UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Break Until June

greetings Minimaters, have y'all got all your Iron Man 3 sets yet? Picked up those Disney exclusives? You got the Moose and the Bat?

now we get a nice little vacation until a pretty healthy June filled with Hulk thru the Ages, Walking Dead Series 3, Star Trek Legacy, Marvel Series 51, and then the Star Trek Enterprise vehicle. Not to mention Marvel Series 50 on July 3rd.

So whaddya guys gonna do in the meantime? anybody got a spare three hundred bucks?

I'm holding off as well. My wife just gave birth to our son (last Sunday) and he finally got to meet his big sister (who just turned two). So my 'fun money' and free time is dramatically cut back- hence the minimate cookbook site (medusa was featured today) I'm doing to still get in some custom fun in-between his diaper changes and nap time.

I'm really want to get Shanna, "Sauron", and Onslaught- Maestro looks awesome too- but I just want him from that set. No rush for me but I do miss the thrill of the hunt.

If recent history is any indication, TRU's Iron Man 3 assortment won't show up in these parts for another month so, yeah, I'll be on a Minimates fast until then.

I may do a little foraging for quick customs or work on some displays but I really should be stashing cash for all the Trek, Marvel, Walking Dead, and SDCC goodness coming this way.

(And congrats to Jeff!)

I was optimistic about IM3 mates at my TRU because they got Wave 15 fairly quickly. However, we appear to be back on the last to get schedule.

This is really a bad sign for me since it seems that I buy extra mates when there's nothing new out. I always see good deals and can't pass them up, but then have no time to work on trades or resale. This weekend I cleaned up our porch and found I have extra complete sets of MvC3, SFxT, DC mates, a complete LotR set and a mostly complete one and a mostly complete set of Ghostbusters. And also a complete set of all 3" Minimates made. All extras. I suppose I could take the time off to deal with all of those, but I'm betting the list will just grow while I wait.

I just tilled the hell out of my front and backyard. The grubs and dandelions thought they had won the war, but they were wrong. Now I can spend some extra $$$ on rebuilding my lawns.

Deep space nine seasons 1-7, that should just about do it

Haha! That's what I've been doing. Last October, I hurt my back pretty seriously and couldn't walk for about a week. I started rewatching DS9 then. Now I've just got one more episode before that final long run of back to back Dominion War episodes that closed out the series. Such a good show. And it turns out that it's actually better than I remembered it being.