• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Thing beat out Hulk for a place in the 'best of' wave as well (sorry if this has been covered)... someone over at DST really likes him!

I've absolutely no need for a spikey Thing, but that best of one is perfect.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing beat out Hulk for a place in the 'best of' wave as well (sorry if this has been covered)... someone over at DST really likes him!

I think he was left out because there was a lot of Hulk coming out around then. We've gotten three Hulks (and a Red Hulk) in the past year, and only that one Thing, if my count is correct. Plus, we have a Hulk through the Ages box set coming up! So clearly we love the Hulk as much if not more. If this Thing wins (I don't think it will), I doubt we'll see more than one Thing released between now and its arrival next year.

Wasn't there a month when Marvel did Deadpool variant covers for all their regular titles? That's not a B-lister move. And if we're talking about being on the A-list means regular people know who you are, why is Ghost Rider considered one? just because he's had two movies doesn't mean people know who he is. Not saying I don't like him on the list, but you have to define who the target audience is that defines the list.

And if Cyborg Spidey makes it, Deathlok as a variant would be cool (although seeing him as the troop builder would be even better).

Congrats, Groundhog! You've just come up with the worst argument for A-list status I've ever heard. :biggrin: Seriously, Marvel will use any excuse to make variant covers; it's one of the only sales strategies they have left.

I wouldn't look at this list as A-List characters as much as major characters... think of it as a mix of As and Bs. Anyway, this is, as always, a silly, pointless debate.:tongue:

In my book both ghost rider and deadpool are A-listers. Know why? People in Greece know him. Yep,if the people who never read comics or go to the movies know you,then you're pretty famous in my book. Also he got minimated like what,3 times in one year? He appeared in cartoons,he starred in the hulk vs animated movie,starred in mvc3 and other video games,had a crapload of figures and appeared in wolvie's movie. Same goes for gr. He's marvel's most famous dark superhero alongside blade.

GR is an A-lister due to incessant movie marketing alone. Deadpool is a low A/strong B. He's as famous as you can get without getting a Happy Meal toy. I didn't include him, because this year was like Deadpoolooza, and I haven't heard many people ask for any alternate looks.

I think everyone I put in the poll is worthy of a mate -- not having plans for them doesn't mean this is their only shot. If someone is as worthy as you say, then people will vote for him or her. Or maybe we'll look at them in the future.

Thunderstrike is definitely worthy, and he got one. No Quasar yet, right?

And the Thing is famous! Sure we've made a few lately, but we've made a lot more Thors. I'm surprised people are asking where Thor is.

And I'm going to try not to make the variant an A-Lister. But we'll see how the votes shake out.

And, just like that, Gladiator was dropped from next week's poll.

I'm tempted.

I see what you did there. :biggrin:

Nope, no Quasar yet.:sad: But, as this is a chance to pimp my custom... well, here's my custom. :thumbsup:

Wasn't there a month when Marvel did Deadpool variant covers for all their regular titles? That's not a B-lister move. And if we're talking about being on the A-list means regular people know who you are, why is Ghost Rider considered one? just because he's had two movies doesn't mean people know who he is. Not saying I don't like him on the list, but you have to define who the target audience is that defines the list.

And if Cyborg Spidey makes it, Deathlok as a variant would be cool (although seeing him as the troop builder would be even better).

Congrats, Groundhog! You've just come up with the worst argument for A-list status I've ever heard. :biggrin: Seriously, Marvel will use any excuse to make variant covers; it's one of the only sales strategies they have left.

I wouldn't look at this list as A-List characters as much as major characters... think of it as a mix of As and Bs. Anyway, this is, as always, a silly, pointless debate.:tongue:

Hey, just sayin' where was the Thing month of covers. That's all.

And for the record, I totally get the reasoning behind each choice ont he list and I think it's perfect the way it is. But, I love silly, pointless debates.

I can't believe I have to wade through pages of discussion of A vs B listers.

Focus!

I think he was left out because there was a lot of Hulk coming out around then. We've gotten three Hulks (and a Red Hulk) in the past year, and only that one Thing, if my count is correct. Plus, we have a Hulk through the Ages box set coming up! So clearly we love the Hulk as much if not more. If this Thing wins (I don't think it will), I doubt we'll see more than one Thing released between now and its arrival next year.

I know champ, just messin'. Though, seeing as you love Hulk as well... make sure we get this Grey version!

In my book both ghost rider and deadpool are A-listers. Know why? People in Greece know him. Yep,if the people who never read comics or go to the movies know you,then you're pretty famous in my book. Also he got minimated like what,3 times in one year? He appeared in cartoons,he starred in the hulk vs animated movie,starred in mvc3 and other video games,had a crapload of figures and appeared in wolvie's movie. Same goes for gr. He's marvel's most famous dark superhero alongside blade.

