TWO from the polls, that's either our Falcon/Winter Soldier pack OR Banshee and another poll choice character. Unless we're talking this wave only, and there's more poll "losers" in the TRU waves :)

Also, whatever happened to all the Thor supporting cast? Around the first movie, we got Balder, Beta Ray Bill & Sif, Fear Itself got us Odin, so where's our comic-version Warrior Three?

For a Thor-themed wave, I'd love to see

Fandrall & Hogun

Volstagg & Thor (with Thor-Frog scale PVC similar to Lockheed)

Enchantress & Executioner

Surtur (variant is Heimdall) with Frost Giant

or eliminate the army builder and make them two SDCC four-packs!

Yes, of course I want the Wrecking Crew and others, but I want more Asgardians for a separate display.

I'm totally with you on wanting those thor supporting cast/villains. Sadly, although when I thought it was a hotchpotch and saw the number of villlains in this wave I had hopes of an enchantress/executioner pack I think any thor love is unlikely now. He doesn't fit into a corner of the MU that contains 2 obvious poll losers, though I still hope we see some more thor characters very soon.

Having said that, this wave and TRU17 still sound pretty exciting. Either the captain America, hulk or mutant corners of the universe seem likeliest to me. Personally I hope it's the cap one and that falcon is among the choices, though some of the hulk figures mentioned (especially doc Samson) would be welcome. With all those villains I would have expected it to be the brotherhood but I can't see that happening if toad isn't included. Either way I'm enjoying the little clues though - it makes it much more interesting than just announcements out of nowhere.

I would love to see more comic based Thor characters, but I think the fact that they haven't even finished the movie Warriors Three yet, I believe that we won't be seeing their comic versions for quite some time.

They've already confirmed they will be completed with the Thor 2 minimates, so I'm really thrilled about that.

But a comic-styled Volstagg would be EPIC! And if my Thor wishlist doesn't meet the wave 54 criteria, I would be suitably okay with it being pushed to wave 55 :)

What's exciting is that every one of us could plan out an epic wave or more of all-new never made minimates for every corner of the Marvel Universe (more if we include necessary updates on pre-existing mates). From FF, Spidey, X-Men, Thor, Daredevil, Iron Man, Avengers, Captain America, Cosmic, Mystic, etc. We're discussing wave 54 and there's no sound or barrel-scraping anywhere to be heard for another decade! (and in another decade, imagine how many more movies, costumes & storylines there will be!)

I could honestly see myself collecting Marvel Minimates for the next 30+ years. Sorry for the Wall O' Text, but just the mention of more items checked off my wishlist gets me excited and happy to be a Minimate collector :)

I'm still leaning towards Avenger-themed with the start of the Wrecking Crew being in there.

And after reading about half of the Waid run of Daredevil so far, I can see where the appeal is, but I still stand by what I said. Currently, DD isn't memorable in the sense that it adds nothing to the Marvel Universe. Great writing, solid artwork and a unique take on DD and his powers, but no one will be talking about specifics of this run once it's over. They'll talk about how great the Waid run was, but there probably won't be huge impacting standout moments. People talk about the Bendis run or others' crack at DD, but really their stories don't have much bearing on Marvel comics in general (at least not comparred to most other books). The villains are still the same old forgetable villains he's always had and regardless of what they do most aren't iconic enough to garner a figure of any sorts. And I'm glad to see Zach agree that the wishlists aren't pouring over with demand for DD stuff. Nice book, but still a bland character when it comes to marketing.

Edited by groundhog7s

i thought Zach said this was hodge podge? or is that just TRU 17?

personally I expect this to be a mix of characters who will sell well, losers of the fan poll, and maybe a few fan requests

Im pretty sure Zach said it would have a majorly wanted villain army builder, which Im guessing is classic Multiple Man, who could then be packaged with Mojo (Spiral as a variant?)

i do imagine seeing a Falcon/Winter Soldier pack because both characters have been in the media a lot lately and will continue to be

other than those, my guesses are kinda up in the air