UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2012 - Pictures and info

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting all the pics! Also, this thread makes me think we need a thread with our real pictures... I now feel 100% more intimate towards gh, yb, db and boyd.... :huh::ermm::huh:

:blink:

And people might have wondered why the last picture of myself I posted was of my wife's grandmother...

Although I'm sure that got the same reaction in some people.

I thought the next campaign was for a 90's X-Factor wave?

That looks like a fun group of guys. :biggrin: Thanks for keeping us posted on the details. Great job, really, but there are a few things missing: what kind of cookies were given? Can you post recipes? Pics? I could really go for a cookie right now.

I thought the next campaign was for a 90's X-Factor wave?

Oh, trust me, I want that more than anything.

But X-Factor needs a wave, at least. Havok/Polaris. Wolfsbane/Strong Guy. Quicksilver/Multiple Man (variant Val Cooper/Multiple Man).

For a Savage Land boxed set, though, that's the line up it should be. I've never heard of Stegron, and Sauron is a pretty major SL character, to my knowledge, anyways.

I think you're all forgetting that I laid claim to the next campaign awhile back already, so if you're gunning for anything other than Squirrel Girl you better get in line. I'll already stated that I'm more than open to sharing the campaign with any of the Rocket Raccoon camp who thinks they would make a great two pack (or a four pack with them, Man Thing and Howard the Duck). After she's made, I don't care who you guys push for at that point. I'm just waiting for the official announcement before shifting the campaign into all-out Lee Burns annoyance mode.

holy shit you guys are real people!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa....I'm still not sure Groundhog is nothing more than an entity comprised of Marvel Army Builders that have mysteriously been fused together by the despise of Corndog's prices and hate for Shocker Toys... :unsure:

That's the best origin story ever.

holy shit you guys are real people!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa....I'm still not sure Groundhog is nothing more than an entity comprised of Marvel Army Builders that have mysteriously been fused together by the despise of Corndog's prices and hate for Shocker Toys... :unsure:

I have on occasion heard stories of this fabled creature lurking around my neck o' the woods.....I have yet to actually make a sighting.

I have the biggest smile on my face that anybody could possibly have.......seeing that picture of you 4 guys at the Con has truly made my day . Bravo my friends,bravo! :biggrin:

Feel free to join us for the next one. :)

OK, so here is the gist of the post that I was trying to make earlier before on my phone. I apologize for any sappiness or general unwanted expression of emotion henceforth:

TM2Dinobot - Dude, you get a lot of grief around here sometimes, but I have to say that the love you have for Minimates, the Multiverse, and pop culture in general is admirable and refreshing. I used to be excited about a lot of things like that, before I became the jaded character I am now, or a dad...not sure which stole all my energy.

Boyd - You are the consummate artist that is expressed by your work. I wish we had spent more time together because I would have loved to pick your brain on some custom ideas. I loved that after the panel, one of the first thing you mentioned was the part reuse potential for some of the Battle Beast parts! :thumbsup:

Groundhog - You are exactly the person I expected, but without the boisterous persona I somehow pictured you having. ;) I think we have a lot in common and hope we can meet up again and hang out.

Zach - I know you view yourself as the 'suit' of the forum, but we don't see you that way. We value your opinion and can tell that you generally have a love for the products your company produces so don't ever feel like you need to hold back here with us. Also, when you need to put on your DST hat and set us straight from time to time, know that we don't take that personally and can separate Zach the fan from Zach the professional.

Multiverse members in general - I know we sometimes get bent out of shape by the little things, missing tampos, duck feet, holes in heads, lord knows I moaned about Friends & Foes, but I think we need to take a step back and look at the product that DST produces and appreciate that after 10 years, Minimates are going strong and have a bigger fan base than ever. I had my eyes opened quite a bit this weekend, especially at the panel. There were probably 50 - 60 people at the panel, and maybe only a handful of Multiverse members. One attendee in particular, a mother, asked Zach of there were plans to sell bags of miscellaneous parts so that when her kids lose Minimate hands or feet, she can replace it for them. Dinobot had brought a lot of spare parts with him, and I saw several occasions where he was handing out parts to people just because they needed a part. We told the mother about the MMMV and that was the first she had heard of the forum. There are a lot of people out there buying Minimates that aren't a part of this forum, and I think a lot of that is due to the actions DST has taken over the last few years. I would randomly ask people at the DST booth that were checking out Minimates if they collect them, and I got more "sometimes I buy the ones I like" than "I buy everything they make". Oh, and from what I could tell, the Marvel 'Best of' series was a BIG seller at the DST booth!

I guess if I'm asking anything of members here, it is to cut DST some slack for the small things. These guys are proud of the product they put out, and I think they've earned some slack from us.

[/end random emotion rant]

Here are some more pix I took:

Grey Vorin:

VorinGrey2.jpg

VorinGrey1.jpg

Marvel Select Chitauri Soldier (named by Joss Whedon, not Zach):

Chitauri-Select.jpg

Marvel Minimates Chitauri General:

Chitauri-Minimate.jpg

One of the reasons I was excited for the con was that TM2Dinobot and I had arranged a trade. Long story short, a few years ago I won a Gold Spidey Test Shot on eBay from an ex-Art Asylum employee, and then the same seller listed the Test Shot Silver Spidey last year. TM2 outbid me, but didn't realize it was a Test Shot Silver Spidey. We discussed and agreed that the 2 test shots belonged together, so he agreed to trade it to me.

Here are some pix of the Gold and Silver together again! :D

GoldSilver-Test-Front.jpg

GoldSilver-Test-Back.jpg