GR is an A-lister due to incessant movie marketing alone. Deadpool is a low A/strong B. He's as famous as you can get without getting a Happy Meal toy. I didn't include him, because this year was like Deadpoolooza, and I haven't heard many people ask for any alternate looks.

I'd like these alternate looks for dp:Ultimate,the sleeveless black,grey and red one,pou armor deadpool,the other x men costume and the ones when he had a crisis.

Have a werewolf army.

You do realize that was pretty much the villain's plot in the Cap-Wolf storyline, right? That and getting his hands on Jameson's Moon God Stone. (which sounds a lot dirtier written out of context like that.)

I'd like these alternate looks for dp:Ultimate,the sleeveless black,grey and red one,pou armor deadpool,the other x men costume and the ones when he had a crisis.

See, now I can not picture a single one of those looks in my head. B-lister.

Though, seeing as you love Hulk as well... make sure we get this Grey version!

Win or lose, I think he has a pretty good shot!

See, now I can not picture a single one of those looks in my head. B-lister.

Though, seeing as you love Hulk as well... make sure we get this Grey version!

Win or lose, I think he has a pretty good shot!

I meant the pig armor version. In my book he's an A lister. Maybe A-. Last year he had more books than cap. Dp corps,dp,dp max,uncanny x force,dp and cable.

Having more books doesn't make Deadpool an A-lister, i've said this before. Hawkman has had tons of books, and that's because sales can;t keep one of them going.

Deadpool is famous for the fact that he's self-aware and intentionally a parody of sarcasm. He's popular because he's supposed to be annoying, not because he's A-list. The A-list is for "iconic" heroes and villains, NOT based on sales and number of appearances. Like i said, he only had that Variant Cover Month to promote his book and because he is self-aware.

That said, ANY Ultimate looks, even Wade, are absolutely fine by me.

Zach, if you can manage to get the rest of the original Ultimates (Clint, Tasha, Wanda, Pietro, Hank, and Jan) it would be absolutely AMAZING. Begging here. :unsure:

Having more books doesn't make Deadpool an A-lister, i've said this before. Hawkman has had tons of books, and that's because sales can;t keep one of them going.

Deadpool is famous for the fact that he's self-aware and intentionally a parody of sarcasm. He's popular because he's supposed to be annoying, not because he's A-list. The A-list is for "iconic" heroes and villains, NOT based on sales and number of appearances. Like i said, he only had that Variant Cover Month to promote his book and because he is self-aware.

That said, ANY Ultimate looks, even Wade, are absolutely fine by me.

Zach, if you can manage to get the rest of the original Ultimates (Clint, Tasha, Wanda, Pietro, Hank, and Jan) it would be absolutely AMAZING. Begging here. :unsure:

I didn't mean that he is an A lister because iconic.He is just as famous as many A-listers.And yeah,many books don't make someone an A-lister.

Yes but Deadpool had a ton of books going at the same time. If you're saying Hawkman keeps getting cancelled and rebooted, that's a whole different thing.

Like i said, he only had that Variant Cover Month to promote his book and because he is self-aware.

I've never heard that before, more that it was a blatant cash grab because Deadpool sells comics, same as the Wolverine cover month.

I think Deadpool is an A-lister to anyone who reads comics, because he's inescapable. To the general public, probably not. Lucky them!

Yes but Deadpool had a ton of books going at the same time. If you're saying Hawkman keeps getting cancelled and rebooted, that's a whole different thing.

Like i said, he only had that Variant Cover Month to promote his book and because he is self-aware.

I've never heard that before, more that it was a blatant cash grab because Deadpool sells comics, same as the Wolverine cover month.

I think Deadpool is an A-lister to anyone who reads comics, because he's inescapable. To the general public, probably not. Lucky them!

Deadpool Corps was out at about the same time, and most covers had things like Squrrielpool and whatnot (mandatory in a Squirrel Girl set, BTW), so it's rational to assume.

Deadpool Corps was out at about the same time, and most covers had things like Squrrielpool and whatnot (mandatory in a Squirrel Girl set, BTW), so it's rational to assume.

These covers are the ones I'm talking about, I guess one of them was Squirrelpool but I'm not sure why that makes the event not just a quick cash grab based on his (ridiculous) popularity. Anyway, I can't stand Deadpool, so I'm going to stop arguing about him now! :lol:

Focus people! The purpose here is to trick Zach into revealing who will be in the next group of polls, not debating the merits of Dooshpool. Let's look at where we stand so far:

1. 95% choices will be NEW characters

2. Wrecker may be in the villain poll

3. Zach seems to be drawing character ideas from MMMV members.

So let's take a stab at the Support Team:

* Falcon

* Rocket Racoon

* Doc Samson

* Squirrel Girl

* Quasar

* Gladiator

* Tigra

* Guido

Primary Targets (Villains):

* Zemo

* Toad