UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men: Days of Future Past (aka XM:FC Part Deux)

Lurch77

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was a little cheesy. So Logan was there at the school on a day to basis, teaching students, while Xavier was just biding his time waiting for his Logan's consciousness to catch up with current day so they could talk about it? That's a little creepy...even for Xavier. :)

It's been a few years since I read the original story, but what the hell happened to Kitty's phasing power? Was that just a plot convenience for the movie? It would have made more sense to have Blink use Bishop to amplify her portals and create a one-way portal for 1973. It would have made Logan's risk/trip more dramatic knowing there was no way to undo the trip and they could have avoided the clichéd BTTF wake up ending. Kill future Logan in the past (sacrificing himself to reunite Erik and Charles) and end the movie with the scene from X-Men 1 with Charles meeting Logan "for the first time", but have Magneto be there too, showing that Future Logan successfully altered history. It would have brought a proper close to the original Singer X-Men movies without affecting whatever they want to do with the First Class team in Apocalypse.

My 2 cents.

Yeah, it was a little cheesy. So Logan was there at the school on a day to basis, teaching students, while Xavier was just biding his time waiting for his Logan's consciousness to catch up with current day so they could talk about it? That's a little creepy...even for Xavier. smile.png

The way I see it, Logan's "conciousness" returned to his "present" body, it just happened to be a random day at the Institute. Otherwise, Logan was acting as normal Logan as he has progressed since the retconned events of... X2? Xavier read Logan's mind as he walked into the room, and processed what has happened.

But Logan still had the grey hair when he woke up which indicated it was Future Logan, but the future just wasn't bad anymore. I think they were indicating that, despite the retconning of events that transpired in the movies, a considerable amount of time had still passed since the timeframes of X2/X3.

I saw this last night. Loved it! I thought it hit all the right notes, gave us a nice segue-way into the next series of films, provided great drama, tension, and resolution, had amazing acting, and it totally fit with the spirit of the comics. The humorous stuff worked, the dramatic stuff worked, the action worked. Quicksilver was great, young Mags and Prof. X were still great, Wolvie was pretty great. Just. . .great. Better than Winter Soldier, so there.

I'm mixed, better than I expected but not as good as it should have been given the source material.

Silence you!

HOLY C@RP!

Wow - i just. I'm over the moon with this film. It's not without it's faults, but damn i enjoyed that. Quicksilver, who's promo protography made his costume look ridiculous, fit in wonderfully and had one of the most entertaining scenes in the entire film.

I wouldn't want to spoil anything for anyone, but i recommend staying till the end of the credit :P

Dammit, it looked like there wasn't going to be anything at the end, and we left early. Guess I'll have to hunt down a bootleg video of it somehow.

The costumes were pretty terrible in general, but I didn't find myself concerned with them at all during the movie, because I was so wrapped up in what was going on. The Sentinels were very effectively portrayed I thought.

It's not 'essential viewing', and my partner rolled his eyes at me for making us stay through the credits (again), but i was tickled pink.

Edited by Nessex

I caught it on Youtube. That's actually not a character I'm very familiar with, as I stuck pretty exclusively to X-Men over X-Factor as a kid. I might pick up some of the stuff he was in before the movie so I'll have more backstory. I also want to re-read DOFP now that I've seen the movie, to see how much was kept and ignored.

It's not 'essential viewing', and my partner rolled his eyes at me for making us stay through the credits (again), but i was tickled pink.

I didn't stay for the end scene; anyone care to spoil or point me to a summary?

I hear a lot of people saying Apocalypse may be the next movie, but all I could think about during the movie was a House of M movie focused on Fassbender as Magneto. At the climax of First Class, Magneto tells Shaw that he agrees with Shaw's vision of a world ruled by mutants, but says he must kill him because Shaw killed his mother. Although the "Days of Future Past" Magneto had joined forces with Charles, I see nothing in the new timeline that would force Magneto to change his heart and unite with Charles.

I'm also terribly confused about some things. Because of DOFP, the X1-3 movies never happened, right? Or rather, they only happened for the consciousness of the now 2023 Wolverine? What happened to the Wolverine that went to bed in a hotel off Time Square in 1973 but woke up after being dredged up from the Potomac River and disappeared in 2023? If a good Raven took Wolverine before he could be put into the Weapon X program, how would Wolverine get his adamantium claws? In fact, the entire adamantium claws thing is a big mess. He lost those claws in "The Wolverine" which took place after X3. So how did he have them again in the DOFP future?

Personally, I'd like to see a Fassbender-as-Magneto movie set in 1983. To hell with the X1, X2, X3 and Wolverine story lines.

The footage as i remember it went something like this:

The camera pans above sand dunes to reveal hundreds, maybe thousands of people bowing and chanting 'En Sabah Nur! En Sabah Nur!'.
As the camera closes in we see large pieces of stone flying through the air and come together to form one of the pyramids of Giza.
The pieces are seemingly being manipulated by a cloaked figure whose thin, pale hands are raised into the air. The camera moves around him to show his young, grey face & blue lips. On the dune behind him, for men on horse back watch on ominously.

It was emant to be the young version of Apocalypse. As an adult villain, he has appeared in almost every major X book at some stage, and actually got his start in the early X-Factor books.

And if rumours are to be believed, the next x-film will feature

a team of X-Men from the 80's featuring Gambit & Nightcrawler battling against apocalypse.

Edited by Nessex

X-men Apocalypse is confirmed be set in the 80s with young versions of Storm, Scott, Jean, Tatum's Gambit and Singer said that he wanted to use Nightcrawler in DOFP but cut the scene so he was planning on including him in this film