UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2013 Minimate News

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what Pathfinder is.

Basically it’s Dungeons and Dragons (like a table top role play game, with dice and stuff), it’s becoming fairly popular so the license could be a fairly good ‘get’ if gaming shops carry them.

Totally missed that pic! They llok great and I think they at least offer amazing custom fodder parts. If that bearded warrior guy will come with a sculpted beard - and I mean better than that pirate beared which I don't think was that good - I need multiples of him.

Now that i'm back from school i can give you some of my thoughtS (not that anybody cares):

Wave 50:The zemos look awesome as always.Ghost rider and onslaught are the best 2pack in this wave in my opinion.Nova looks good and i might buy multiples.Songbird turned a lot better than i expected!Spidey is another nice variant.Overall a fantastic wave!

NOW! wave:Kinda underhelmed.I expected spidey to have a lot more muscle detail.Since it's my second favourite look for him (mcfarlane is the first which dst hasn't nailed yet) i expected for this mate to be awesome.Nova,sauron and shana are really good representations of the characters but could use some more accessories.The shield army builders are always welcome and nick and maria look spot on!Overall a 50/50 wave that i'll purchase but it could have been better.

NOW!Tru:Iron man's black and gold armour became one of my favourites so i'm happy to see it.I'll probably pass on pf emma and piotr.I don't care that much for scarlet witch but this outfite is really well made and i like that cap suit.Hulk looks really good though i'd like some more add on armour pieces.Honestly this wolverine is a major fault.His out fit is not that different and we are getting a wolvie four pack with an almost intentical outfit.I would much rather have seen thor or deadpool in his place.Overall a 50/50 wave.I'll purchase all of the packs except maybe from the pf 2pack.

INVINCIBLE:This a spectacular box set!

Walking dead:I really like the zombies and all the extra sculpted parts and accessories.I buy this line due to the civilians and army building zombies.As always i'll buy the lcs wave and the box sets and if i happen to come accross the tru sets i'll snag them too.

Thief of thieves:More civilian mates.They might be boring but they are great use fo background characters.

Star Trek: Everything looks great! Another awesome line that i'll have to collect both the tru and lcs wave!

Pathfinder:I don't really know what it is but those mates look great!I hope the line moves forward since it's basically a wow/elder scrolls type of story and setting and could give us some truly stunning mates.Speaking of stunning.....

Tomb raider:The biggest surprise of the show for me!All those sculpted parts and details look stunning! I hope it gets approved and we get more tr mates from other games.I hope this sells well and gives dst more confidence to look for some more video game licences.

Overall for the first day everything turned out pretty awesome.I hope we see aliens,more ghostbusters and the marvel movie mates today!

Overall, very impressive.

I don't see any close ups of this, but what's the GB set artwork on the left in the background of?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery2/album/TF2013-Diamond-Select-Toys/1360553301-77.php

The main guys in their gb 1 uniforms but ray and egon have some marsmallow dough in their heads.That means new mates! Since i skipped all the others these are great news for me! I hope they relaunch the line properly.

Overall, very impressive.

I don't see any close ups of this, but what's the GB set artwork on the left in the background of?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery2/album/TF2013-Diamond-Select-Toys/1360553301-77.php

Looks like the 4 Ghostbusters from the first movie, with the Marshmallow goop hairpiece on 2 of them. They dont look bulky, so maybe we are getting our wish?

Whatever ghostbuster related makes me happy.The real gb stuff were too cartoony and colourfull for my taste so more movie stuff is great!I watched the 2 movie recently and my interest has sparked.I wish they would go into the idw comic line.That way we could get more ghosts,characters,etc...Tonight will be an awesome night!

Am I the only one wondering what's with all the TMNT imagery? Is this a neighboring booth, or is there another reveal we haven't seen or heard of yet?

1360553301-44.jpg

That seemed strange to me too. I don't think the Playmates booth is close to dst though. Edited by Kostisfire

Words cannot express my shock and disappointment at no Hawkeye or Captain Marvel, especially considering we're getting Hulk, IM, Cap, and another Wanda this soon. That's my main gripe. That out of the way...

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about this, too. I expected the TRU wave to have a lot of the heavy hitters in it, but Wanda is not the token fan favorite I was hoping for. There are lots of new NOW look costumes to cover, so I hope they eventually get to Hawkeye and Carol.

Am I the only one wondering what's with all the TMNT imagery? Is this a neighboring booth, or is there another reveal we haven't seen or heard of yet?

No, I was wondering that, too. Dare we dream?!?

I just realized that there are no Universal Monsters Minimates on display. I'm not too surprised, but am a little shocked they're not even being solicited at all.

And just who is the woman with Glenn in the TRU TWD pics?

Isn't that Andrea?

I also thought that UM were conspicuous by their absence. Also, no Munsters Minimates; Kinda thought we'd see a box set.

I just realized that there are no Universal Monsters Minimates on display. I'm not too surprised, but am a little shocked they're not even being solicited at all.

And just who is the woman with Glenn in the TRU TWD pics?

Isn't that Andrea?

I also thought that UM were conspicuous by their absence. Also, no Munsters Minimates; Kinda thought we'd see a box set.

It was mentioned in the Walking Dead thread that that was Carol (which makes a lot of sense considering it looks like she comes with the zombie tied to the pole)

I hate to be a party pooper, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the reveals.

None of the newly-shown Marvel stuff grabs me as I was also somebody hoping for a new Captain Marvel.

I could care less about Tomb Raider or that table top game set. Maybe they'll have some neat parts, but I don't know the source material so I'm not excited.

Star Trek looks neat... but I followed ToS the most, so it looks like I'll have to wait in hopes for more.

All the Kirkman stuff looks great, though, and I'm still very excited about the Lost in Space and Aliens licenses.

... seeing all those neat Universal Monsters figures and being told there won't be any more minimates still really chaps my ass.

Edited by Mystery Man

I hate to be a party pooper, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the reveals.

None of the newly-shown Marvel stuff grabs me as I was also somebody hoping for a new Captain Marvel.

I could care less about Tomb Raider or that table top game set. Maybe they'll have some neat parts, but I don't know the source material so I'm not excited.

... seeing all those neat Universal Monsters figures and being told there won't be any more minimates still really chaps my ass.

I have to say, I agree though I will add Invincible, Walking Dead and Star Trek to the second paragraph. Admittedly the Nick Fury Jr/Steve Rogers combo fig is great and I am likely to get two of him now so I can display both versions. The Marvel Now Iron Man looks good as does the Hulk so if they're in a two pack together I will probably get them.

I am hopeful for more Ghostbusters after that art someone noticed and a comment Zach made elsewhere :D

to be fair, Zach told us they wouldnt be having as big a turn out as last year, so tons of stuff shouldnt have been expected. I am excited about the stuff we did see. Also I didnt expect to see everything on the first day, I could see them revealing some more new stuff before Toyfair is over

today is now officially the second day right? hopefully more pics soon!