UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates 50: What's Your Dream?

hellpop

Steve Rogers Captain America/Blonde Wing-helmet Thor

‘Mean Green' Hulk/'Classical Armor' Iron Man

Peter Parker Spiderman (red is slightly different)/Spider-clone Ben Riley as Classic Spiderman (non slipcover mask)

Peter Parker Spiderman (blue is slightly different)/Spider-clone Ben Riley (because he’s a clone! there COULD BE AN ARMY OF HIM! SHUT UP! YOU DON’T KNOW!) as Classic Spiderman (non slipcover mask)

it’s not my dream wave, but eh, my dreams have died, I like living with realistic goals.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of my dream set, I'm going to take a guess at what we will see. I can't imagine Marvel Wave 50 would have anything other than A-Listers.

A bagged Chrome 10th Anniv. Daredevil will be given away at Toy Fair 2013 to kick off the celebration

In March we will get:

Specialty

Chrome 10th Anniv. Spider-man / Jackal

Chrome 10th Anniv. Wolverine / Silver Samurai

Chrome 10th Anniv. Captain America / Scourge of the Underworld

Ultimate Hawkeye / Scourge of the Underworld

TRU

Chrome 10th Anniv. Spider-man / Jackal

Chrome 10th Anniv. Wolverine / Silver Samurai

Chrome 10th Anniv. Hulk / Gremlin

Chrome 10th Ann. Iron Man / Iron Monger

The chrome figures will have first Minimates release tampos. The Scourges will have a variety of configurations with slip-cover masks, weapons, chest pieces.

A Chrome 10th Anniv. Fantastic Four box set will be sold at SDCC 2013. More bagged chrome DD will be given out to first x visitors per day.

A Chrome 10th Anniv. Thor along with a 10th Anniv. display diorama piece will complete the Chrome set and be sold at NYCC 2013.

Edited by Jatta Pake

Man, this changed from an "anything goes" thread to a "let's make fun of DST's Spidey/Avengers fixation" thread so gradually I barely noticed. :rolleyes:

Glad you guys are at least adjusting your expectations downward. At this point, Wave 50 may not be as special as I hoped. :(

Glad you guys are at least adjusting your expectations downward. At this point, Wave 50 may not be as special as I hoped. :(

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that. I know you were really geared up for it. I'm guessing it's stuff that's out of your control, though?

Man, this changed from an "anything goes" thread to a "let's make fun of DST's Spidey/Avengers fixation" thread so gradually I barely noticed. :rolleyes:

BUT IT WILL STILL HAVE SPIDER-HAM RIGHT????:(:spiderham:

Single Character:

Marrow - My best odds seemed to be early after MvC3 mates were announced, and it was rumored that MvC2 might also be in the license... but eventually Zach dashed that dream quite expertly. I once felt I had Matt half talked into her at a con, as part of a Morlocks set... but that was just idle chit-chat dreaming chatter, and Matt is no longer with the company anyway. I still think it would be cool... Callisto, Marrow, Leech, Caliban... problem is it lacks a big name heavy hitter.

Various Two-Packs:

Banshee & Sunfire (Everyone wants that Giant Sized roster rounded out. Frankly Thunderbird could use a redo at this point too, but it seems unlikely)

Pyro & Avalanche

Blob & Toad (I'd like Toad in both Modern and Classic varietes, ideally)

An Updated Mystique & White Queen

Stepford Cuckoos as an Army Builder

Misc:

Everything Else in my sig, plus every other X-Man not yet made, and all the unmade mainstays of Exiles (Mimic, Nocturne, White Sasquatch, Maybe a couple others)

Yeah... I like mutants...

Don't be so glum Zach. As long as it has Nighthawk (which it will), then it will be plenty special. :thumbsup:

Edited by karamazov80

A Brotherhood of Evil Mutants wave!

