UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel MiniMates Wave 47

elhonez

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats cool (about brood). With all that new tooling, it's not unfeasible to think that DST might re-use them again sometime to create a Brood Queen in a future wave.

Now - who's ready to abandon Kang & start campaigning for Gateway? :biggrin:

Gateway'd be neat, but he's no Kang. Keep your noisy bullroarer away from my precious conqueror!

Gateway'd also be expensive to do "right". You would need to tool a new lower torso/stand so he can sit cross-legged on the ground. Between that and the spinning bullroarer accessory that's a lot of character specific tooling for such a minor character.

Kang on the other hand can be made using either entirely existing parts, or at most very few new pieces. Just sayin'.

he's skinny, couldn't they just give him arms as legs?

Better yet, by reusing the puffy shoulder arms, Halo Spartan belt, and the thin waist would give him pretty good articulation. He can't cross his legs but without doing sculpted legs that wouldn't happen anyway and the puffy sleeves is a good imitation of his loincloth/wrap. So the only new new parts that he would need would be a new beard/hair piece, his bull-roarer accessory, and possibly a new foot/boot. As a plus the only tampos needed would be his face, chest, and possibly his back.

Hey, we got a teleporting dog with Outback Psyloche so packaging him with Avengers Crystal (Black and White uniform) or Medusa would make a twisted sort of sense. :lol:

Gateway'd also be expensive to do "right". You would need to tool a new lower torso/stand so he can sit cross-legged on the ground. Between that and the spinning bullroarer accessory that's a lot of character specific tooling for such a minor character.

you know Dhalsim is in SFxT and HE sits cross-legged to teleport which is as vital to his character as the stretchy limbs crap these days... it’s completely worth DST’s time/effort/money to create a cross-legged sitting piece since that’s TWO characters that could use it!

you know Dhalsim is in SFxT and HE sits cross-legged to teleport which is as vital to his character as the stretchy limbs crap these days... it’s completely worth DST’s time/effort/money to create a cross-legged sitting piece since that’s TWO characters that could use it!

Three if you create a "meditating Dr. Strange" with the same piece.

*SQUEE*

I would be very VERY excited to see if DST could pull something like this off. Especially now that it has been pointed out that 3 separate characters could use such a piece.

I will try not to get my hopes up though :P

That being said, I'll bet we'll we'd better see a Kang Minimate before we get it.

There. Fixed that for you. :thumbsup:

I believe that Shaman (Alpha Flight) could also use the levitation stand which had been previously discussed.

If he was to levitate in a cross legged position... where would you insert the flight stand!?

Why that's easy, it would be inserted into his.... :blink::ohmy::pinch::(. Okay, maybe it's not that good an idea.

I believe that Shaman (Alpha Flight) could also use the levitation stand which had been previously discussed.

If he was to levitate in a cross legged position... where would you insert the flight stand!?

Why that's easy, it would be inserted into his.... :blink::ohmy::pinch::(. Okay, maybe it's not that good an idea.

crude jokes aside :D you could use the stand from that Wolverine/Viewtiful Joe set to have him hover without a very uncomfortable sculpting decision

These ideas are all fantastic. You are getting my hopes right up for a character, that by all accounts, is even less likely to be made than Gideon. I will blame you all for my personal heart-break when we find that Gateway never gets made :P

These ideas are all fantastic. You are getting my hopes right up for a character, that by all accounts, is even less likely to be made than Gideon. I will blame you all for my personal heart-break when we find that Gateway never gets made :P

You're welcome. Any other dreams you want us to build up before reality crushes them? Gideon Though the Ages box set?

For crossed legs, what if they made a new crotch piece like this:

9krJC.jpg

You could use normal Minimate legs and feet but I don't know if it would work.

genius! When we get Dhalsim (if SFxT is going beyond 1 wave and we get a Dhalsim that is) I’ll need to get a second so I can mod his hips in this fashion

I'd welcome Kang, since he's a villain and a new character, but not being an Avenger fan, I don't know nor care who he is, to be honest.

Being an X-Fan, however, I would LOVE a Gateway Minimate. They wouldn't even have to include a regular lower half, for all I care. Just the crossed-legs. Then, we could also get a teleporting disc-effect for him to hold above his head, too.