UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men: Days of Future Past (aka XM:FC Part Deux)

Lurch77

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Emma in XOW could also have been a cuckoo. They were, after all, in a facility that was experimenting on mutants in order to create weapons. I'm pretty sure that's how the cuckoos came about in the first place.

There's no reason they can't write in something basic like Emma's diamond form stops her from ageing. The longer she stays in it, the longer it takes her to age. Alternatively, perhaps there's an option for the characters to have kept in a frozen state or some such. They can pretty much wrtie away whatever they want to.

Again, I have not seen XOW in a while, but does anyone actually reffer to her as Emma by name? Never mind what the cast list says, or what the clear intent is, unless someone on camera calls her Emma it's easily ignored. Unless some geek (one of us) told a casual fan (them) who she was suppossed to be, they wouldn't know.

In FC, she's named, all her powers defined, and there's no way around it.

Thus the girl in XOW had powers like Emma, but it wasn't Emma. She was Silverfox's sister, Dances-On-Tabletops.

Again, I have not seen XOW in a while, but does anyone actually reffer to her as Emma by name? Never mind what the cast list says, or what the clear intent is, unless someone on camera calls her Emma it's easily ignored. Unless some geek (one of us) told a casual fan (them) who she was suppossed to be, they wouldn't know.

In FC, she's named, all her powers defined, and there's no way around it.

Thus the girl in XOW had powers like Emma, but it wasn't Emma. She was Silverfox's sister, Dances-On-Tabletops.

The credits just say "Emma/Kayla's Sister" so they could just say she was the original Cuckoo as Nessex suggested.

With X-3, Fox got exactly what it wanted: a big action movie sequel on it's chosen release date. Despite I don't remember how many different directors fired, or however many times the was redone, the release date wasn't movable. So congratz, Fox, you won, and managed to produce a movie so bad that almost killed your entire franchise.

And apparently they learned their lesson, if they had not Wolverine 2 would not have been repeatedly push back as it has, they would have stuck to their original schedule, quality be damned. (doesn't mean it still might not suck, but at least it has a better chance at not now)

• 4 months later...

Judging from a the newly announced characters (2 in particular) i wouldn't be surprised if this film had very heavy elements of the

AoA Story. Blink was a major fan favourite from the cross-over and Bishop was kind of the key to unlocking what had happened and how to fix it.

Also - now i REALLY hope the Wolverine minimates do well so that we have a shot at DOFP minimates.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

x-men-days-of-future-past-sentinel-bryan

So Bryan Singer has officially posted a photo of a stand in special effects sentinel and I personally think its awesome; hear me out before you murder me.

I fully appreciate the fact that Bryan Singer will at-least have some form of special effects sentinels in the film because personally a real life sentinel is a lot more scarier then a cartoon {CGI} Sentinel. Now obviously I suspect that this is only a display model that they will use for photos and maybe in TRASK labs during the film. I do agree that details are extremely scarce and needs much work in post production if this will be the look of the sentinels in the final battle.. but I doubt that it will be and suspect we will get full out comic looking ones when they are CG'D in because lets be honest a Hollywood production in 2013 using special effects in a big battle? That could be risky and Hollywood hates risks...

EDIT: I dont know if the photo is working or no so I'll just link it here http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/x-men-days-of-future-past-sentinel-bryan-singer-set-photo.jpeg

Edited by darkredshdow

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For over 10 years, I have held and defended X2: X-Men United as the best comic film of all-time. Even after Spider-man 2, Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Avengers and Captain America 2, it was still X2 for me.

Not anymore.

There's a new king, and incidentally, it's from the same franchise - X-Men: Days of Future Past! The movie was perfect - action, humor, drama, characterization and comic mythos.. paying homage to previous X-films.

Great great movie!

Once again, Fassbender and McAvoy steal the movie with the scenes they appear together in. Sad that there were fewer of them than in First Class. I also like how Wolverine is not actually the complete center of this film dramatically. Yes he is the instigator of events, but the development was really in Xavier and Mystique. Made for a great X-Men movie like First Class was instead of great Wolverine movies. Really good watch. Go for it.

Wait, this is out? Then why the bloody heck does the sound track not come out for another 2 weeks?! I've been wanting to buy this for a month!

[shrugs] It came out today/last night. Really good too.

I'm mixed, better than I expected but not as good as it should have been given the source material.

I liked the action in the "future" story, but felt the "past" Charles/Erik stuff was drawn out too long given the 2 hour runtime...too much retread of their agendas, and yet another Magneto double-cross. I was really excited when Charles and Erik were reunited and Charles punched him, the relationship seemed very genuine between the actors.

I actually would have preferred they split this into 2 movies, one detailing more of the future struggle with the original crew (and new characters) ending with Logan being sent to the past. The second would have picked up from the past and dealt with the First Class crew only going "back to the future" at the end.

This would also have allowed us to get 2 unique waves of 'mates.