Toad/Blob

Avalanche/Pyro

Mystique (updated)/Stepford Cuckoos

Destiny/Stepford Cuckoos (variant)

TRU add-ons:

Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch (updates)

Mastermind/Spiral

if they did falcon and black knight I could officially retire from mates.

not that I would. just I COULD

Yep!

But which Falcon and Black Knight?

For me, classic red/white Falcon and classic Dane Whitman Black Knight (III) would only do. Then, I could potentially retire if I wanted to.

... which I wouldn't. After all, SOMEBODY has to ask about Molten Man. :rolleyes:

There are still a few dozen X-Men and a small handful of Brotherhood before I'd be able to retire.

Also not that I would, just that I could.

That's the thing about wanting EVERY X-Man ever... it never actually happens... so I'm never done... lol.

Some day, some company is going to make a Revanche toy, and my Heart is going to lock up. Then I'll retire from... life. lol...

I'd like to see

AOA X-man/ AOA Iceman

90's Havok/Polaris

X-force Vanisher/Domino

Modern Luke Cage/ Winter Soldier

Nice! It's probably a bit too x-heavy for an anniversary wave, but i'd love to see all these characters.

I'd like to see

AOA X-man/ AOA Iceman

90's Havok/Polaris

X-force Vanisher/Domino

Modern Luke Cage/ Winter Soldier

Given Luke Cage's hugely important role in the Marvel Universe for the past several years, I'm amazed we've seen so few Minimates of him. An update of him would be cool. :)

My dream wave would be a West Coast Avengers-themed wave with:

Hawkeye (long sleeved costume)/Mockingbird

Tigra/Hank Pym (in his red clothes civilian guise)

Wonder Man (red clothes and sunglasses)/random army builder

Wonder Man (sleeveless black costume with red W on his chest)/random army builder

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

I'll play this game again, a little more realistically.

Winter Soldier/Viper

T-bolts Luke Cage/SongBird (I really want this damn team done.)

Mandroids/Black Widow (Modern)

Mandroids/Black Widow (Grey jumpsuit)

A little Cap heavy, but that's a personal thing, but it'd get us Luke Cage in a great redesign (tank tops are overrated, and not a costume. At least the t-shirt has a logo!!), FINALLY a SongBird, a coveted army-builder, hopefully with SHIELD Agents underneath the armor, two demanded updates, a key villain of decades, and recently, and, of course, Winter Soldier (give him and extra arm and hairpiece and he's both a hero and a villain in one set).

Cookies are in the mail, DST.

if they did falcon and black knight I could officially retire from mates.

not that I would. just I COULD

Yep!

But which Falcon and Black Knight?

For me, classic red/white Falcon and classic Dane Whitman Black Knight (III) would only do. Then, I could potentially retire if I wanted to.

... which I wouldn't. After all, SOMEBODY has to ask about Molten Man. :rolleyes:

Quitters.;)

Set ain't done till there's a Tigra, a Moondragon, and a Mockingbird to go with a classic red/white Falcon and classic Whitman Black Knight. I've always been pretty meh on Eros, so I don't consider him essential. Hellcat is covered by K80's long plugged for Hellcat/Nighthawk set.

And then there's still sooo many Masters of Evil members after that. It took 6 years to get Kang... think of how long it will be to get Whirlwind? Sunstroke? Man-Ape? Don't get wobblely on me now fellas!

Molten Man's one of my favorite Spidey villains. I'd love a Minimate of him.

Heck yeah! I dig him too!

I've a secret desire to get all the classic villains that Spidey faced from his original run with Steve Ditko on the book as minimates. That means Molten Man and the Crime Master for starters! :D

I support an all-villains wave, to make up for the relative scarcity of them in the first 49 waves.

Pack 1: X-Men Villains

Pyro + Blob

Pack 2: Fantastic Four Villains

Blastaar + Annihilus

Pack 3: Avengers Villains

Zemo + Mandroid

variant Zemo II + Mandroid

TRU Supplemental 2-Packs:

Diablo + Dragon Man

Whirlwind + Man-Ape

Destiny + Avalanche

Supplemental Box Set: