UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Wolverine

youbastards

I didn't know that was back on yet since Aronofsky's departure. Looks like they've found a solid replacement in Mangold (the guy who directed the 310 to Yuma remake, Walk the Line, and Girl, Interrupted). Of course, they tried to bring in a director with critical acclaim for the first film, and it was a trainwreck in my humble estimation.

This should be a no brainer: Wolverine vs Ninjas & Silver Samurai. Don't complicate it, don't make it more or less than what it needs to be. This should not be that hard... but then on paper a Punisher movie shouldn't be that hard to make either and they've yet to get that one right so...

Wouldn't be the first time a teaser poster was released before pre-production even really got rolling. There was a website and wallpaper downloads released for the Paul Greengrass Watchmen movie, that I have saved on an old computer somewhere, containing a date of the movie's proposed release I believe.

Edited by karamazov80

Poster looks fake. I think that the success of FirstClass will make Fox even less respectful of the source material. Rumor has itAronofsky left because they were trying to stuff mutants down his throat.Needless to say I’m not very confident this movie will be any good.

Yeah, I'm gonna try my best to keep expectations low. But I'm a huge Wolverine fan, and apart from a few scenes here or there, I don't think the existing X films have really captured what it was that made Wolvie Wolvie in the comics. The Aronofsky movie was supposed to change that. Hopefully this one will.

X2, the school lobby, slaughtering those soldiers. Perfect pitch Wolverine.

And Wolvy and Sabes weren't the problem with XMO:W... nor was team X... it was all the other crap they loaded the film with.

I would have even liked their Weapon XI idea, had they not tried to make him Deadpool.

X2, the school lobby, slaughtering those soldiers. Perfect pitch Wolverine.

I agree (even though Jackman points out that he doesn't stab any soldiers in a critical place :lol ). But that's one scene. I like Jackman's interpretation of Wolvie, but so far, it's not the same as the comic character in my eyes.

The poster looks pretty cool.

I'm no longer too fussed about them sticking to the source material closely. X3 was a battle between holding the source material close, making the studio exes happy & what the writer/s wanted to do . . . and it was an effing mess.

First class abandoned grounding itself too firmly in the book-lore and focused more on reasonably good writing & creating a visual style/taste for itself, and it worked pretty darn well i think.

The trick seems to be tell 1 story - rather than the 3 or 4 they tried to load into XMOW & X3. Dark Phoenix is her own story. Magneto's War on humanity is it's own story. Dr Kavtia Rao's Cure is it's own story. Each one of those could have been a film on it's own.

XMOW suffered from the same problem. Too many different parts of a history trying to be crammed into one film. Logans years in black ops & his ultimate defection from the group could almost have been it's own film, but instead we got his claws first manifesting, his loooooooong history with his 'brother' (opening credits), his love & loss of a woman, the insertion of his adamantium, revenge against the man who made him & the battle with Barakapool.

TOO MANY ELEMENTS!

Keep it simple this time guys. Pleeeeeeeeeease?

edit: wow - that was whiney! on a more positive note - i really think the poster looks cool.

I'm no longer too fussed about them sticking to the source material closely. X3 was a battle between holding the source material close, making the studio exes happy & what the writer/s wanted to do . . . and it was an effing mess.

First class abandoned grounding itself too firmly in the book-lore and focused more on reasonably good writing & creating a visual style/taste for itself, and it worked pretty darn well i think.

You're right about that, and above all else, I really just want to see a good movie (so I'll take First Class and its lack of connection to the comics 10 times out of 10 over the abomination that was X3). But if they can do that while at the same time being faithful to the comics in the sense of giving us a Wolverine that jumped off the pages of the Claremont/Miller mini series, then that would be the best case scenario IMO.

At the other end of the scale from First Class is Watchman, which was faithful to the source material to a fault, and in the end made a pretty dull movie. What works in print does not always work on film.

If they can just tell a simple, time honored tale of a very lost and angry man who discovers a way to calm his inner demons through martial arts, but that the world refuses to let find peace, then they'll be okay.

At the other end of the scale from First Class is Watchman, which was faithful to the source material to a fault, and in the end made a pretty dull movie. What works in print does not always work on film.

If they can just tell a simple, time honored tale of a very lost and angry man who discovers a way to calm his inner demons through martial arts, but that the world refuses to let find peace, then they'll be okay.

Also claws and healing factor. And you've got yourself a movie! :D

• 1 year later...

Yah, but Viper still has a German accent. So she may still end up being Madame Viper. And if they call her "Viper" in this movie, but dye her hair black and call her "Madame Viper" in Avengers-verse... Easy tie in. Especially when you consider that she can change her look. I bet that's how they're going to do it.

I am really looking forward to this movie. It looks like they took their time and made a good film, rather than that cluster%*^$ that was W:O

pretty sure Viper wont have any relation to Hydra ever.

Im excited, I like that there are two silver samurai's, one to represent Logans past and one to represent his future