UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2012 - Pictures and info

Oh, and I was a bit taken back by how many people were asking Zach for multiple promo Beasts (or just directly reaching for the promos), and prefacing it with "I'm not a reseller"... :confused:

I must not have heard what you were hearing, youbastards -- only one or two people asked me for multiples, and I never once heard anybody say anything about reselling. A couple of people reached for the bag thinking it was self-serve, but I chalk that up to confusion, not greed. The only people who GOT more than one were those who were picking up for specific MMMVers or for an MMMV giveaway.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I was a bit taken back by how many people were asking Zach for multiple promo Beasts (or just directly reaching for the promos), and prefacing it with "I'm not a reseller"... :confused:

I must not have heard what you were hearing, youbastards -- only one or two people asked me for multiples, and I never once heard anybody say anything about reselling. A couple of people reached for the bag thinking it was self-serve, but I chalk that up to confusion, not greed. The only people who GOT more than one were those who were picking up for specific MMMVers or for an MMMV giveaway.

Yeah, it may have just been there right when the giveaway started when the show first opened. I just hope people actually open these up to check them out, it really is one of the coolest promos you guys have done.

1334389191[/url]' post='220660']
1334350859[/url]' post='220611']

So, you grabbed one for me, right Zach? Bro? Homeslice?

Bulkier than expected. Looks like there's more grey than gold too. Not sure how i feel about them yet.

Totally figured we were getting the General as the other figure, though; if the rumored other baddie is true i imagine we'll get him with A2.

Anyone else notice that these are all prototypes?? All the ones shown at NYCC were final, they had that plasticy sheen to them, but these are all painted; Hawkeye's quiver is hung on by blutac. Odd.

(And the duck feet will never go away, i think that needs to be accepted by now.)

I’m SUPER disappointed in the SFxT line.

It has a lot of the scale problems from the DC line and various Hulks for so long (Sagat is the same size as Cammy, despite a two foot height difference. Guile who’s always been more muscular then Ryu and Chun-Li will be smaller then them because a tampo tank top doesn’t add the kind of mass a sculpted gi and puffy arms do. And there’s no excuse not to do a Mega Raged Zangief since it’s the only way to get him right, unless Capcom said ’no, don’t make him awesome’)

Don’t worry, Zach, you’ll still get a metric crap ton of my money for these (I can change the scale with spare parts and paint, but the faces actually are really nice!) just know I’ll be buying them with a heavy sigh and slight headshake saying “DST, I’m not mad they’re out of scale, just... disappointed.”

Thanks, youbastards, for taking such great pictures! Seeing the non-mate stuff was really cool too. I especially like that frozen Captain America shield. So yeah, thanks for taking the time to do this for the rest of us who couldn't attend.

- We were talking about Wave 50 and I said that we have discussed how cool a Fan Poll would be, similar to the TRU boxsets. I said that we know 4 of the characters would be Kang, Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Baron Zemo. Zach said we may not need to wait for a Fan Poll for some of those... :thumbsup:

Thanks a BUNCH for asking!

C'mon Kang and Falcon! Gimme dat Kang and Falcon!

... and Baron Zemo and, um... yeah, Winter Solider, too! :whistling:

-REDACTED: They look really good, but with the shoulders limiting arm movement I'll have to wait to see how many I buy. Maybe there'll be a tampo underneath the chest cap? I was kind of planning on using them as some kind of army builder for the Mandarin or something, what with all that gold. And duck feet? :yucky:

-Street Fighter: I dig seeing older characters from the SF2 and will very likely pick them up since they're from my childhood. I dig that Zangief (who my childhood friends and I called "Hickies Galore!" doesn't have shoulder restriction on his chest). I don't know anything about the game they're for or Tekken, but I like what I see so far. I hope we get Blanca, E. Honda and Dhalsim!

-It's also great to see some MAX & Pirates guys shown. I really, really hope they both get released as I love those lines! That skeleton-guy? Be still my heart!

