UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Army Building Pros

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I have other plans for displaying my mates once I get space to, I've considered selling all of the stands I've gotten so far. Getting 50+ with the Chitauri has really added to the pile quite quickly. And after opening all of those packs, I'm still wondering why there's only one stand per 2 characters.

LEGO stands

I've suggested a few times at the Lego Store that they would benefit from selling stands loose in those bins with individualized parts. I would probably go with those if they were more easily available.

Ground Hog,

May I buy your 50+ stands, or however many you own/willing to sell?

Thanks folks,

Appreciate the tips, I actually use a Yellow Putty that they sell at Michaels for posters. To keep hair pieces and the earlier mates without holes in the feet to display.

Edited by highassroller

I buy army-builders when DST makes it easy to do so. I have a shitload of Cylons but not nearly as many Marvel minions as I'd like. Maybe AFX or some other retailer should look into the possibility of offering 4-packs of AIM soldiers and the like. Otherwise I have little interest in acquiring an army of Captain America 'mates just because I'd like a platoon of SHIELD agents.

I don't have any massive amount of troops, but I do tend to have a little ocd about having even numbers. So I keep a running tally of mine handy so I can check whenever I get the urge to acquire more. Yes, the odd numbered ones bug me. :)

Troop builders (current quantity)

• AIM Soldier (Wave 25) - 7 (missing 1 big gun)

• S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent (Wave 27 Ultimates) - 2

• Skrull (Wave 28) - 7 (missing 1 holster/gun)

• Hydra Agent (Wave 29) - 8

• Vault Guard (Wave 30) - 7

• Multiple Man (Wave 31) - 2

• Kree Soldier (Wave 32) - 8

• Sentinel (Wave 33) - 4

• Hellfire Club Guard (Wave 34) - 10 (missing 1 gun)

• Hammer Drone (Wave 35) - 6

• Hammer Drone (Battle Damaged) (Iron Man 2 Single Packs) - 1

• Tactical Assault Drone (Iron Man 2 Single Packs) - 4

• Sea Assault Drone (Iron Man 2 Single Packs) - 4

• Air Assault Drone (Iron Man 2 Single Packs) - 4

• Ground Assault Drone (Iron Man 2 Single Packs) - 4

• Dreadnought (Wave 36) - 6 (+1 incomplete)

• Doombot (Wave 37) - 4

• Hand Ninja (Wave 38) - 6

• Frost Giant 1 (Wave 39, Thor Single Packs) - 6

• Frost Giant 2 (Thor Single Packs) - 4

• Asgardian Guard (Thor Single Packs) - 9

• Hydra Infantry (Wave 40, Captain America Single Packs) - 4

• Hydra Soldier (Captain America Single Packs) - 4

• Hydra Flame Trooper (Captain America Single Packs) - 4

• Hydra Pilot (Captain America Single Packs) - 4

• Nimrod (Wave 41) - 2

• Kronan Stone Man (Wave 42) - 6

• Atlantean Soldier (Marvel Minimates - Toys R Us Two Packs (Wave 8)) - 2 (1 missing helmet)

• SHIELD Agent (Wave 43) - 8

• Kree Sentry (Wave 44) - 6

• Chitauri Footsoldier (Wave 45) - 8

• Chitauri General (Wave 45) - 6

• Sentinel (Marvel Vs. Capcom Minimates TRU Wave 2) - 4

• Super Skrull (Marvel Vs. Capcom Minimates Series 2) - 2

• Lizard (SWAT) Trooper - (Wave 46, The Amazing Spider-Man movie) - 4

This shot is especially impressive -->

Ranks1.jpg

I'm not even close to being able to compete with some of the more accomplished army building pros on here, but I do have a few small collections going... 50 some odd Cylons, 27 AIM Soliders, a dozen or so Skrulls... I also picked up a few army dumps for each movie that has had them. I've got so much stuff going on right now that I can't dig them out and take the time to do new photos, but I do have some old shots of my AIM troops and Thor army dumps...

post-37-0-79671700-1341350133_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-58588300-1341350152_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-80012000-1341350164_thumb.jpg

I must concur with groundhog. The dearth of imagery in this discourse is deleterious to my sensibilities.

I kicked in a photo. Not sure why everyone else is scared. :sweat:

Dang Donny, its no wonder why I cannot find an AIM soldier... :thumbsup:

I try to make sure all my troops have a commander, which is another troop slightly altered (even just removing a helmet) to stand out from the rabble. I only have Marvel displayed right now, as I'm trying to pack to move in the next 6 months.

6 Asgardian Guards & Heimdall

11 Frost Giants

9 Atlanteans & 1 commander

Jamie Madrox & 10 dupes

4 Doombots

9 Hellfire Club Guards

8 Sentinels, 4 Nimrods, 1 Mastermold (MvC3, but considering grabbing a few more, since they're peg-warming at pretty much every TRU I go to - now watch, they'll be gone now that I want them)

6 Kree, 4 Kree Sentries

6 Skrull soldiers, 7 sleeper agents, 1 Super Skrull (I know I had more of the original release, and am trying to find them), and Kl'rt (MvC3)

5 Chitauri & 4 Generals

8 Hand Ninjas (all dressed/armed differently)

3 Sea Assault Drones, 3 Tactical Assault Drones, 2 Air Assault Drones & 1 Commander (the one with Rhodey didn't come with the jetpack), 3 Ground Assault Drones, 2 Hammer Drones & 1 Commander (battle-damaged)

9 AIM Agents & 1 commander

3 Kronan Stone Men (& Korg, but he's with his Warbound, Hulk, not the soldiers)

9 Vault Guards & 1 commander

8 Hydra Grunts (though I have pieces for a ninth, Vision got the arms & legs to be non-phased) & Hydra Bob, 3 Infantry, 3 Flame Troopers, 4 Pilots, 7 Soldiers, & 9 Dreadnaughts

7 Howling Commandos (Ultimate SHIELD), 7 SHIELD Agents, Jimmy Woo, Jasper Sitwell, Clay Quartermain, Gabe Jones, Dum Dum Dugan, & Nick Fury

Oh, and while they're all completely different figures, 30 Iron Man suits & Tony Stark, 2 Iron Man suits & 2 War Machine suits & James Rhodes, lol.

I got 6 ASM SWAT & 4 Captains to go with my MAX Police (10 male, 3 female) & T2 SWAT (no numbers right now). I'm looking for more MAX Wave 2 Law Enforcement (with the chest tampo), if anyone wants to help.

Edited by TENIME_art

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, not really into that kind of thing. Man, this thread took a serious turn for the weird.

And they didn't cost as much as you'd think. Okay, well maybe, but it wasn't supposed to turn into what it did.

:lol: Not my cup of tea, either, but everyone has their price.

Adoption? :tongue: