UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

HELP - L.A. Expendables Collectors!

Anyone in L.A. have a Hale Caesar Minimate they could deliver to Burbank today? I can replace it.

Alternatively, anyone know of a comic/specialty store in the LA area that definitely has the first set with Hale Caesar in stock? Any info appreciated. Too early for me to make any calls.

Edited by Zach Oat

Thanks for the link.

I'm hoping that any of the big stores in the Burbank area -- House of Secrets, Things From Another World -- will have them, and I can have someone just run there and grab them. Maybe even have them delivered. But right now I don't even know what they have in stock. Need to wait until later in the day to call.

Knowing the TRU in Burbank is pretty good helps, as well. Not for Minimates, but for the 7-inch figures.

You might want to check Legacy comics in Glendale (just north of the Galleria). It's been a while since I've been there, but they do have a pretty solid selection of minimates.

Or, you can check a place in the Burbank Town Center... Area 13 (or something like that). They're more of a collectable toy store and might have it.

If I had one I'd drop it off. Alas, I'm no help.

Just saw this thread. I'm in Burbank right now, but my Terry Crews Minimate is back home. I know the Tonight Show tapes at around 2pm so I probably wouldn't have time to go get it. Plus I'm at work...

Sounds like you found a solution, but if this situation comes up again, Zach, let me know via PM or email. If I get some lead time, I can have any Minimate in the hands of a studio fairly quickly.

I'm also kicking myself because if I'd checked MMMV before leaving for work today I could have done it. Damn!

I have all of the Expendables Series 1 Minimates in my possession. (I wish I had Series 2, but I never got samples and they sold out VERY quickly.) BUT I saw the request this morning. I live in New York. Leno tapes in LA. MAYBE if I'd checked my work email at 5:30 last night, when the request came in, I could have had Luke overnight a set. Hopefully it will all work out. Need to tape it tonight.

I've got Leno on. I haven't seen his show in a few years, and man. . .his schtick feels even older and more tired than I thought it would. Guy really does need to move on IMO.

Crap I could have helped on this one but I left LA at 6am for Vegas! I even go to the Leno show lot on occasion, I have a buddy on the show who's soon gonna be out of a job when the show moves to NY. If only it had been yesterday I could have delivered to the set!