UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are way cooler after seeing the movie. I hope Viper has some accessories, and is that Mariko's father, or fiancée in the grey suit?

But comic Viper may be of use to you down the road.

ooooh I thought of that! i just can't think of any previously released minimate with the movie Viper's hair

With some paint, the Mary Marvel hair might work. It kinda has that pulled back on the sides look, with the poof up front.

With such the huge cast of popular characters, I imagine it will be difficult for DST to narrow their assortment down. If you think not getting a Silver Samurai in the Wolverine line was tragic, I can see plenty of characters being left out of this line.

It IS awfully nice of Singer to tweet all these reference images for AA though. cool.png

Not just Silver Samurai. With Hogun and Fandral still not getting produced for Thor 2, yeah, I expect some characters just won't make it. That sentinel looks cool though. Really looking forward to whatever DST does with it.

Edited by Turtle

Much rather have real characters than a Sentinel.

Most characters from the First Class wave can be skipped this time, stick their heads on bodies from this movie and vice versa.

Might get more of a complete line-up this way.

Based on the p[ics, i'd really like a movie Bishop. I hope some of the characters that got missed in earlier films might get minimates from this one too (Shadowcat, Magneto etc...)

Most characters from the First Class wave can be skipped this time, stick their heads on bodies from this movie and vice versa.

I think it's a certain bet we won't get a complete lineup. As such, I'd rather see a cool-looking character like a Sentinel army builder take a spot in this wave over someone I logically know is Shadowcat but who looks like a civilian in a black leather costume like all of the other black leather costumes. I think that's been the weakness of some of the movie waves – the characters just don't look very exciting. In the First Class wave, over half of the wave were people in identical jumpsuits. In the Wolverine wave, we have a ninja (fun!) and six people in street clothes.

Edited by Lobsterman

Not just Silver Samurai. With Hogun and Fandral still not getting produced for Thor 2, yeah, I expect some characters just won't make it. That sentinel looks cool though. Really looking forward to whatever DST does with it.

I just keep praying that they can get the license to make this guy at 8 inches and that frees up another slot for somebody else since odds are we will only see 2 waves of these.

I think it's a certain bet we won't get a complete lineup. As such, I'd rather see a cool-looking character like a Sentinel army builder take a spot in this wave over someone I logically know is Shadowcat but who looks like a civilian in a black leather costume like all of the other black leather costumes. I think that's been the weakness of some of the movie waves – the characters just don't look very exciting. In the First Class wave, over half of the wave were people in identical jumpsuits. In the Wolverine wave, we have a ninja (fun!) and six people in street clothes.

Good point, I forgot the lack of 'flair' some movie waves have.

... I think that's been the weakness of some of the movie waves the characters just don't look very exciting. In the First Class wave, over half of the wave were people in identical jumpsuits. In the Wolverine wave, we have a ninja (fun!) and six people in street clothes.

AMEN!!! I know Zach has said that in order to produce these mates in time for movie releases, they sometimes need approval before final costume design/concepts can be seen-- but you'd think they'd rather wait a bit longer for designs that sell/are visually interesting. Especially when trying to appeal to multiple demographics/the product is being released after movie opening, anyway.

No negativity meant/hope they do well-- just not that excited for a wave of street clothes.

Edited by emperorshotz

Like IM3 mates, my interest has peeked after seeing the movie. Once you know the characters it makes them more desirable. Anybody wish there was a bear in the two pack with long hair Logan?