-This'll be the 3rd year that I want summer to end super quick... so I can get to those sweet Universal Monsters figures. :pinch:

-Punisher, Kingpin MODOK, Dr. Doom, She-Hulk and Rhino... I will do anything for them. I'll smack somebody with a board that has a nail in it. I'll smack MYSELF with a board with a nail in it. Just get those cool suckers on the market quick! :sweat:

A question for ZACH:

Will the Mummy have bandage tampo's all the way around his legs? I can see in the pictures shown he won't for his arms and since the Bride of Frankenstein didn't, I figure that's a given. Just wondering how his legs will look. Thanks!

Edited by Mystery Man

(And the duck feet will never go away, i think that needs to be accepted by now.)

Didn't they already go away like 2 years ago? I thought all the big feet since then were sculpted.

Nope! Giant/Ant Man, coming soon, has them too. I believe someone else recently had them but it slips my mind. But they've been there, we've just been given more options with them.

Panel coverage, no photos per Zach.

Battle Beasts

- Vorin design sheet

- Dragonfly design sheet

- SDCC 2pack exc

- Walrus design sheet

- Rattlesnake design sheet

- scorpion design sheet, 4 peg hip

- Tarantula

Walking Dead

- TRU Wave 1 & 2 shown

Expendables

- Specialty 4 pack

- TRU sets

- Lots of guns per set!!!

MVC3

- Series 3 the end

SF X Tekken

- Specialty will have female characters

Vehicles

- May for TRU KITT and new Pirate Ship

- Munsters, not sure if B&W variant

Halo

- Srs 4 box this month

- TRU 4 later

Universal Monsters

- TRU B&W exclusives

- Sarcophagus counts as a figure

Marvel

- Srs 44 shown

- Srs 45 - Loki Army General is the variant

- TRU 13 - June

- TRU Avengers this month

- Srs 46 Spidey

- TRU Spidey

- Srs 47 X-Men

- TRU 14

- Fear Itself boxsets

- trying to timelier with crossovers w/o spoilers

- Venom TTA

- Hulk TTA may be 2013

- Marvel .com will show a new character this week, we saw a shadow, he looks A-KANG-ZING!!!!

- New Pirates animation, no video, just audio

- Q&A

Universal Monsters

- TRU B&W exclusives

- Sarcophagus counts as a figure

- TRU 14

- Marvel .com will show a new character this week, we saw a shadow, he looks A-KANG-ZING!!!!

Questions:

- A KANG A ZING?! WHAT WHAT WHAT? What'd it look like? Just the head? Whole body? Was it just a blackened-out silhouette? Was it a figure or just control art? This'll be announced this week on Marvel.com? :woot:

- TRU 14 is the one with Rhino in it, right?

THANKS DUDE!

Edited by Mystery Man

Q&A

- stands should be coming with more mates

- no marvel vehicles

- Michonne will have her zombies

- First Class, no news on sequel mates

- MMDB got a recommendation from Zach

- Marvel 616 army dump, no news, Zach wants

- No HBO talks for True Blood, Game of Thrones

- No BB rub symbols, because these are in no way associated with other toys

- BB may have a gameplay system associated

- BB, no thought for vehicles at this time

- Disco Dazzler? Zach was surprised we haven't gotten one yet.

- Marvel box and BB 2pack planned for SDCC

- Zach has submitted something to Guinness book for Minimates, most prolific action figure

- More Disney exclusives are coming

- Planet Hulk mates? Old story, probably not

- Marvel theme specialty waves are well received

- Lukes toy store got a shout out from Zach

- Female SHIELD not planned currently

- Star Trek, no word on retailer response from Enterprise yet.

- Assassins Creed, no discussion

- No plans for DC license, ask DC for them

- Zachs dream line of Minimates = Ferris Bueller or Indiana Jones

- No Halo 4 mates

- Nintendo? Not sure if ever approached, no designs ever shown

- Will BB heads be sculpted or slipcover? Most will be unique sculpts

- BB will have LOTS of sculpting

- Selling random bag of parts? No plans

- Femme Fatales wave 3, need more new characters first, maybe in 6 months

- Retailers, talking to Target & WalMart

- New movies that are untested, a big gamble.

- They are looking at some american animated series

- no current plans for He-Man

- Ghostbusters are done

Design art giveaway!

- Egon

- Iron Man under armor

- Tony Stark suit

- Ultimate Fury