UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best Minimates of 2012 - Award show now on p.6

We talked about this in the preparty thread: Worst Minimates were dropped because few people voted in those categories. Truth is, there just aren't that many bad Minimates that deserve to be called out anymore. But if it makes you feel better... I OFFICIALLY DECLARE BOOM-BOOM TO BE THE WORST MINIMATE OF 2012. Happy?

nooooooooooo121111.jpg

so much hate for poor old Boomer.....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We talked about this in the preparty thread: Worst Minimates were dropped because few people voted in those categories. Truth is, there just aren't that many bad Minimates that deserve to be called out anymore. But if it makes you feel better... I OFFICIALLY DECLARE BOOM-BOOM TO BE THE WORST MINIMATE OF 2012. Happy?

Somebody's forgetting TRU "Skinny Legs" Iron Man. :)

No, I remember him, I was just trying to get the reaction I got out of Nessex.:lol:

It's just such an ugly Minimate. That costume...:sick:. In an era known for ugly costumes, she still stands out. She's the Barry Bonds of fugly.

Edited by hellpop

She's the Barry Bonds of fugly.

So, wait. She... used banned fugliness-enhancing substances to become the fugliest, although under normal fugly performance standards she might not have been the fugliest? :teehee:

No, it's more that in an era notorious for fugliness, her fugliness towers over her contemporaries.:biggrin:

Hey, don't kill the category on my account. I believe I only said that I would love to share such a brilliant comic strip (and such a great showcase of our brand) with the masses, but I probably wouldn't because of that category.

I do think the "worst" categories are unnecessary, though. I mean, it's not like the worst categories brought humor that wasn't already present -- the whole strip is full of laughs, starting with the red carpet. I actually stop laughing at the "worst" categories. There's a reason most award shows don't have them.

Also, while "Best" can be conceded based on a set of standards, if not empirically quantified, "Worst" is a lot harder to agree on. You guys don't get a lot of nominees in the first place, but if there were more, I am willing to bet the voting would be all over the place. You may hate Iron Man for his technical issues, but how do you compare that to a Boom-Boom costume you don't like, that maybe shouldn't have been made?

I would never ask the community to change because of me, but feel free to change for the benefit of Minimates, and the glorification of the Multiverse.

Eh, I don't think you had all that much to do with it, Zach. If anything, you might have been the tipping point, but that's about it.

Just got my ballot in; I'm sure it differs from most, in that it's entirely Walking Dead free (save for the zombie-specific category). Three 'mates really dominated for me: MODOK, Hawkeye from the Avengers box set, and Lion-O. Hardest category for me, strangely, was best wave; I just didn't feel like there was a wave that totally fulfilled all my minineeds this year. I ended up voting for MvC TRU wave 3, because it had several of my favorite 'mates (MODOK, that cool white dog, Dr. Doom). Meanwhile, there were at least a 1/2 dozen box sets I could have voted for. It feels like things have really tipped towards the box sets.

Just to clarify again, neither Zach Oat nor DST had any influence on my decision to cut the "Worst" categories. I was all numbers and statistics. Believe me, I've done all the ballot tabulations and each year (that I've hosted the show) the number of votes for the worst category have dropped. Last year's "worst" votes were few and far between. A good chunk of multiversers DIDN'T even bother to cast votes in those particular categories. Heck even "Sexiest" minimate didn't appeal to some of you (hence why I amended that category to Beauty Queen of the Year, to make it less creepy and more widely accepted). The worst categories are a little harder to modify. How does one rephrase the term "WORST" to get more people to vote? It's not easy. I'm just doing what I think is in the best interest of the MMMV. This show has always been about celebrating the love we ( the Minimate Multiverse) have for those awesome 2" block figures. I have never promoted the show outside of this forum as I believe it is solely intended for US. If DST wishes to promote this year's award show on their own, they are more than welcomed to. Who am I to stop them? Besides, would increasing the awarness of this website be such a bad thing? Not in my book.

One thing I can promise, the humor will still be there and I will be poking fun (Minibar style) at all the winners and runner-ups. You just have to trust me. ;)

Edited by MINI_MYTE

No, I remember him, I was just trying to get the reaction I got out of Nessex.:lol:

It's just such an ugly Minimate. That costume...:sick:. In an era known for ugly costumes, she still stands out. She's the Barry Bonds of fugly.

My bad. I thought Nessex's mad love for everything 90's peaked with Sinister. :)

We better stop talking about her then, or Nessex might approach...wait for it...MELTDOWN. B)

Also, while "Best" can be conceded based on a set of standards, if not empirically quantified, "Worst" is a lot harder to agree on. You guys don't get a lot of nominees in the first place, but if there were more, I am willing to bet the voting would be all over the place. You may hate Iron Man for his technical issues, but how do you compare that to a Boom-Boom costume you don't like, that maybe shouldn't have been made?

Agreed. The latter would still qualify for the Ugliest / Scariest Minimate category. The former would be for the now defunct Worst Minimate award.

We better stop talking about her then, or Nessex might approach...wait for it...MELTDOWN. B)

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

*sigh*

i asked for that, i guess.

To be fair, I wasn't just trolling you, Nate, but all your 90's comics lovin' brethren as well.:biggrin:

Just to clarify again, neither Zach Oat nor DST had any influence on my decision to cut the "Worst" categories.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply I was involved in the decision.

I have never promoted the show outside of this forum as I believe it is solely intended for US. If DST wishes to promote this year's award show on their own, they are more than welcomed to. Who am I to stop them? Besides, would increasing the awarness of this website be such a bad thing? Not in my book.

It is possible to stop the great Zach Oat, you know. (Anyone? Anyone?) And I could certainly understand why you guys might want to keep this little slice of heaven relatively secret, and keep your poll results and in-jokes about Boom Boom to yourself. I just love the awards, and am proud to work for a company that inspires such creativity and dedication in others. But I can read it in secret and not invite a bunch of strangers into your house. Your call. Well, Mini-Myte's call, I guess, as he can always post it elsewhere.

Edited by Zach Oat

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to all of you MMMV members, now that the forum is up and running again, you need to start getting those votes in. Remember, every vote cast can make a difference. Don't let your favorites fall by the wayside.

rockthevote.jpg

Just finished tabulating a whole whack of votes collected from the week. New leaders have emerged in certain categories and others have further cemented their commanding leads established early on.

Keep those votes coming my way.

1334250874-today.jpg