UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Fan Poll -Speculative for now

WookieFodder

But what REALLY makes me suspicious is that NONE of them made the villain poll.

Yeah, that's what has me thinking there's a strong case for the Brotherhood. Almost every character we've been whining about over the past year or two made it into the wave 50 poll, except Toad, compounded with the whole "he was on the poster" thing. Then again, he could just as easily be planned in wave 48 or 49, or not at all, and is just not on the radar.

I really don't think it's Alpha Flight, as that team doesn't have a great anchor character to build around. Throw a FA Magneto in the poll, though, and i think TRU would sign off.

PS. All that said, I still acknowledge the fact that it could perfectly easily be something else. I'm just saying I think Brotherhood has as good a chance as anything. Perhaps slightly better, given they were all completely snubbed in the villains poll.

PS2. Also, I feel the need to remind everyone of the characters poll. Which Zach has acknowledged using as a guideline for the official polls. Top 10 villain votes were...

45 - Zemo

35 - Blob

32 - Toad

31 - Pyro

29 - Silver Samurai

28 - Mojo

26 - Enchantress

26 - Wrecker

26 - Bulldozer

25 - Thunderball

Not only were the next 5 slots after Zemo X-Men villains, but Mojo made it to the real poll. And yet Blob, Pyro & Toad were all passed over, despite getting more votes, and also being X-Villains. Is this suspicious to NO ONE but me!? lol...

Here are the top 10 heroes btw... for comparison's sake...

41 - Falcon

41 - Winter Soldier

32 - Banshee

31 - Mockingbird

30 - Morbius

29 - Black Knight

26 - Songbird

25 - Heimdall

25 - Volstagg

24 - Deathlok

Five of them (including their top three) made it onto their poll.

Edited by Gillbob316

I hope you are right Gilbob, but with waves 42, 44 and 45 being Avengers,43 & 46 being Spidey, and 47 X-men, I think there is a good chance waves 48 and 49 will be Hulk, Daredevil, andor Space themed.

I'm putting money on a Hulk wave. Hulk was the break out surprise star of the Avengers movie at the same time DST would be planning those waves...

Alpha flight is the afx set. You can cross it out from the tru list.

HOW do you know this? O_o

In the 10th anniversary interview brought alpha flight as an example which could be splitter in a 4 pack and in 1 or 2 two packs. We already have two characters in a 2pack. If it was the tru box set then they wouldn't know which to put in the 2pack so it is already planned. Anyway the tru poll goes up this week at tru.

In the 10th anniversary interview brought alpha flight as an example which could be splitter in a 4 pack and in 1 or 2 two packs. We already have two characters in a 2pack. If it was the tru box set then they wouldn't know which to put in the 2pack so it is already planned. Anyway the tru poll goes up this week at tru.

That is still speculating man, certainly not even close to set in stone.

What I meant to say is that it is already planed which characters will be in the box set,be it SDCC or nycc. It's speculation sure but it's kind of confirmed,like halo 4 was before e3 2011.

That is still speculating man, certainly not even close to set in stone.

Why are people insisting that ROM isn't going to happen? Hasbro is notoriously Marvel-friendly. I'm sure an agreement could be reached that would benefit all parties.

Because Rom is owned by Parker Bros, and even though they aren't doing anything with him, they apparently asked for an outrageous fee when Marvel inquired about buying him not too long ago. Quesada talked about it at a panel Q&A (I think); unfortunately, I can't find where I read that. But trust me, my memory is infallible :ermm:. Rom was kinda-sorta mentioned without being mentioned in Annihilators, though.

Maybe when Hasbro gets around to the inevitable ROM feature film... :rolleyes:

And I don't know how long ago the inquiry was made but with the recent layoffs at Hasbro, it might be worth another try. Sometimes a change of characters in a company like that can make all the difference.

Top 10 villain votes were...

45 - Zemo

35 - Blob

32 - Toad

31 - Pyro

29 - Silver Samurai

28 - Mojo

26 - Enchantress

26 - Wrecker

26 - Bulldozer

25 - Thunderball

Here are the top 10 heroes btw... for comparison's sake...

41 - Falcon

41 - Winter Soldier

32 - Banshee

31 - Mockingbird

30 - Morbius

29 - Black Knight

26 - Songbird

25 - Heimdall

25 - Volstagg

24 - Deathlok

Five of them (including their top three) made it onto their poll.

A handful from these lists would still be a huge win for us!